Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic

Rich

58 minutes ago, Titjes said:

I think I'm one of the only people on the planet that likes Thor: Love & Thunder (the movie is being crushed in the reviews) 😅

You're not the only one, dude. I LOVE it. The way Thor's character has evolved in the last two films is brilliant!

I stopped listening to reviews years ago!

15 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

You're not the only one, dude. I LOVE it. The way Thor's character has evolved in the last two films is brilliant!

Please tell me that you also laughed more then you should have with those goats 🤣

46 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

The big mistake people make with Yorkshire is taking the tea bag out too early 👍 tut tut

They should teach the mantra “If you’re making a brew let it stew” in school.

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

You can add me to that list. Found it a brilliant film. Never understood the hate.

13 hours ago, Titjes said:

Same goes for me about everything Marvel & Star Wars 😄

I think I'm one of the only people on the planet that likes Thor: Love & Thunder (the movie is being crushed in the reviews) 😅

I love it too. I try to ignore the reviews now especially with the  review bombing trend thats going on.

21 hours ago, Rob said:

I love the look of that Werewolf thing

Me too mate. I hope its in black and white too like an old B-movie horror flick.

21 hours ago, Dai_ said:

If Val Kilmer isn't in Willow, I ain't watching it! I joke, I will be watching it.

The suggested lineup for the Thunderbolts movie is taking an absolute battering on social media.

Shame that but he may end up as a cameo though. Its not been said if he is or isnt.

Im looking forward to Thunderbolts tbh. Those hating the lineup is because its not the complete original one from the comics. 

Caught up on the MCU movies as I watched Multiverse Of Madness and Love and Thunder last night. 

Surprisingly I really enjoyed Dr Strange considering I really didn't like the first film, but Scarlet Witch was excellent. Not sure I'd watch it again but I enjoyed it more than I expected to. 

As for Love and Thunder......Yeah that wasn't for me 😂. I did really enjoy Bale's performance even if it was a tad Voldemort at times. Natalie Portman though.....Damn she looks good as Thor 😂😂

On 19/09/2022 at 19:48, Ashez said:

Caught up on the MCU movies as I watched Multiverse Of Madness and Love and Thunder last night. 

Surprisingly I really enjoyed Dr Strange considering I really didn't like the first film, but Scarlet Witch was excellent. Not sure I'd watch it again but I enjoyed it more than I expected to. 

As for Love and Thunder......Yeah that wasn't for me 😂. I did really enjoy Bale's performance even if it was a tad Voldemort at times. Natalie Portman though.....Damn she looks good as Thor 😂😂

Agree on Portman. 🤪

I agree on Portman too. Can’t help but wonder if my opinion of the film was quite influenced by her…

Edited by Rob
2 hours ago, Rob said:

I agree on Portman too. Can’t help but wonder if my opinion of the film was quite influenced by her…

I think so....mine may of been 🤣

Are we talking about the regular (sick) character played by Portman or the heavily CGI'ed Portman as Thor?

I prefer my woman real rather than computer generated/animated. 

6 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Are we talking about the regular (sick) character played by Portman or the heavily CGI'ed Portman as Thor?

Sure, you'd kick her out of bed because they made her a few inches taller 😂

14 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Just Natalie Portman in general mate.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

So hyped for the Deadpool news :D. 

Yep! As much as I though it HAD to happen, I never thought it would.

Just under two years to wait.... Worth it! 😄

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Yep! As much as I though it HAD to happen, I never thought it would.

Just under two years to wait.... Worth it! 😄

Yeah it was so obvious and prints money but it's not something you'd believe until it happened 😂. I think it only happens due to how close they are though. 

I might be a DC geek but Deadpool 1 is my second favourite superhero movie after The Dark Knight, I absolutely adore it. I'm not as fussed on the second in truth but Wolverine was my favourite Marvel character as a kid, as I loved the animated show (the theme in Multiverse Of Madness got a massive pop from me 😂) and for the time the X-Men movies were ace. 

Instantly my most anticipated movie now, honestly I think the only thing that could rival it would be a Affleck Batman film. I'm super intrigued by Joker 2 but I can't say I'm overly excited by it.

For what it's worth I thought The Batman was hot trash 😂

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yeah it was so obvious and prints money but it's not something you'd believe until it happened 😂. I think it only happens due to how close they are though. 

I might be a DC geek but Deadpool 1 is my second favourite superhero movie after The Dark Knight, I absolutely adore it. I'm not as fussed on the second in truth but Wolverine was my favourite Marvel character as a kid, as I loved the animated show (the theme in Multiverse Of Madness got a massive pop from me 😂) and for the time the X-Men movies were ace. 

Instantly my most anticipated movie now, honestly I think the only thing that could rival it would be a Affleck Batman film. I'm super intrigued by Joker 2 but I can't say I'm overly excited by it.

For what it's worth I thought The Batman was hot trash 😂

Looking forward to it. The news of Jackman's return is massive for the MCU.

Cant wait for Xmen 97 either!!

The rumoured Hulk Wars has me excites too as Norton and Bana could be appearing in another multiverse storyline.

Never read the comics, but thought Deadpool 1 and 2 were rubbish. Just didn’t enjoy them. I get that everyone else did, but just wasn’t for me.

22 hours ago, Rob said:

Never read the comics, but thought Deadpool 1 and 2 were rubbish. Just didn’t enjoy them. I get that everyone else did, but just wasn’t for me.

What did you think of Logan?

On 29/09/2022 at 15:31, Ashez said:

Deadpool and Logan are easily the best Marvel characters. So much Alpha between them. 

Add in comic and 90s cartoon Gambit and Rogue and they would disassemble the Avengers. 

On 29/09/2022 at 15:31, Ashez said:

Haven’t seen it. It’s on my list to watch though.

Thing is, I should love the Deadpools. The snippets and trailers etc entertain me, like the decent reveal, and RR entertains me in most things. Can’t help but wonder if I watched it again whether I’d enjoy it more cos I was probably in the ‘wrong place’ when I watched them first time. I disliked TDK the first time, yet it became one of my faves on repeat viewing, so… 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Woody said:

Ok @Ashez just watched Black Adam.

It has its flaws....defo. On the whole though, i thought it was really good.

I was actually discussing going to see it yesterday haha. I'm undecided tbf, nothing against the film but just the way DC handle them. 

The last DCU film I saw at the cinema was BvS and I hated it. However the extended home release made the film a million times better. I was intrigued by Black Adam until I heard that alot of scenes were cut and one review I saw said it feels like stuff was cut, which was my issue with the BvS cinema release. For example while the Martha stuff is still awful it makes alot more sense in the extended edition. 

Just the fact they usually end up doing a extended home release for these films makes me not want to see the lesser experience, as they seem to cut important things. I heard alot was cut in Black Adam to lower the age rating and stuff, and the directors have already said this stuff might be in the home media release 🤦‍♂️. Tbf I still have nightmares about how DC murdered Suicide Squad 1 😂

Anyway I guess my question @Woodyis do you think the flaws could have been ironed out by potential cut content? Also what was Dr Fate like? I dunno why but that's the bit I'm most excited about 😂

4 hours ago, Titjes said:

Played it a bit yes 😁

Started playing it today, have to admit really enjoyed what I've played so far. Not fussed on the Marvel aspect (admittedly it lifted one barrier of entry though) really but the cards do look really cool but I'm a sucker for game games. The 12 card deck and 6 turn matches really appeal. 

Not sure if I'll stick with it as I've only ever really played FMM, Yu-Gi-Oh and a bit of Fire Emblem mobile game wise but we'll see. 

22 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Started playing it today, have to admit really enjoyed what I've played so far. Not fussed on the Marvel aspect (admittedly it lifted one barrier of entry though) really but the cards do look really cool but I'm a sucker for game games. The 12 card deck and 6 turn matches really appeal. 

Not sure if I'll stick with it as I've only ever really played FMM, Yu-Gi-Oh and a bit of Fire Emblem mobile game wise but we'll see. 

I played a bit more, at level 103 for unlocking things 🤷😅 but alteady playing less now, I get bored to quick 😅

I've played Yu-Gi-Oh and Fire Emblem also 😁 

25 minutes ago, Titjes said:

I played a bit more, at level 103 for unlocking things 🤷😅 but alteady playing less now, I get bored to quick 😅

I've played Yu-Gi-Oh and Fire Emblem also 😁 

My collection level is 29 😂

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

What’s Marvel Snap?

Mobile card game 😁 3 zones with random bonusses/punishments where you place cards with character from marvel. Each character has a card value and power value. You must win 2 out of 3 zones to win a match 😁