Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From a hardcore CM/FM fan

thatmonstak

Hello everyone! I have been on this forum for quite a bit only to scour for the many tactics being posted by the friendly members here. I only just created an account to thank the OP of one of the articles on manmarking. I have been an avid fan of the original Championship Manager series by EIDOS (Guess that gave away my age huh).

I have been increasingly frustrated with the PC version because of the increasingly difficult to use interface (I once introduced a friend to FM2019 and he was haplessly lost) and difficulty level (I took an hour to set up training, instructions, set pieces etc only to go on a losing streak to the weakest of opponents). Giving FMM a chance was the best decision because it allowed me a sweet throwback to the easy UI and yet does not take anything away from the game.

Thanks to all the actively contributing members for all your guidance! (I would always start with Chelsea because I have been a childhood CFC fan since the days of Zola)

Welcome aboard.

I was there from the start of CM. Loved going to Game to buy the England and Scotland only early versions. The joy when you could buy the Italian League expansion game was crazy.

My last full fat game was FM 13 I think. The game was far too complex for my family / work lifestyle.

I soon found FMM or FMH as it was then. It was everything I wanted much more in line with CM 99/01 and I would now put the mobile version on a par with my all time favourite 03/04.

You have made the right decision in making the leap.

Edited by billy2shots
56 minutes ago, Rich said:

Welcome mate! What a legend Zola was, so good to watch 😁

Definitely. He was the player who got me started on my journey of both watching and playing (casual) football

12 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Welcome aboard.

I was there from the start of CM. Loved going to Game to buy the England and Scotland only early versions. The joy when you could buy the Italian League expansion game was crazy.

My last full fat game was FM 13 I think. The game was far too complex for my family / work lifestyle.

I soon found FMM or FMH as it was then. It was everything I wanted much more in line with CM 99/01 and I would now put the mobile version on a par with my all time favourite 03/04.

You have made the right decision in making the leap.

I can only rue how late I was in getting onboard FMM. PC version was really too much frills for my liking. FMM allowed me to focus on what I really cared about. In fact, I would think FMM is my favourite version so far!

added 0 minutes later
36 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Welcome mate! 

Thanks mate!