Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Tbh the fact FMM21 has full attendance for every match has completely ruined the realism for me. It takes me out of the action and event. This stadiums should be empty to reflect real life like every other aspect of the game, it's an embarrassing oversight by the developers and is simply unacceptable when they strive for realism. 

I hadn't even noticed that tbh. 

If the full attendances is one of only a few little bad points I think in the whole scheme of things, SI have done rather well to get the game out with the new features with not alot of negative aspects. 

1 hour ago, RichD said:

Funny you mention that, when starting this Tottenham save and seeing there stadium was full first season, I did think to myself it should have been empty, surely they could have done that for at least the first season.

53 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

I hadn't even noticed that tbh. 

If the full attendances is one of only a few little bad points I think in the whole scheme of things, SI have done rather well to get the game out with the new features with not alot of negative aspects. 

Haha, I was taking the piss lads 😂

My point is the realism argument is absolute nonsense as SI use selective realism. Anyone who says "this is like this due to realism" or "this needs to be changed to be more realistic" are chatting nonsense. 

First and foremost FMM is a game and should be treated like a game and should be fun first, not realistic. SI hide behind realism when it suits like when they implemented that horrendous fitness stuff the other year, yet when something as simple as changing attendances to zero is needed to echo real life they don't bother. It's selective realism. "We've added relationships to be realistic"....Pull the other one.  

This isn't a small thing to ignore either though as "we are lead to believe" that in game the attendance and playing home/away has an impact, then you have the financial implications as we know attendences lead to income in game. That first season should be unlike anyother, until January at the least. A realism inclusion that should of had an in game consequence. We're bombarded with Brexit emails all the time, why not at the start of the game have a "no crowd" message then around January have a "crowds are allowed" message which could have been edited in the March update to closer implement how real life went. Then obviously I've seen no sign of players being unavailable due to Vivid (iirc colds were or have been issues in the past?). 

Don't get me wrong I don't care that this was overlooked but it does make me smile whenever my eyes catch the attendance figures. 

Selective realism and not total realism is FMM  

I don’t know why they’ve decided to go with the same fixture schedule. I mean I understand it but they’ve ignored certain aspects of the virus so can’t help but think maybe they could have ignored this and gone with a more normal schedule.

Managing Spurs now and have completed a full season and the fixtures just pile up with being in the Europa. I did enjoy it as an experience but not sure it’ll be a lasting thing when it comes to shorter challenges.

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

I don’t know why they’ve decided to go with the same fixture schedule. I mean I understand it but they’ve ignored certain aspects of the virus so can’t help but think maybe they could have ignored this and gone with a more normal schedule.

Managing Spurs now and have completed a full season and the fixtures just pile up with being in the Europa. I did enjoy it as an experience but not sure it’ll be a lasting thing when it comes to shorter challenges.

Agreed, the fixture pile up is rough at best, if you make it to the FA Cup final, you play a league game on 11th, the FA Cup final on the 13th and another league game on the 15th 🤦‍♂️ a lot of tired legs regardless of squad rotation or not this is preety steep. 

2 minutes ago, tomas8517 said:

just 5 days into the game I've been sacked by Aston villa and Sunderland....around 10-15 games...so we can't manage lower league anymore?

I don’t see any problem? It’s not much harder than last edition 

2 minutes ago, tomas8517 said:

just 5 days into the game I've been sacked by Aston villa and Sunderland....around 10-15 games...so we can't manage lower league anymore?

That's a bit far fetched, you could be making fundamental mistakes, upload your tactics etc. and we may be able to help

12 minutes ago, tomas8517 said:

Aston Villa is lower league!? 😮

The game is pretty much the one from last year so maybe you should review your tactics, squad depth and how you make transfers. 

5 hours ago, Ian said:

That's the perfect example of SI cherry picking their selective realism. They looked at the current state of Covid football and picked aspects instead of doing the works. 

Thankfully they've finally fixed one of the biggest flaws in the realism argument by giving us set piece options. I'm debating writing a piece on that as while it's currently abusable and OP it's a fantastic bit of kit, it just needed a little more spice imo. I think it has another level it could reach to enhance the game, the feature and the community. 

Saying that has anyone paid attention to how the AI use set pieces? Is each team unique or is it essentially an option just for us? It's kinda hard to tell in fairness. 

4 minutes ago, Paulinho_1998 said:

I moved all of my transfer budget into my wage budget to offer a bumper new contract but I can’t move it back. 
Anyone know why this might be? 
A8511C54-94E8-498F-B6F3-24302999AB7F.thumb.png.1a0ae42da5fcbfe4b7af14e324816805.png

Maybe your wage budget is 3.6M and the total wages sum up to something closer to that?

6 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Maybe your wage budget is 3.6M and the total wages sum up to something closer to that?

Nah that’s not it, as I was able to adjust it to £3.6m from around £2.1m:

2D827CBA-4673-40E2-857E-9E1C8B04DC27.thumb.png.4209511b0233ccbc1309ec791c93d4ae.png
Thanks for the suggestion anyway though.

Edited by Paulinho_1998

Gentlemen, I have a question. You also think FMM21 is easy? I have been playing the mobile version for many years ... I managed to successfully complete the 1k goal challenge three times. And now, who I don't put in the attack, I get about 100 goals a season. Whether it's Icardi, whether it's Haaland or Salah.

Screenshot_20201129_212337_com.sega.score.jpg

Just now, vaxikpl said:

Gentlemen, I have a question. You also think FMM21 is easy? I have been playing the mobile version for many years ... I managed to successfully complete the 1k goal challenge three times. And now, who I don't put in the attack, I get about 100 goals a season. Whether it's Icardi, whether it's Haaland or Salah.

Jesus... Håland always scores a ton for me too but 116 goals is next level! 

2 minutes ago, vaxikpl said:

116 goals!? Dam!!!

FMM is easy and hard, you decide.

3 minutes ago, Paulinho_1998 said:

Jesus... Håland always scores a ton for me too but 116 goals is next level! 

TAA last season 53 assist, now 51

i broke the game 😂

24 minutes ago, vaxikpl said:

i broke the game 😂

Any chance they’re all from near post corner deliveries? This was the case in FMM20 too! 😂

34 minutes ago, vaxikpl said:

Managing a huge club with world class players from the start and then signing a load of wonderkids is always going to make the game easy.

36 minutes ago, vaxikpl said:

Nothing wrong with going bigger clubs and spending the money on players, but then to say it’s too easy is a bit much, it can only be expected when you start a career with Liverpool. There’s plenty of ways to make FMM harder.

1 hour ago, Paulinho_1998 said:

Probably a bug, since I don’t remember encountering this in previous editions of the game.

I've seen it before, i always make sure to avoid reducing the transfer budget to zero, just in case. Don't know what the exact problem is but sometimes it seems to get stuck...

19 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I've seen it before, i always make sure to avoid reducing the transfer budget to zero, just in case. Don't know what the exact problem is but sometimes it seems to get stuck...

Fair enough - I had this problem in my first FMM21 save too but thought it was just a one-off. I'll try and avoid reducing it to zero in future though - thanks for the heads up. 

2 hours ago, RichD said:

I always put my transfer budget to zero, I’ve always done it, it’s a bit of a habit now, luckily for me though, it’s never happened to myself. Hopefully it fixes it self @Paulinho_1998

Hmm that's strange, as it's happened to me twice already. 

It fixed itself after I sold a player but looked like it was gonna be stuck otherwise. 

6 hours ago, vaxikpl said:

i broke the game 😂

I got Vignato to 99 assists last season - did an assists 1KC with him  😄

I'm sure it will be overtaken by someone this season though with the set pieces thing. 

7 hours ago, vaxikpl said:

The set-piece exploit?