Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guides/Tips Hexer's Workshop: It's all about Hex (FMM21 and beyond)


Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Mike16 said:

@ScratchWhat if you want to edit player attributes, how do you do it?

I just took a quick look at other posts in this thread and most of the info is in there somewhere, but maybe I can give you step by step instructions (though super busy at the moment, might be slow). Do you have a particular player in mind? That would make it easier to explain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want to edit stats as such

I just want a tool to check the PA of my players and help me scout 

how will I be able to achieve that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sahil7 said:

I don't want to edit stats as such

I just want a tool to check the PA of my players and help me scout 

how will I be able to achieve that? 

Haha, when I finish it! But Android only for now and won't be free.

I think there are links to other apps on here somewhere. There's a PC one linked to somewhere in General Discussion, probably the last 3 or 4 pages. There's another android app in the download section (not AM21 which is my one, free beta last year), but I don't think that works anymore - it was for FMM21. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm so sorry but I can't find the desktop app that you are talking about in generally chat can you please hmu personally or tell me where it is exactly

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Scratch said:

I just took a quick look at other posts in this thread and most of the info is in there somewhere, but maybe I can give you step by step instructions (though super busy at the moment, might be slow). Do you have a particular player in mind? That would make it easier to explain.

I've found out how to edit the player stats.. little by little I'm learning as it's my first time using editor. The issue is I couldn't find the passing and creativity attributes on hex.. the player in question is billy gilmour of chelsea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 31/08/2021 at 14:33, Scratch said:

What you have for both the first and second section matches what I have. 😄

In the second section, the 0f (11th pos after sid) is Jumping, which is half of Aerial, along with Heading (which is the one in the 10th pos).

The other thing I can point out is that immediately before the CA/PA is footedness. So he has 0f (15) for his left foot and 14 (20) for his right foot.

 

This is the info I'm looking for, to know the exact locations of attributes and stats.. also I want to know how to edit club finances 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sahil7 said:

I'm so sorry but I can't find the desktop app that you are talking about in generally chat can you please hmu personally or tell me where it is exactly

 

It's mentioned here (follow down the page to find the actual link to it):

 

I don't know anything about that one, haven't tried it, just saw it mentioned there,

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Mike16 said:

I've found out how to edit the player stats.. little by little I'm learning as it's my first time using editor. The issue is I couldn't find the passing and creativity attributes on hex.. the player in question is billy gilmour of chelsea.

Okay, so you know how to find his record with the attributes and CA/PA etc? If so, then I can post most of the record structure so you can find those two things. I won't bother explaining how to find him though if you already know that. Here is his record in my save (it can be a little different in different saves)

34 27 00 00 AE CF 01 00 DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C 01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01 0C 14 7E 00 A8 00 9C 18 9C 18 7C 15 00 06 98 00 00 AA 00 41 00

It breaks down like this:

 

ID / Codes

First there are 2 ID codes. 34 27 00 00 is the internal save specific code you would have found from his main record (just before the long FFFF section). AE CF 01 00 is another code, no need to worry about this.

 

Attributes

Then comes the attributes: 

DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C

This is the order (but note some of these are 0-20 and some are 0-255 so you have to play around with the values and see what happens):

Crossing, Dribbling, Tackling, Shooting(Finishing), Shooting(Long Shots), Aerial(Heading), Aerial(Jumping), Passing, Decisions, Teamwork (Unselfishness), Pace, Strength, Stamina, Technique, Consistency, Aggression, Big Matches, Injury Proneness, Leadership, Versatility, Set Pieces, Penalties, Creativity, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork (Work rate), Flair, Handling, Kicking, Agility, Arial GK, Reflexes, Communication (but shown value is modified by Leadership I think), Throwing.

 

Positions

Then comes the player's positions (all 0-20):

01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01

This is the order:

GK, Sweeper (no longer used), DL, DC, DR, DMC, ML, MC, MR, AML, AMC, AMR, ST, DML, DMR

 

Feet

Then we have two 0-20 values for left foot and right foot: 0C and 14

 

CA / PA

Next we have CA (7E 00), followed by PA (A8 00), which are both 0-200

 

Reputation(s)

Then we have home reputation (9C 18), current reputation (9C 18) and world reputation (7C 15). Don't ask me the difference between home and current, I don't know!

 

Other Stuff

00 06 98 00 00 - The first 00 is retired from ITN (if you set it to 01), not sure what the rest is, it seems to have something to do with player shape (ie are they shaped like a defender, or a winger or Messi, etc).

 

Height and Weight

Yeah, both height (AA 00) and weight (41 00) are included in the save file, even though they don't appear in the game.

 

And that's it. Hope it helps, remember to back up your save before editing in case you kill it by accident and have fun.

 

 

Edited by Scratch
Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mike16 said:

This is the info I'm looking for, to know the exact locations of attributes and stats.. also I want to know how to edit club finances 

This one, I don't know, sorry. I played around with it once, but I had to use the editor to change the value and then use a diff/comparison tool to compare the saves (before edit and after edit) to work out where it was in the file. I couldn't see any way to get to that section by searching for something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Okay, so you know how to find his record with the attributes and CA/PA etc? If so, then I can post most of the record structure so you can find those two things. I won't bother explaining how to find him though if you already know that. Here is his record in my save (it can be a little different in different saves)

34 27 00 00 AE CF 01 00 DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C 01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01 0C 14 7E 00 A8 00 9C 18 9C 18 7C 15 00 06 98 00 00 AA 00 41 00

It breaks down like this:

 

ID / Codes

First there are 2 ID codes. 34 27 00 00 is the internal save specific code you would have found from his main record (just before the long FFFF section). AE CF 01 00 is another code, no need to worry about this.

 

Attributes

Then comes the attributes: 

DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C

This is the order (but note some of these are 0-20 and some are 0-255 so you have to play around with the values and see what happens):

Crossing, Dribbling, Tackling, Shooting(Finishing), Shooting(Long Shots), Aerial(Heading), Aerial(Jumping), Passing, Decisions, Teamwork (Unselfishness), Pace, Strength, Stamina, Technique, Consistency, Aggression, Big Matches, Injury Proneness, Leadership, Versatility, Set Pieces, Penalties, Creativity, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork (Work rate), Flair, Handling, Kicking, Agility, Arial GK, Reflexes, Communication (but shown value is modified by Leadership I think), Throwing.

 

Positions

Then comes the player's positions (all 0-20):

01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01

This is the order:

GK, Sweeper (no longer used), DL, DC, DR, DMC, ML, MC, MR, AML, AMC, AMR, ST, DML, DMR

 

Feet

Then we have two 0-20 values for left foot and right foot: 0C and 14

 

CA / PA

Next we have CA (7E 00), followed by PA (A8 00), which are both 0-200

 

Reputation(s)

Then we have home reputation (9C 18), current reputation (9C 18) and world reputation (7C 15). Don't ask me the difference between home and current, I don't know!

 

Other Stuff

00 06 98 00 00 - The first 00 is retired from ITN (if you set it to 01), not sure what the rest is, it seems to have something to do with player shape (ie are they shaped like a defender, or a winger or Messi, etc).

 

Height and Weight

Yeah, both height (AA 00) and weight (41 00) are included in the save file, even though they don't appear in the game.

 

And that's it. Hope it helps, remember to back up your save before editing in case you kill it by accident and have fun.

 

 

How about role traits?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zanfandi said:

How about role traits?

No idea. It's not in that section of the save file. If any knows, I'd love to learn where it's stored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Scratch said:

It's mentioned here (follow down the page to find the actual link to it):

 

I don't know anything about that one, haven't tried it, just saw it mentioned there,

It ain't much but it does the strict minimum, if you just want to see Current ability and Potential ability it's enough.
sent you a link to download it @sahil7
When you open the exe, it will ask you to select a save (hidden.fms or fm_save1.fms for example)
this is how it looks tP4oA9H.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Scratch said:

Okay, so you know how to find his record with the attributes and CA/PA etc? If so, then I can post most of the record structure so you can find those two things. I won't bother explaining how to find him though if you already know that. Here is his record in my save (it can be a little different in different saves)

34 27 00 00 AE CF 01 00 DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C 01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01 0C 14 7E 00 A8 00 9C 18 9C 18 7C 15 00 06 98 00 00 AA 00 41 00

It breaks down like this:

 

ID / Codes

First there are 2 ID codes. 34 27 00 00 is the internal save specific code you would have found from his main record (just before the long FFFF section). AE CF 01 00 is another code, no need to worry about this.

 

Attributes

Then comes the attributes: 

DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C

This is the order (but note some of these are 0-20 and some are 0-255 so you have to play around with the values and see what happens):

Crossing, Dribbling, Tackling, Shooting(Finishing), Shooting(Long Shots), Aerial(Heading), Aerial(Jumping), Passing, Decisions, Teamwork (Unselfishness), Pace, Strength, Stamina, Technique, Consistency, Aggression, Big Matches, Injury Proneness, Leadership, Versatility, Set Pieces, Penalties, Creativity, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork (Work rate), Flair, Handling, Kicking, Agility, Arial GK, Reflexes, Communication (but shown value is modified by Leadership I think), Throwing.

 

Positions

Then comes the player's positions (all 0-20):

01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01

This is the order:

GK, Sweeper (no longer used), DL, DC, DR, DMC, ML, MC, MR, AML, AMC, AMR, ST, DML, DMR

 

Feet

Then we have two 0-20 values for left foot and right foot: 0C and 14

 

CA / PA

Next we have CA (7E 00), followed by PA (A8 00), which are both 0-200

 

Reputation(s)

Then we have home reputation (9C 18), current reputation (9C 18) and world reputation (7C 15). Don't ask me the difference between home and current, I don't know!

 

Other Stuff

00 06 98 00 00 - The first 00 is retired from ITN (if you set it to 01), not sure what the rest is, it seems to have something to do with player shape (ie are they shaped like a defender, or a winger or Messi, etc).

 

Height and Weight

Yeah, both height (AA 00) and weight (41 00) are included in the save file, even though they don't appear in the game.

 

And that's it. Hope it helps, remember to back up your save before editing in case you kill it by accident and have fun.

 

 

Thank you so much for breaking it down bit by bit, your the best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2022 at 12:30, Scratch said:

Okay, so you know how to find his record with the attributes and CA/PA etc? If so, then I can post most of the record structure so you can find those two things. I won't bother explaining how to find him though if you already know that. Here is his record in my save (it can be a little different in different saves)

34 27 00 00 AE CF 01 00 DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C 01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01 0C 14 7E 00 A8 00 9C 18 9C 18 7C 15 00 06 98 00 00 AA 00 41 00

It breaks down like this:

 

ID / Codes

First there are 2 ID codes. 34 27 00 00 is the internal save specific code you would have found from his main record (just before the long FFFF section). AE CF 01 00 is another code, no need to worry about this.

 

Attributes

Then comes the attributes: 

DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C

This is the order (but note some of these are 0-20 and some are 0-255 so you have to play around with the values and see what happens):

Crossing, Dribbling, Tackling, Shooting(Finishing), Shooting(Long Shots), Aerial(Heading), Aerial(Jumping), Passing, Decisions, Teamwork (Unselfishness), Pace, Strength, Stamina, Technique, Consistency, Aggression, Big Matches, Injury Proneness, Leadership, Versatility, Set Pieces, Penalties, Creativity, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork (Work rate), Flair, Handling, Kicking, Agility, Arial GK, Reflexes, Communication (but shown value is modified by Leadership I think), Throwing.

 

Positions

Then comes the player's positions (all 0-20):

01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01

This is the order:

GK, Sweeper (no longer used), DL, DC, DR, DMC, ML, MC, MR, AML, AMC, AMR, ST, DML, DMR

 

Feet

Then we have two 0-20 values for left foot and right foot: 0C and 14

 

CA / PA

Next we have CA (7E 00), followed by PA (A8 00), which are both 0-200

 

Reputation(s)

Then we have home reputation (9C 18), current reputation (9C 18) and world reputation (7C 15). Don't ask me the difference between home and current, I don't know!

 

Other Stuff

00 06 98 00 00 - The first 00 is retired from ITN (if you set it to 01), not sure what the rest is, it seems to have something to do with player shape (ie are they shaped like a defender, or a winger or Messi, etc).

 

Height and Weight

Yeah, both height (AA 00) and weight (41 00) are included in the save file, even though they don't appear in the game.

 

And that's it. Hope it helps, remember to back up your save before editing in case you kill it by accident and have fun.

 

 

IDK which attributes are out of 0c to 14 (20 rating points.) and what is the code for 255 , also, some easy guide to locate , change nationaility of players and to change attribute of managers. I wish to prevent Germany from winning the World Cup and want to create a few talented youngsters for the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 23/04/2022 at 02:23, Sumar said:

It ain't much but it does the strict minimum, if you just want to see Current ability and Potential ability it's enough.
sent you a link to download it @sahil7
When you open the exe, it will ask you to select a save (hidden.fms or fm_save1.fms for example)
this is how it looks tP4oA9H.png

Please send me the link to download it @Sumar :) 

Many thanks, bro :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I recently started looking into the files inside the obb and that sicomps caught my attention as I counldn't find much info about it in this forum so I will summarize what I've found after some (a lot of) digging around.

Disclaimer: I'm using FMM21 as it's the only version I've bought, but it's problably the same for 22

The sicomps folder contais the following folders and files:

  • folders containing xml describing nation and competition rules - this xml files can be loaded into the FM pre game editor on pc; however, as others have described, appear to not be recognized by the game after added to the installed folder and reloading skin. This combined with this files not being present in versions prior to moving game data to the obb leads me to believe that this files aren't used by the game at all
  • comps.dbc - at first this seems to be unreadable as it's encoded but I didn't gave up so easily, I decided to try a simple rename to comps.fmf but the resource archiver didn't work, so I removed the first 8 bytes from the file (making it start with 02 01 f m f .) et voilà! it worked, and gave me a folder containing files corresponding to the xml files. This files must be read through hex editor but if you look at one side by side with the corresponding xml you'll see they describe the same thing. After fully understanding how are these files encoded I tried to customized my own but unfortunatly I couldn't get it loaded by the game, but i believe it should be possible.
  • comps.txt - contains a list of all xml files paired with a number, no idea what's the use of this file
  • folder named with database version (e.g. 2111) containing six files - fmm_cities, fmm_clusbs, ...comps, ...people, ... reserve_clubs, ...stadiums - This files are also encripted, but you can apply the same method as for comps.dbc to use the archiver on them and each one will give one file for each league you can load at the start of the game, this files containing a list of IDs that I think are used to decide wich clubs, players , etc... are loaded from the database when you create a new save. I haven't put much time into these files but if we were able to load them to the game, we would be able to do stuff like loading all players from small national teams

While looking into the save files I found that part of the save files contains a copy of the decoded comps.dbc, you can easily find it by searching "maintDdE" on an hex editor, each occurence marks the end of the rules for a competition. This means if you edit them they will alter competition rules in your save. Using this I've successfully reduced the number of rounds on the portuguese top division to one (i.e. teams only play 17 matches instead of 34). Unfortunatly this changes only take place on the next season (even if they didn't it, in this case it would mess up the save as the matches are scheduled from the creation of the save file). The reason for this is that the competition rules are copied at the beggining of the competition to the end section of the save file (the one that looks like gibberish). This section can also be decoded on the resource archiver by the method described above (except you must remove more than 8 bytes). Once again, I barely looked into the files contained in this section, but it might be worth explore.

Now, some questions:

  1. Do you have any suggestions on where to place comps.dbc for it to be loaded?
  2. How does the game differentiates between november and march databases? I've noticed that the patch obb contains a lot of databases, but the files on sicomps have different database numbers, and I don't get why

Finally, feel free to ask me to further explain how I did any of the above, especially if you want me to describe how are the competition rules encoded as it took me some time to understand but I've already created a small program to put it in a semi-readable form.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MrCaseiro said:

Hi, I recently started looking into the files inside the obb and that sicomps caught my attention as I counldn't find much info about it in this forum so I will summarize what I've found after some (a lot of) digging around.

Disclaimer: I'm using FMM21 as it's the only version I've bought, but it's problably the same for 22

The sicomps folder contais the following folders and files:

  • folders containing xml describing nation and competition rules - this xml files can be loaded into the FM pre game editor on pc; however, as others have described, appear to not be recognized by the game after added to the installed folder and reloading skin. This combined with this files not being present in versions prior to moving game data to the obb leads me to believe that this files aren't used by the game at all
  • comps.dbc - at first this seems to be unreadable as it's encoded but I didn't gave up so easily, I decided to try a simple rename to comps.fmf but the resource archiver didn't work, so I removed the first 8 bytes from the file (making it start with 02 01 f m f .) et voilà! it worked, and gave me a folder containing files corresponding to the xml files. This files must be read through hex editor but if you look at one side by side with the corresponding xml you'll see they describe the same thing. After fully understanding how are these files encoded I tried to customized my own but unfortunatly I couldn't get it loaded by the game, but i believe it should be possible.
  • comps.txt - contains a list of all xml files paired with a number, no idea what's the use of this file
  • folder named with database version (e.g. 2111) containing six files - fmm_cities, fmm_clusbs, ...comps, ...people, ... reserve_clubs, ...stadiums - This files are also encripted, but you can apply the same method as for comps.dbc to use the archiver on them and each one will give one file for each league you can load at the start of the game, this files containing a list of IDs that I think are used to decide wich clubs, players , etc... are loaded from the database when you create a new save. I haven't put much time into these files but if we were able to load them to the game, we would be able to do stuff like loading all players from small national teams

While looking into the save files I found that part of the save files contains a copy of the decoded comps.dbc, you can easily find it by searching "maintDdE" on an hex editor, each occurence marks the end of the rules for a competition. This means if you edit them they will alter competition rules in your save. Using this I've successfully reduced the number of rounds on the portuguese top division to one (i.e. teams only play 17 matches instead of 34). Unfortunatly this changes only take place on the next season (even if they didn't it, in this case it would mess up the save as the matches are scheduled from the creation of the save file). The reason for this is that the competition rules are copied at the beggining of the competition to the end section of the save file (the one that looks like gibberish). This section can also be decoded on the resource archiver by the method described above (except you must remove more than 8 bytes). Once again, I barely looked into the files contained in this section, but it might be worth explore.

Now, some questions:

  1. Do you have any suggestions on where to place comps.dbc for it to be loaded?
  2. How does the game differentiates between november and march databases? I've noticed that the patch obb contains a lot of databases, but the files on sicomps have different database numbers, and I don't get why

Finally, feel free to ask me to further explain how I did any of the above, especially if you want me to describe how are the competition rules encoded as it took me some time to understand but I've already created a small program to put it in a semi-readable form.

The changes I made to all these files were not accepted into the game, no matter how I tried (putting in folders, packing in the obb - all failed). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

The changes I made to all these files were not accepted into the game, no matter how I tried (putting in folders, packing in the obb - all failed). 

Thanks for replying, I just tried repacking the obb and it worked! Did you tried modifying the comps.dbc or the xml? I modified the comps.dbc and altered the number of rounds in a competition. While packing the obb you must tick out the compress archive setting, otherwise most in-game text will not be displayed and you wont even be able to create a save.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MrCaseiro said:

Thanks for replying, I just tried repacking the obb and it worked! Did you tried modifying the comps.dbc or the xml? I modified the comps.dbc and altered the number of rounds in a competition. While packing the obb you must tick out the compress archive setting, otherwise most in-game text will not be displayed and you wont even be able to create a save.

Thanks, that's all I needed to hear - can't believe the answer was that simple. Maybe that could revolutionize competition editing in the future

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...