Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

29 minutes ago, Sasha2 said:

Aren't serb, croat, montenegrin, bosniak, so closely related that one may refer to a singke language? it takes a lot of space in the description... I also found many strange capabilities, like chinese-speaking Danes never been to China. Not sure it affects the game, but still.

D7FEE414-2D59-48C6-AF56-E335BE800FD0.jpeg

Yeah sure, let's ignore ethnicity and culture and just put evertyone under one language 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

31 minutes ago, Resurgam said:

Nice, you know what im gonna ask right? What tactic is that? 😆

Not giving out full details yet incase I decide to use it in a challenge I'm afraid. 

It is however a 4-3-2-1 formation, and before this game I got battered by Man City 5-1 so it's not perfect yet ha. 

3 hours ago, hhooo said:

Asymms have worked well for me. I went as far as playing 'the tube' where I literally ignored the entire right side of the pitch. Much better than you would think!

In general though, you can create asymmetry and overloads often just changing the roles of your midfielders (bbm goes wider, ap will always go central, etc.) and just moving your striker over to one side. I played one with forest green for a few seasons where I used a DLF with 'plays with Back to goal' on the right CF position, and played a left sided BBM and IF who would run into the space as he held off defenders. That was a lot of fun, as an example. 

I see - thanks for the info. I think I'll give asymmetric formations a try, in that case.

2 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

902429318_Screenshot_20201126-201201_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.b267ea2d0c787acd6308300eee22829a.jpg

Who said FMM wasn't realistic.... 

Villa scoring 7 goals is giving me a sense of PTSD as a Liverpool fan... 😉

15 hours ago, Ashez said:

I dunno how people play that LFC front three challenge, on two saves today and any save last year I just couldn't keep the three of them fit! Last year I binned so many attempts 😂

I set Training intensity to low for the 3 lads and they had a few minor injuries, but not too many. 

10 hours ago, Sasha2 said:

Aren't serb, croat, montenegrin, bosniak, so closely related that one may refer to a singke language? it takes a lot of space in the description... I also found many strange capabilities, like chinese-speaking Danes never been to China. Not sure it affects the game, but still.

D7FEE414-2D59-48C6-AF56-E335BE800FD0.jpeg

It effects the game as seen screenshots of players not wanting to learn a new language and if it’s league your team is in could be a problem keeping him if always a negative for morale. I’m ok if they just added languages as extra detail I just don’t like how they can effect club /player morale and many aren’t realistic .. 

Is it just happening to me that got conceded from individual mistakes is now more often? Had a match where i lost by 2 goals both because of stupid back pass from my defenders

3 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I'm working on creating a challenge, based on the discussions around banning headers. 

If I'm going to impose an upper limit on the aerial stat across an entire team, what would be a good number to cap it at? I'm thinking 9 would still be a little high, since I want this to get people thinking a bit harder than hazard/mbappe/etc. Would 5 be too crazy? 

I would say it needs to be as low as possible but it depends how many players have heading well below 10. About an upper limit of 6 or 7 would probably be about right I suspect.

On 26/11/2020 at 15:53, RichD said:

Usually the only way I’ve dealt with this in the past is honestly just wait and keep going to over him a contract every week, there demands have lowered for me in the past and they sign😁

Unfortunately I had to sell VVD to PSG in January for only £58m to avoid losing him on a free 😢 although your advice worked for some of my other players so thanks! 

Does anyone knows what the red relationship means? It showed up out of the blue after one game. The fact that there was no yellow or green relationship on the field before that it makes me think in not OK. On personal screen on both players is nothing. On the relationships page this is on positive. 

Screenshot_20201128_011329_com.sega.score~2.jpg

9 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Does anyone knows what the red relationship means? It showed up out of the blue after one game. The fact that there was no yellow or green relationship on the field before that it makes me think in not OK. On personal screen on both players is nothing. On the relationships page this is on positive. 

Screenshot_20201128_011329_com.sega.score~2.jpg

My guess would be, one has slept with the others wife....

Other than that it looks like they aren’t compatible or don’t enjoy playing together.

5 minutes ago, RichD said:

My guess would be, one has slept with the others wife....

Other than that it looks like they aren’t compatible or don’t enjoy playing together.

They are 17-18 yo so maybe they had a fight over a chick! Or one had a better grade at school and refused to hand over the homework 😂

They both have a positive relationship so... It's weird. 

Edit, the icon/button of the relationships (left bottom corner) implies that there are 4 colors of relationships: red, green, yellow and orange... And orange and red are facing and yellow and green are facing, hope that red and orange is not bad, I hope! 

Edited by George Traistă
4 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

They are 17-18 yo so maybe they had a fight over a chick! Or one had a better grade at school and refused to hand over the homework 😂

Edit, the icon/button of the relationships (left bottom corner) implies that there are 4 colors of relationships: red, green, yellow and orange... And orange and red are facing and yellow and green are facing, hope that red and orange is not bad, I hope! 

My guess would be it’s the early stage of there relationship building so it will get gradually more green as there relationship builds.

9 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

My guess would be it’s the early stage of there relationship building so it will get gradually more green as there relationship builds.

Hope so. I've played almost 3 seasons so far in FMM21 and is the first relationship on the pitch that is not yellow or green. 

Not sure this has ever been confirmed before, but from @Marc Vaughan over on the SI Games forum when asked "what drives the accuracy of their scout report? The badge or aptitude?":

The badge - aptitude is how much potential someone has in their role (ie. its how likely they can grow to Gold rated).

So I guess that applies to coaches as well. Seems to be that Aptitude is just about getting to the next level and that someone with Poor Aptitude and a Gold badge will be just as good as someone with Natural Aptitude and a Gold badge. And if so, that means that the hidden CA / PA values assigned to staff are not used. I'm still guessing obviously, but that's what I'm taking away from what he said.

Edited by Scratch
4 hours ago, George Traistă said:

Also from Marc over on the SI Game forums:

You might find turning on the 'relationships' (bottom left on the pitch) helps you ascertain where players aren't playing well together.

It shows lines between players who do well or badly when paired up - this doesn't 'affect' their performance (ie. its just revealing what is happening and doesn't affect how they behave) ... red lines indicate they don't do well together, green mean they do.

Then down further he goes on to say:

The lines shown on the tactics pitch (on pitch relationships) shows where players have played well together in matches previously. It is an informational thing not the cause of them not playing well together.

So it might be that your left back dislikes your left winger and so doesn't pass to him as much, hence he gets a red line because both of them under-perform when paired together ... it might be that your DC is perfectly competent but you're encouraging the goalie to roll the ball out to him and he has 1 for passing and dribbling, hence he has a poor pairing rating with the keeper.

(hopefully that explains things - its intended to make it easier to see where players are/aren't working well together rather than the lines themselves being the cause of that ... hence you might find that tweaking tactics or something else can fix things rather than them just being totally incompatible ... if that makes sense?)

Edited by Scratch
10 minutes ago, Scratch said:

You might find turning on the 'relationships' (bottom left on the pitch) helps you ascertain where players aren't playing well together.

It shows lines between players who do well or badly when paired up - this doesn't 'affect' their performance (ie. its just revealing what is happening and doesn't affect how they behave) ... red lines indicate they don't do well together, green mean they do.

The lines shown on the tactics pitch (on pitch relationships) shows where players have played well together in matches previously. It is an informational thing not the cause of them not playing well together.

So it might be that your left back dislikes your left winger and so doesn't pass to him as much, hence he gets a red line because both of them under-perform when paired together ... it might be that your DC is perfectly competent but you're encouraging the goalie to roll the ball out to him and he has 1 for passing and dribbling, hence he has a poor pairing rating with the keeper.

(hopefully that explains things - its intended to make it easier to see where players are/aren't working well together rather than the lines themselves being the cause of that ... hence you might find that tweaking tactics or something else can fix things rather than them just being totally incompatible ... if that makes sense?)

Great to know that. I’ve had Johnston and Jesus on red before which might explain why they have it despite liking each other.

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Thanks. I'm not happy about it but at least now I know what's what! 

4 hours ago, hhooo said:

That's really interesting, and maybe not a great explanation. So the off field relationships are what dictate the performances, but usually the players develop green lines when their off field relationship increases? So I think the green/yellow /red lines are just a visual representation of players that play well together because they like each other and are comfortable together on the pitch. 

Yeah, I had to read it a few times. I think it works out like this:

• If they have a red line, the red line itself doesn't change how they play in future. They might not necessarily play poorly together in future, it's just showing that was the case in the past.
  • That said, the cause of the red line might still exist and might mean they don't play well together in future (unless you fix it maybe?).
  • The cause of the red line could be the two players don't like each other, or it could be your tactics, or maybe something else. 

And then it's the same for greens (literally I copied and pasted this and swapped a few words):

• If they have a green line, the green line itself doesn't change how they play in future. They might not necessarily play well together in future, it's just showing that was the case in the past.
  • That said, the cause of the green line hopefully still exists and might mean they DO play well together in future.
  • The cause of the green line could be the two players DO like each other, or it could be your tactics are great and they are combining well, or maybe something else. 

At least that how I read it.

And I'm actually pretty excited about it, because it you have two players that don't dislike each other and they have a red line, that might mean that your tactic isn't working well in that area. I don't think we've ever had that feedback before (maybe hints in the post game review). That gives you a chance to fix and try something different in your tactic.

As for fixing it if they dislike each other, I seem to remember a button for Relationships in the new talk to player screen. Not sure if that is only for the relationship between the player and the manager or whether you can tell them to grow up and sort out the problem with another player, but hopefully there is an option there to at least try fixing it. I have to wait until that button becomes active for one of my players, but if anyone else has tried it, I'd love some info!

Ok, so I finished the second season of Prison Break last night. I've put my thoughts on it, in a spoiler in case people still want to watch it.

Spoiler

What a rollercoaster of a season. So many ups and downs. Another very enjoyable season I have to admit, lots of suspense, same as first season. But, maybe I'm being critical here but I found it a little far-fetched in cases.

What I mean is, how were they able to walk in public and not be noticed and when they were noticed they were able to escape everytime. Other than Tweener and T-Bag, no one tried to change their appearance, fair enough Michael and Lincoln have short hair but I would be wearing a hat in that case. Other parts I found a little far-fetched was when Sara(h) came to Panama after her trial and was right at the boat. Again, maybe I'm being too critical as it's a TV show but I found it very unrealistic, but then it's a show called prison break haha.

Looking forward to season 3 now with Michael being in Sona. 

Hey @RichD my bad, I was trying to work out how to use a spoiler so wrote that message and you replied before I could edit it. 😂

Edited by Mikey
25 minutes ago, Scratch said:

As for fixing it if they dislike each other, I seem to remember a button for Relationships in the new talk to player screen. Not sure if that is only for the relationship between the player and the manager or whether you can tell them to grow up and sort out the problem with another player, but hopefully there is an option there to at least try fixing it. I have to wait until that button becomes active for one of my players, but if anyone else has tried it, I'd love some info!

I had a player that I could have a relationship chat with, but the player they had a beef with was out on loan.

I think it was Mason Mount and Billy Gilmore.

When can we expect the graphics for fm 21 mobile ? Like face, kits and logos.

Please response and
Thank you very much for your work!

regards,

celo