Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guides/Tips Hexer's Workshop: It's all about Hex (FMM21 and beyond)

14 hours ago, Mike16 said:

@ScratchWhat if you want to edit player attributes, how do you do it?

Hmm, can't answer this right now, but will try later sometime (in next day or so).

18 hours ago, Mike16 said:

@ScratchWhat if you want to edit player attributes, how do you do it?

I just took a quick look at other posts in this thread and most of the info is in there somewhere, but maybe I can give you step by step instructions (though super busy at the moment, might be slow). Do you have a particular player in mind? That would make it easier to explain.

I don't want to edit stats as such

I just want a tool to check the PA of my players and help me scout 

how will I be able to achieve that? 

1 hour ago, sahil7 said:

I don't want to edit stats as such

I just want a tool to check the PA of my players and help me scout 

how will I be able to achieve that? 

Haha, when I finish it! But Android only for now and won't be free.

I think there are links to other apps on here somewhere. There's a PC one linked to somewhere in General Discussion, probably the last 3 or 4 pages. There's another android app in the download section (not AM21 which is my one, free beta last year), but I don't think that works anymore - it was for FMM21. 

I'm so sorry but I can't find the desktop app that you are talking about in generally chat can you please hmu personally or tell me where it is exactly

14 hours ago, Scratch said:

I just took a quick look at other posts in this thread and most of the info is in there somewhere, but maybe I can give you step by step instructions (though super busy at the moment, might be slow). Do you have a particular player in mind? That would make it easier to explain.

I've found out how to edit the player stats.. little by little I'm learning as it's my first time using editor. The issue is I couldn't find the passing and creativity attributes on hex.. the player in question is billy gilmour of chelsea.

On 31/08/2021 at 14:33, Scratch said:

What you have for both the first and second section matches what I have. 😄

In the second section, the 0f (11th pos after sid) is Jumping, which is half of Aerial, along with Heading (which is the one in the 10th pos).

The other thing I can point out is that immediately before the CA/PA is footedness. So he has 0f (15) for his left foot and 14 (20) for his right foot.

This is the info I'm looking for, to know the exact locations of attributes and stats.. also I want to know how to edit club finances 

12 hours ago, sahil7 said:

I'm so sorry but I can't find the desktop app that you are talking about in generally chat can you please hmu personally or tell me where it is exactly

It's mentioned here (follow down the page to find the actual link to it):

I don't know anything about that one, haven't tried it, just saw it mentioned there,

On 22/04/2022 at 04:34, Mike16 said:

I've found out how to edit the player stats.. little by little I'm learning as it's my first time using editor. The issue is I couldn't find the passing and creativity attributes on hex.. the player in question is billy gilmour of chelsea.

Okay, so you know how to find his record with the attributes and CA/PA etc? If so, then I can post most of the record structure so you can find those two things. I won't bother explaining how to find him though if you already know that. Here is his record in my save (it can be a little different in different saves)

34 27 00 00 AE CF 01 00 DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C 01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01 0C 14 7E 00 A8 00 9C 18 9C 18 7C 15 00 06 98 00 00 AA 00 41 00

It breaks down like this:

ID / Codes

First there are 2 ID codes. 34 27 00 00 is the internal save specific code you would have found from his main record (just before the long FFFF section). AE CF 01 00 is another code, no need to worry about this - though @DucAnhNguyen tells me it can be used to find the history section, but you would add one to that when searching (ie AF CF 01 00).

Attributes

Then comes the attributes: 

DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C

This is the order (but note some of these are 0-20 and some are 0-255 so you have to play around with the values and see what happens):

Crossing, Dribbling, Tackling, Shooting(Finishing), Shooting(Long Shots), Aerial(Heading), Aerial(Jumping), Passing, Decisions, Teamwork (Unselfishness), Pace, Strength, Stamina, Technique, Consistency, Aggression, Big Matches, Injury Proneness, Leadership, Versatility, Set Pieces, Penalties, Creativity, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork (Work rate), Flair, Handling, Kicking, Agility, Arial GK, Reflexes, Communication (but shown value is modified by Leadership I think), Throwing.

Positions

Then comes the player's positions (all 0-20):

01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01

This is the order:

GK, Sweeper (no longer used), DL, DC, DR, DMC, ML, MC, MR, AML, AMC, AMR, ST, DML, DMR

Feet

Then we have two 0-20 values for left foot and right foot: 0C and 14

CA / PA

Next we have CA (7E 00), followed by PA (A8 00), which are both 0-200

Reputation(s)

Then we have home reputation (9C 18), current reputation (9C 18) and world reputation (7C 15). Don't ask me the difference between home and current, I don't know!

Other Stuff

00 06 98 00 00 - The first 00 is retired from ITN (if you set it to 01), not sure what the rest is, it seems to have something to do with player shape (ie are they shaped like a defender, or a winger or Messi, etc).

Height and Weight

Yeah, both height (AA 00) and weight (41 00) are included in the save file, even though they don't appear in the game.

And that's it. Hope it helps, remember to back up your save before editing in case you kill it by accident and have fun.

Edited by Scratch
10 hours ago, Mike16 said:

This is the info I'm looking for, to know the exact locations of attributes and stats.. also I want to know how to edit club finances 

This one, I don't know, sorry. I played around with it once, but I had to use the editor to change the value and then use a diff/comparison tool to compare the saves (before edit and after edit) to work out where it was in the file. I couldn't see any way to get to that section by searching for something.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Okay, so you know how to find his record with the attributes and CA/PA etc? If so, then I can post most of the record structure so you can find those two things. I won't bother explaining how to find him though if you already know that. Here is his record in my save (it can be a little different in different saves)

34 27 00 00 AE CF 01 00 DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C 01 01 01 01 01 0E 0A 14 0C 0C 0F 0E 01 01 01 0C 14 7E 00 A8 00 9C 18 9C 18 7C 15 00 06 98 00 00 AA 00 41 00

ID / Codes

First there are 2 ID codes. 34 27 00 00 is the internal save specific code you would have found from his main record (just before the long FFFF section). AE CF 01 00 is another code, no need to worry about this.

Attributes

DF F6 F6 DF EB 06 06 1C 08 0C 0B 07 0C 10 0B 0F 0F 0C 0C 04 0D 0F 26 F5 F4 0D 08 9C A3 0C 9C 9C 9C 9C

This is the order (but note some of these are 0-20 and some are 0-255 so you have to play around with the values and see what happens):

Crossing, Dribbling, Tackling, Shooting(Finishing), Shooting(Long Shots), Aerial(Heading), Aerial(Jumping), Passing, Decisions, Teamwork (Unselfishness), Pace, Strength, Stamina, Technique, Consistency, Aggression, Big Matches, Injury Proneness, Leadership, Versatility, Set Pieces, Penalties, Creativity, Movement, Positioning, Teamwork (Work rate), Flair, Handling, Kicking, Agility, Arial GK, Reflexes, Communication (but shown value is modified by Leadership I think), Throwing.

Positions

This is the order:

GK, Sweeper (no longer used), DL, DC, DR, DMC, ML, MC, MR, AML, AMC, AMR, ST, DML, DMR

Feet

CA / PA

Reputation(s)

Then we have home reputation (9C 18), current reputation (9C 18) and world reputation (7C 15). Don't ask me the difference between home and current, I don't know!

Other Stuff

00 06 98 00 00 - The first 00 is retired from ITN (if you set it to 01), not sure what the rest is, it seems to have something to do with player shape (ie are they shaped like a defender, or a winger or Messi, etc).

Height and Weight

Yeah, both height (AA 00) and weight (41 00) are included in the save file, even though they don't appear in the game.

And that's it. Hope it helps, remember to back up your save before editing in case you kill it by accident and have fun.

How about role traits?

13 minutes ago, Zanfandi said:

How about role traits?

No idea. It's not in that section of the save file. If any knows, I'd love to learn where it's stored.

12 hours ago, Scratch said:

It's mentioned here (follow down the page to find the actual link to it):

I don't know anything about that one, haven't tried it, just saw it mentioned there,

It ain't much but it does the strict minimum, if you just want to see Current ability and Potential ability it's enough.
sent you a link to download it @sahil7
When you open the exe, it will ask you to select a save (hidden.fms or fm_save1.fms for example)
this is how it looks tP4oA9H.png

15 hours ago, Scratch said:

ID / Codes

First there are 2 ID codes. 34 27 00 00 is the internal save specific code you would have found from his main record (just before the long FFFF section). AE CF 01 00 is another code, no need to worry about this.

Attributes

Positions

This is the order:

Feet

CA / PA

Reputation(s)

Other Stuff

Height and Weight

Thank you so much for breaking it down bit by bit, your the best.

On 22/04/2022 at 12:30, Scratch said:

ID / Codes

Attributes

Positions

This is the order:

Feet

CA / PA

Reputation(s)

Other Stuff

Height and Weight

IDK which attributes are out of 0c to 14 (20 rating points.) and what is the code for 255 , also, some easy guide to locate , change nationaility of players and to change attribute of managers. I wish to prevent Germany from winning the World Cup and want to create a few talented youngsters for the future.

On 23/04/2022 at 02:23, Sumar said:

It ain't much but it does the strict minimum, if you just want to see Current ability and Potential ability it's enough.
sent you a link to download it @sahil7
When you open the exe, it will ask you to select a save (hidden.fms or fm_save1.fms for example)
this is how it looks tP4oA9H.png

Please send me the link to download it @Sumar :) 

Many thanks, bro :) 

Hi, I recently started looking into the files inside the obb and that sicomps caught my attention as I counldn't find much info about it in this forum so I will summarize what I've found after some (a lot of) digging around.

Disclaimer: I'm using FMM21 as it's the only version I've bought, but it's problably the same for 22

The sicomps folder contais the following folders and files:

• folders containing xml describing nation and competition rules - this xml files can be loaded into the FM pre game editor on pc; however, as others have described, appear to not be recognized by the game after added to the installed folder and reloading skin. This combined with this files not being present in versions prior to moving game data to the obb leads me to believe that this files aren't used by the game at all
  • comps.dbc - at first this seems to be unreadable as it's encoded but I didn't gave up so easily, I decided to try a simple rename to comps.fmf but the resource archiver didn't work, so I removed the first 8 bytes from the file (making it start with 02 01 f m f .) et voilà! it worked, and gave me a folder containing files corresponding to the xml files. This files must be read through hex editor but if you look at one side by side with the corresponding xml you'll see they describe the same thing. After fully understanding how are these files encoded I tried to customized my own but unfortunatly I couldn't get it loaded by the game, but i believe it should be possible.
  • comps.txt - contains a list of all xml files paired with a number, no idea what's the use of this file
  • folder named with database version (e.g. 2111) containing six files - fmm_cities, fmm_clusbs, ...comps, ...people, ... reserve_clubs, ...stadiums - This files are also encripted, but you can apply the same method as for comps.dbc to use the archiver on them and each one will give one file for each league you can load at the start of the game, this files containing a list of IDs that I think are used to decide wich clubs, players , etc... are loaded from the database when you create a new save. I haven't put much time into these files but if we were able to load them to the game, we would be able to do stuff like loading all players from small national teams

While looking into the save files I found that part of the save files contains a copy of the decoded comps.dbc, you can easily find it by searching "maintDdE" on an hex editor, each occurence marks the end of the rules for a competition. This means if you edit them they will alter competition rules in your save. Using this I've successfully reduced the number of rounds on the portuguese top division to one (i.e. teams only play 17 matches instead of 34). Unfortunatly this changes only take place on the next season (even if they didn't it, in this case it would mess up the save as the matches are scheduled from the creation of the save file). The reason for this is that the competition rules are copied at the beggining of the competition to the end section of the save file (the one that looks like gibberish). This section can also be decoded on the resource archiver by the method described above (except you must remove more than 8 bytes). Once again, I barely looked into the files contained in this section, but it might be worth explore.

Now, some questions:

1. Do you have any suggestions on where to place comps.dbc for it to be loaded?
  2. How does the game differentiates between november and march databases? I've noticed that the patch obb contains a lot of databases, but the files on sicomps have different database numbers, and I don't get why

Finally, feel free to ask me to further explain how I did any of the above, especially if you want me to describe how are the competition rules encoded as it took me some time to understand but I've already created a small program to put it in a semi-readable form.

20 hours ago, MrCaseiro said:

Hi, I recently started looking into the files inside the obb and that sicomps caught my attention as I counldn't find much info about it in this forum so I will summarize what I've found after some (a lot of) digging around.

Disclaimer: I'm using FMM21 as it's the only version I've bought, but it's problably the same for 22

The sicomps folder contais the following folders and files:

• folders containing xml describing nation and competition rules - this xml files can be loaded into the FM pre game editor on pc; however, as others have described, appear to not be recognized by the game after added to the installed folder and reloading skin. This combined with this files not being present in versions prior to moving game data to the obb leads me to believe that this files aren't used by the game at all
  • comps.dbc - at first this seems to be unreadable as it's encoded but I didn't gave up so easily, I decided to try a simple rename to comps.fmf but the resource archiver didn't work, so I removed the first 8 bytes from the file (making it start with 02 01 f m f .) et voilà! it worked, and gave me a folder containing files corresponding to the xml files. This files must be read through hex editor but if you look at one side by side with the corresponding xml you'll see they describe the same thing. After fully understanding how are these files encoded I tried to customized my own but unfortunatly I couldn't get it loaded by the game, but i believe it should be possible.
  • comps.txt - contains a list of all xml files paired with a number, no idea what's the use of this file
  • folder named with database version (e.g. 2111) containing six files - fmm_cities, fmm_clusbs, ...comps, ...people, ... reserve_clubs, ...stadiums - This files are also encripted, but you can apply the same method as for comps.dbc to use the archiver on them and each one will give one file for each league you can load at the start of the game, this files containing a list of IDs that I think are used to decide wich clubs, players , etc... are loaded from the database when you create a new save. I haven't put much time into these files but if we were able to load them to the game, we would be able to do stuff like loading all players from small national teams

While looking into the save files I found that part of the save files contains a copy of the decoded comps.dbc, you can easily find it by searching "maintDdE" on an hex editor, each occurence marks the end of the rules for a competition. This means if you edit them they will alter competition rules in your save. Using this I've successfully reduced the number of rounds on the portuguese top division to one (i.e. teams only play 17 matches instead of 34). Unfortunatly this changes only take place on the next season (even if they didn't it, in this case it would mess up the save as the matches are scheduled from the creation of the save file). The reason for this is that the competition rules are copied at the beggining of the competition to the end section of the save file (the one that looks like gibberish). This section can also be decoded on the resource archiver by the method described above (except you must remove more than 8 bytes). Once again, I barely looked into the files contained in this section, but it might be worth explore.

Now, some questions:

1. Do you have any suggestions on where to place comps.dbc for it to be loaded?
  2. How does the game differentiates between november and march databases? I've noticed that the patch obb contains a lot of databases, but the files on sicomps have different database numbers, and I don't get why

Finally, feel free to ask me to further explain how I did any of the above, especially if you want me to describe how are the competition rules encoded as it took me some time to understand but I've already created a small program to put it in a semi-readable form.

The changes I made to all these files were not accepted into the game, no matter how I tried (putting in folders, packing in the obb - all failed). 

4 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

The changes I made to all these files were not accepted into the game, no matter how I tried (putting in folders, packing in the obb - all failed). 

Thanks for replying, I just tried repacking the obb and it worked! Did you tried modifying the comps.dbc or the xml? I modified the comps.dbc and altered the number of rounds in a competition. While packing the obb you must tick out the compress archive setting, otherwise most in-game text will not be displayed and you wont even be able to create a save.

9 hours ago, MrCaseiro said:

Thanks for replying, I just tried repacking the obb and it worked! Did you tried modifying the comps.dbc or the xml? I modified the comps.dbc and altered the number of rounds in a competition. While packing the obb you must tick out the compress archive setting, otherwise most in-game text will not be displayed and you wont even be able to create a save.

Thanks, that's all I needed to hear - can't believe the answer was that simple. Maybe that could revolutionize competition editing in the future

4 hours ago, TanmayW said:

I'm playing fm22, recently my in-game son appeared but ain't special. Is there any way I can edit his ca/pa?

yeah, use changes.txt would be easier than hex though.

18 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

yeah, use changes.txt would be easier than hex though.

I read somewhere on this forum that changes.txt is helpful only on new saves and not existing ones.... correct me if I'm wrong

On 25/06/2022 at 03:21, TanmayW said:

I read somewhere on this forum that changes.txt is helpful only on new saves and not existing ones.... correct me if I'm wrong

It's useful in every kind of savefiles, don't worry

4 hours ago, Manv said:

Can anyone help me with finding regen players UID

Not an easy task, but possible, using the player's personal info (DOB, nation, etc).

On 17/12/2021 at 07:14, Rus7M said:

1. You need to find the nationality of the player in the scrapbooks file. I think your player is Senegalese, nation code is "24 00". This code will be preceded by the player's UID (aa 36 00 00).

2. Now find this UID in the save file. You will see that after "aa 36 00 00" will be the player's ID number.

yirscr.jpg

Could you help me identify a Regen player of mine UID?

Screenshot_20220630-140740.jpg

Screenshot_20220629-175155.jpg

On 30/06/2022 at 15:19, Eden Kante said:

Could you help me identify a Regen player of mine UID?

Screenshot_20220630-140740.jpg

Screenshot_20220629-175155.jpg

Your player is English

Search for his UID????????????????????????????????????????+nation code.

In your case  c13d0000????????????????????????????????????????8b00

On 27/06/2022 at 15:35, NguyenDucAnh said:

It's useful in every kind of savefiles, don't worry

Not an easy task, but possible, using the player's personal info (DOB, nation, etc).

I remember you did a national team save some time ago...the national team u21 had a manager.

I'm curious on how did you do it!