Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic


Rich
 Share

Recommended Posts

So this is a bit late, but my favourite comedian died last week, Sean Lock, what a great comedian and man, RIP.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rich said:

So this is a bit late, but my favourite comedian died last week, Sean Lock, what a great comedian and man, RIP.

 

 

Ive seen him live 3 times. A brilliant comedian, superbly witty. A great loss tbh.

Edited by Woody
Link to comment
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rich said:

So this is a bit late, but my favourite comedian died last week, Sean Lock, what a great comedian and man, RIP.

 

 

Both hilarious. What a man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone play on Steam? Missus recently bought me a windows laptop so I could start playing on Steam again, been extremely bored lately with the Switch with nothing to play so found myself staring at the walls when the little man was asleep. Not got the best specs in the world, but I prefer to play older games anyway, currently playing Football Manager 2011 (yes, you read that correctly - it's my favourite one), Left 4 Dead 2 (classic and very popular on PC) and Old School Runescape. Might buy Skyrim, never played it before and because I've played Oblivion I'm swaying towards Skyrim. Talking about Oblivion that game is so big, I played over 100 hours and done 0 main quests because there is so many sides quests etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, Mikey said:

Anyone play on Steam? Missus recently bought me a windows laptop so I could start playing on Steam again, been extremely bored lately with the Switch with nothing to play so found myself staring at the walls when the little man was asleep. Not got the best specs in the world, but I prefer to play older games anyway, currently playing Football Manager 2011 (yes, you read that correctly - it's my favourite one), Left 4 Dead 2 (classic and very popular on PC) and Old School Runescape. Might buy Skyrim, never played it before and because I've played Oblivion I'm swaying towards Skyrim. Talking about Oblivion that game is so big, I played over 100 hours and done 0 main quests because there is so many sides quests etc.

I was going back and forth about getting a laptop for months myself for that exact reason to play my old FM’s. I got from 2000 up until about 2012 myself. But in the end I went for a PS5 and it came yesterday, haven’t had a chance to set it up yet! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh nice! What games you getting for it @Rich. If I could afford one I would be buying Demon Souls and Elden Ring 100%. I'll also buy the next WWE game which looks good and the Boxing game that's meant to be coming out.

Hoping the next WWE game has loads of NXT UK roster on it, on the last WWE game we only had a few of the most popular ones; Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, Mark Andrews and maybe a couple more, so instead of creating a NXT UK show I done NXT Europe, but the game was so glitchy it kept freezing and I gave up after restarting a few times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Just now, Mikey said:

Oh nice! What games you getting for it @Rich. If I could afford one I would be buying Demon Souls and Elden Ring 100%. I'll also buy the next WWE game which looks good and the Boxing game that's meant to be coming out.

Hoping the next WWE game has loads of NXT UK roster on it, on the last WWE game we only had a few of the most popular ones; Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, Mark Andrews and maybe a couple more, so instead of creating a NXT UK show I done NXT Europe, but the game was so glitchy it kept freezing and I gave up after restarting a few times. 

I’ve got fifa, UFC on the PS4 so you can carry them over to PS5 I believe and they upgrade, so I’ll be doing that for now. I will defo look in to them games, I haven’t looked enough yet, I loved ratchet and clank on PS4, so I will be getting that as well.

I used to love the wrestling games, I feel like they’ve gone worse over the years, I wish they had more options for matches and careers etc. I remember years ago, there was even a slobber knocker mode and I loved that as a kid haha. I hope you’re right with the roster, the more the better for sure! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love weird theories like this 

What if the MCU and the Tarantino universe were the same. 

His The Rock (film) is definitely a James Bond film is awesome too. Basically saying how it lines up that Bond is the person locked up in The Rock. 

Obviously a long held theory but he adds alot to it  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got some catching up to do! Forgot what it was like not to have a phone (broke previous one, drunk 🙈) was actually quite nice having a break from a phone tbh 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone here has covid? I have been double jabbed but caught it off my niece, my whole family have it, been so drained and lack of energy. Hopefully over the worst now. But makes you think, why did I bother getting the vaccine 🙈

Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rich said:

Anyone here has covid? I have been double jabbed but caught it off my niece, my whole family have it, been so drained and lack of energy. Hopefully over the worst now. But makes you think, why did I bother getting the vaccine 🙈

This is an issue that really annoys me. I only got the first jab about 6 weeks ago. Only because the missus was bugging the life out of me. I have worked since the start of the pandemic in a supermarket where germs linger in their masses! I should be at risk. I haven't had covid yet, that I know of. Thus, why I've left it so long.

My missus and I have had full blown rows about it. She is one of the deluded ones that think the vaccine is a cure and will stop me getting sick in any way if I do catch covid. The "vaccine" (ridiculously named) is not a cure. There is no cure (yet). It will limit the effects of the virus on you and potentially and hopefully limit the amount of people hospitalised. That's it. These booster jabs prove that its going to be a yearly thing from now on, just like the flu jabs that's are given out this time of year, every year.

Don't get me started on masks. People think it's to stop you catching it. IT'S NOT! It's to stop you passing it on.

Anywho. Im no expert but it sounds like your jabs did what they were supposed to, @Rich. I hope you're back to 100% soon, pal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rich said:

Anyone here has covid? I have been double jabbed but caught it off my niece, my whole family have it, been so drained and lack of energy. Hopefully over the worst now. But makes you think, why did I bother getting the vaccine 🙈

Because as Dai said you would have been even more ill and possibly ended up in hospital.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rich said:

Anyone here has covid? I have been double jabbed but caught it off my niece, my whole family have it, been so drained and lack of energy. Hopefully over the worst now. But makes you think, why did I bother getting the vaccine 🙈

No, I haven’t or ever had it to my knowledge as haven’t been tested at all yet. We both had this cold thing though that was going around a couple of weeks ago. Susan started with this cough, took the test as usual as she has to take a test a few times a week with work. It was negative but because of her symptoms she had to take the PCR one too, which also came back negative but she had to isolate anyway. They sent her home with a laptop but she told them she wouldn’t need it as she was feeling pretty rough and wouldn’t be able to work. Loads of people seemed to have this cold thing at this time up here and it was almost like hey fever tbh even though it was October. Best thing Susan took was an anti histamine. She’d wake up and be coughing like mad, take the anti histamine and it’d just go away for the full day. It would return again by the next morning, so rinse and repeat until she got totally better. I then got this cold by the end of the week but I didn’t get any of the chest stuff and only really a head cold which lasted about a week. We are both back to normal now.

So, no we haven’t had Covid but did get this cold thing and that’s the only time either of us have been ill since this whole thing started. Neither of us have been jabbed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have to catch up with everything again now, lost a phone now, think it’s time for me to hang up my drinking boots, even if it’s a wedding 🙈

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy New Years all, hope everyone has a good year. I couldn’t wait for 12 to come for bed, love Xmas not a big fan of New Years 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2022 at 01:10, Rich said:

Happy New Years all, hope everyone has a good year. I couldn’t wait for 12 to come for bed, love Xmas not a big fan of New Years 😂

Happy New Year all! I was up till 2am... had a little snooze about 10:30 but set my alarm for 11:45... then my 4yo (soooo excited) came through anyway cos an early flurry of fireworks woke her... so she was moaning at me snoring :) but eventually i got up again, and we watched the fireworks over the valley from our window, magical view, while wifey stayed downstairs comforting our new puppy... so after a while i swapped... and bless her, puppy dozed off happily in due course... to be fair, the fireworks were all done and dusted by 12:30, subdued in these subdued times? I'm sure we've had nights where it seems to have gone on until bloody 2am! Somehow our other little girl, now 20 months, slept through it all, the little loon :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had my 3rd vaccine jab yesterday and it’s hit me for 6 again, at least a day off work I guess 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rich said:

Had my 3rd vaccine jab yesterday and it’s hit me for 6 again, at least a day off work I guess 😂

Get well soon bud. I was fine after my booster.

The original 2 though....bloody migraines with both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, would just like to wish you all the best in everything you do. I can’t stick around here, I’m not going to go personal on here. I hope you’ve enjoyed me on here and would like you all to keep enjoying. I actually don’t want to leave but some things have made me think otherwise. Have fun 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...