Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Tactical Help 3-4-1-2 FC Porto

Hello guys,

I'm currently in charge of FC Porto in the Primeira Liga. My team set up is a 3-4-1-2, I'm playing with an SK and three centre backs, two midfielders (DLP and CM) accompanied by a winger on each side making a horizontal four, an AP in front of the midfield, and a Poacher with a Target Man up top. 

My team instruction are the following:

Control team mentality, narrow width, normal tempo, balanced freedom.

Defensive line balanced, own half closing down, normal tackling, offside trap off and time wasting off.

Attack: I have no final third instructions, short passing, mixed passing focus, and short distribution.

(If needed I can provide a screenshot of everything)

In terms of my team quality, I have a world class team and all attributes and player roles aline with each position. For example my A team and B team Target mans don't have "likes to beat the offside trap".

Trophy wise I have won the domestic league every year (3), same thing for the all the domestic up competitions, 1 European champions cup and 1 European super cup.

PLEASE COMMENT ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN IMPROVE MY TEAM. THANKS!

On 30/03/2021 at 07:25, Rich said:

Looks to me you’re sorted mate, doesn’t get much better than the results you’re already getting 😝

I feel like my tactic is over relying on talent rather than the tactics themselves. Another problem that I keep getting is that when my team is in the final third the winger who are my only source of width cut into the box leaving the team no choice but to play through the middle. Both wingers have the hug the line and runs down the right traits.

12 hours ago, bayern munich Ar said:

I feel like my tactic is over relying on talent rather than the tactics themselves. Another problem that I keep getting is that when my team is in the final third the winger who are my only source of width cut into the box leaving the team no choice but to play through the middle. Both wingers have the hug the line and runs down the right traits.

One thing I can suggest is putting run at defence on, the wingers will try and run down the line more. Have you got a left footed player LW and a right footed player on RW?

On 01/04/2021 at 06:19, Rich said:

One thing I can suggest is putting run at defence on, the wingers will try and run down the line more. Have you got a left footed player LW and a right footed player on RW?

Yes my wingers are both playing on their dominant side (RM/right foot, LM/left foot). Your suggestion really helped me with the run at defence instruction and I changed my passing focus to the wings, so far I have played 5 games scoring 21 goals and conceding 1. Thanks!