Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

1 minute ago, George Traistă said:

I just saw that now you can set up how the defenders can make the marking, zonal or man. 

Same goes for central midfielders as well😁

1 hour ago, DIRECTFX said:

Anyone else find players that are free agents but shouldn’t be ?? 
First one Konrad should be at Barcelona not free agent . 
D43BA1AC-6021-4914-BE5E-FE3E0BF027A9.thumb.png.b4a62881a1a35503bf44bdad4decb24f.png

Which leagues do you have loaded? 

I noticed a weird thing in FMM20 a few weeks ago. I loaded Scotland only and found a bunch of top top quality youngsters were free agents instead of at their real clubs. I worked out that they should all be in the reserve teams or B teams in other countries. I asume that because I only had Scotland loaded, those teams didn't exist or didn't have real players, but the players were famous enough to be in the game - but their team wasn't.

I'm guessing it's the same thing here and if you load Spain as well, he'll be in Barca's B team. 

Edited by Scratch

I’m getting butchered in very high scoring games. I remembering that this was a problem with FMM 2020 at the start also? AI scoring with almost every shot on target. I’m Or maybe it’s that I’m managing in English Conference 😂 I’m hoping that difficulty have been increased even slightly and taking over new club and renewed tactics are causing my bad run with relegation contenders (Mighty Kings Lynn Town). 5 games - 5 losses with 11 - 18 Goal difference. Not something that I’ve endured previously!

So far looks good with great additional features. Database seems larger and there are a lot of smaller additions to game. Zonal/Man marketing is great to have.

30 minutes ago, RichD said:

Same goes for central midfielders as well😁

CM and BWM only. AP, DLP, BBM and RP don't have it. And you have an icon to show where is man marking, nice

Edited by George Traistă
13 minutes ago, Random_Bloke said:

I’m getting butchered in very high scoring games. I remembering that this was a problem with FMM 2020 at the start also? AI scoring with almost every shot on target. I’m Or maybe it’s that I’m managing in English Conference 😂 I’m hoping that difficulty have been increased even slightly and taking over new club and renewed tactics are causing my bad run with relegation contenders (Mighty Kings Lynn Town). 5 games - 5 losses with 11 - 18 Goal difference. Not something that I’ve endured previously!

So far looks good with great additional features. Database seems larger and there are a lot of smaller additions to game. Zonal/Man marketing is great to have.

Same is happening with me, seems like every shot on target against me is going in at the moment 🤣

14 minutes ago, RichD said:

Same is happening with me, seems like every shot on target against me is going in at the moment 🤣

I'm the only one who played over 2 hours now and 0 games played?

As last year, struggling with wich 4 countries to load. 

Provided I always load Italy (die-hard Cagliari fan):

+Russia to get enough Russian and Ukrainian players 

+one of the British isles (not England, too many useless players) to get enough Northern Irish, Scottish, Irish and Welsh players

+China/South Korea/Australia to get Asian players, especially Koreans, Uzbeks, Qataris, Saudis, Iranians, Japanese (this year the Australian dataset got rid of hundreds of useless players, nice)

+Mexico/Argentina/USA to get Bolivian, Costa Rician, Peruvian... players [Argentina's dataset is way too large]

+Denmark or Poland to get more Scandinavian or Czech, Slovak, Baltic players.

And that makes six slots... Taking me to spend hours trying to figure out the best combination 🤯 (and I don't get the fun in struggling with 20 000+ players, o/w 10 thousands useless)

Maybe next year SI will let us pick the database extent, with different thresholds (based on PA, CA, reputation?)

[enough complaining for now, time to play 😉 ]

Edited by Sasha2
2 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

I'm the only one who played over 2 hours now and 0 games played?

Quite possibly mate, I like to get the games in, I watching extended highlights though to try and get my tactics right really enjoying it.

One thing that I’m really liking is that I’ve scored 3 from corners and it feels like it’s down to me 😎🤣

23 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

CM and BWM only. AP, DLP, BBM and RP don't have it. And you have an icon to show where is man marking, nice

WM, DW and all full back roles got it too

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

How's the game handled Covid? Is it a later start and all that? Anyone holidayed ahead to see what S2 etc is like? 

Yeah later start, friendlies start in August, games come thick and fast, so a strong squad for first season especially could be very important.

Hi guys wanted to know your thoughts on the new tactics feature (tiki taka, gegenpress options etc.)

I was sceptical when I saw it but was still let down after seeing it was just an additional screen for what we could already do with our team's attack defence and shape unfortunately.

Just now, HM786 said:

Hi guys wanted to know your thoughts on the new tactics feature (tiki taka, gegenpress options etc.)

I was sceptical when I saw it but was still let down after seeing it was just an additional screen for what we could already do with our team's attack defence and shape unfortunately.

That's basically what we predicted it would be. What else could it be? If they were new settings we didn't have access to in "create a tactic mode" we'd moan we didn't have the tools etc. 

Just now, HM786 said:

Didn't use it, the tactics is the same. That screen is just some predefined tactics

42 minutes ago, HM786 said:

At first I tried these ready-made tactics, but my assistant kept choosing my formation and players. This would be decent if the formation would suite my playing staff. This meant that players were played outside their natural (or even competent) positions. Managing in Conference National so squad is relatively small though. Will try with better squads later.

1 hour ago, RichD said:

Hopefully this is just a coincidence! My first 5 games followed similar pattern: Concede 1-3 goals in first 20 minutes. In second half scoring 2-3 in short period time (AI tactics changed to defensive perharps) and ended up losing with 2-4, 3-4 etc. Opposition scoring loads of goals from nearly every shot at the start and final 30min crazy comeback coming up just short. 

Edited by Random_Bloke

Hello! I'm new to FMM but a veteran in FM pc version. Life has caught up to me and there's no time to play on the pc anymore so this year is going to be my first year of FMM. Just wanna say hi!

Early as it is and ive not really done any testing of note but i'm really liking the Roaming Playmaker roll. I have mine sitting in a midfield 2 and is playing very well.

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

Early as it is and ive not really done any testing of note but i'm really liking the Roaming Playmaker roll. I have mine sitting in a midfield 2 and is playing very well.

Same here my strikers been scoring for fun. I pair him with a BBM. I also like the new inverted winger role

For me it is the best update we have had in quite a while. Whilst it may prove to be glitchy (someone is going to figure out how to score from every corner, for example) it’s great that they have put the effort in to improve it as opposed to shaking things about and hoping it looks different.

Inverted wide midfielders is a lovely addition too.

Love the new relationships your players build up during the season, the more you play the better understanding they have it seems and it’s showing in my performances atm.