Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

10 hours ago, broodje kip said:

It was deleted because Nguyen asked for it. He had his own personal reason.

Some people are being unbearable, that was the personal reason. If one stayed long enough before that article's deletion, they'll know why.

But aside from that, I was actually trying to create a new one a few days ago, but sadly don't really know where to start. Considering what happened last time, I don't know if I should begin with explaining fundamental stuff first (like Little Endian, person's specific data entries, etc.) or just go with the usual post-by-post help with a a specific goal in mind (like managing national team, change stadium, etc.).

Database and savefiles editing this year was not easy, but there were some good stuff I found (with some help from @Scratch), like loan manipulation, history editing, etc. Too bad I didn't have that much time and passion to write all that down, but I'm still willing to help people (providing that they are reasonable).

20 hours ago, Gerrit87 said:

But if i play with 2 strikers i got to drop mikey and your love is over quickly😋😂

Haha 😂😂

He’s very versatile. I often got him to end up as backup to my left wing or playmaker. Sometimes I use him as backup to my striker.

Is there any way around it when a player won't sign a new deal? I've got Ajer in my 1KC save, in January of his last year. He refuses to sign a contract, although in the 'talk to player about wanting to leave' he said he had a change of heart and happy to stay at the club.

Going to lose him on a free in a few months if he doesnt sign sadly. 

5 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Is there any way around it when a player won't sign a new deal? I've got Ajer in my 1KC save, in January of his last year. He refuses to sign a contract, although in the 'talk to player about wanting to leave' he said he had a change of heart and happy to stay at the club.

Going to lose him on a free in a few months if he doesnt sign sadly. 

Just got to wait and hope he comes to you and requests a contact unfortunately, it does happen though, so fingers crossed for you.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Just got to wait and hope he comes to you and requests a contact unfortunately, it does happen though, so fingers crossed for you.

To be fair, ive got players who are just as good, if not better than him. He is just one of two original Celtic players still in squad. Would of liked to have kept him for the duration of this challenge if it was possible ha. 

19 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Some people are being unbearable, that was the personal reason. If one stayed long enough before that article's deletion, they'll know why.

But aside from that, I was actually trying to create a new one a few days ago, but sadly don't really know where to start. Considering what happened last time, I don't know if I should begin with explaining fundamental stuff first (like Little Endian, person's specific data entries, etc.) or just go with the usual post-by-post help with a a specific goal in mind (like managing national team, change stadium, etc.).

Database and savefiles editing this year was not easy, but there were some good stuff I found (with some help from @Scratch), like loan manipulation, history editing, etc. Too bad I didn't have that much time and passion to write all that down, but I'm still willing to help people (providing that they are reasonable).

Hey, I would love to help out in compiling all the information. And I totally get your frustration with all the lazy questions spawned from the thread. I think that's why reddit would be perfect so all those stupid questions could get downvoted or removed. 

42 minutes ago, EV4RIA said:

Hey, I would love to help out in compiling all the information. And I totally get your frustration with all the lazy questions spawned from the thread. I think that's why reddit would be perfect so all those stupid questions could get downvoted or removed. 

Yeah, I attempted to move there one, but my stuff didn't seem to garnered much attention from it. Maybe it was because I didn't put the download link?

Gotta agree, I got really tired of that kind of questions. Or receiving unreasonable requests, one after another. I've just got one a few minutes ago actually, apparently someone hasn't read my retirement message.

Anyways, I'd love to have some help making an article, since I couldn't do much by myself at this point. But the information I have gathered so far were in a huge mess, I think I'd need to sort them out in order first. In my last comment, which approach do you think will serves better for the article? Basic info for beginners first, or just go straight to the tutorials like last time?

17 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Basic info for beginners first, or just go straight to the tutorials like last time?

When I first got into modding Skyrim for example, I would follow step by step instructions like one of those Skyrim STEP Projects. So for me personally as an idiot lol who wanted to do something I shouldn't, I would prefer an idiot proof instructions..

It's like whenever I feel like helping people with techie/pc stuff, I would always assume people as a bunch of idiots that can't understand simple instructions and would present to them how to do stuff in a way that nobody will ever ask me later "Instructions unclear, need help blablabla.."

And believe me, they still gonna get stuck somewhere and ask something even though clear answers are available in whatever long ass guide you just wrote. That's one thing I learned from the modding scene, people just don't read, even when clear instructions were given.

So, you can divide whatever you wanted to present into a beginner/advanced level, but a bunch of people will still come up with questions, never ending questions..

It's all on you dude, help those people wherever you can or ignore them and say silently to yourself "Fuck off, you're on your own.." And that's what most people would do lol.

Edited by Jjeffriz
10 hours ago, SK15Kev said:

Is this data on this site relevant at all for the mobile version - just happened to stumble across it?  Even if not directly the same, assume it may be a good indicator.

https://fmdataba.com/

18 minutes ago, Jjeffriz said:

When I first got into modding Skyrim for example, I would follow step by step instructions like one of those Skyrim STEP Projects. So for me personally as an idiot lol who wanted to do something I shouldn't, I would prefer an idiot proof instructions..

It's like whenever I feel like helping people with techie/pc stuff, I would always assume people as a bunch of idiots that can't understand simple instructions and would present to them how to do stuff in a way that nobody will ever ask me later "Instructions unclear, need help blablabla.."

And believe me, they still gonna get stuck somewhere and ask something even though clear answers are available in whatever long ass guide you just wrote. That's one thing I learned from the modding scene, people just don't read, even when clear instructions were given.

So, you can divide whatever you wanted to present into a beginner/advanced level, but a bunch of people will still come up with questions, never ending questions..

It's all on you dude, help those people wherever you can or ignore them and say silently to yourself "Fuck off, you're on your own.." And that's what most people would do lol.

It is, since the data on PC and Mobile are pretty much the same. The only difference is that some young players had their potential boosted in some savefiles, making their PA higher than the normal values. Another site to consider is sortitoutsi.net - that used to be my go-to site for me when I want to do my usual experiments, but they screwed up badly after the site update. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" - they should have thought of that.

And yeah, gotta admit, even in the most well-written tutorials I found on the net, there will always be idiots who somehow screwed up, or ones whose reading skills are questionable. Oh well, I guess I'll try the terminology explaining first in the upcoming tutorials then. It may sounded boring, but that is what people need if they want to start. 

11 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

And yeah, gotta admit, even in the most well-written tutorials I found on the net, there will always be idiots who somehow screwed up, or ones whose reading skills are questionable. Oh well, I guess I'll try the terminology explaining first in the upcoming tutorials then. It may sounded boring, but that is what people need if they want to start. 

I know how you feel.. Like you're responsible to whatever someone else did when they opened their Pandora's box, since you're the one giving away the keys haha.

And from what I've read, I believe you've done your best in explaining things. So don't fret and get yourself frustrated with never ending questions/request. It's one of the challenges of imparting any form of knowledge..

19 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Yeah, I attempted to move there one, but my stuff didn't seem to garnered much attention from it. Maybe it was because I didn't put the download link?

Gotta agree, I got really tired of that kind of questions. Or receiving unreasonable requests, one after another. I've just got one a few minutes ago actually, apparently someone hasn't read my retirement message.

Anyways, I'd love to have some help making an article, since I couldn't do much by myself at this point. But the information I have gathered so far were in a huge mess, I think I'd need to sort them out in order first. In my last comment, which approach do you think will serves better for the article? Basic info for beginners first, or just go straight to the tutorials like last time?

I think basic info will surely help — it personally helped me when I first start a long time ago. But having it brief, and cutting straight into the meat would probably be the best bet. 

Also, I’ll message you in a week once I am done with my exams. We could work out the details with reddit and everything. I think it would be a really cool project!

1 hour ago, EV4RIA said:

I think basic info will surely help — it personally helped me when I first start a long time ago. But having it brief, and cutting straight into the meat would probably be the best bet. 

Also, I’ll message you in a week once I am done with my exams. We could work out the details with reddit and everything. I think it would be a really cool project!

Thanks, I appreciate the support. But can you put the messaging thing past 2 weeks? I'd probably have another treatment soon, which probably lasted for a week or two. I'm curious about the project you said though, looking forward to it!

2 hours ago, Jjeffriz said:

I know how you feel.. Like you're responsible to whatever someone else did when they opened their Pandora's box, since you're the one giving away the keys haha.

And from what I've read, I believe you've done your best in explaining things. So don't fret and get yourself frustrated with never ending questions/request. It's one of the challenges of imparting any form of knowledge..

Thanks. It's said really, since if I remembered correctly, I did warn people to back up their stuff before doing anything, yet they ignored that and blamed me for their mistakes. People can be annoying like thay, but thankfully not all of them... 

Hopefully in the next tutorial I'd write, people would actually read the terminology posts before attempting anything. That would aace a lot of time for both parties.

My reserve GK, was actually my best set piece taker.  With last game of the season and title in the bag I let him take them all and right enough an excellent assist from a corner.
7 crosses attempted, two completed and 1 assist.

Spoiler

1840755935_GKCorner.thumb.PNG.02b5d11a45b75bd1754317250f37e739.PNG188502481_GKAssist.thumb.PNG.4a1eb689bc61ad77774b8a91bfd46964.PNG

Not sure if this is the best thread, but didn't want to create one on its own. 

But today is a sad day for the UK, with news coming from Buckingham Palace. 

RIP Prince Philip. 

_86739094_splash_c1_b.thumb.jpg.a4e134da4be08198c029e7c28ed35f93.jpg

Prince Philips dies aged 99

Despite sometimes 'questionable' views and comments, definitely lost a vital member of the UK Royal Family, and got to remember that the Queen has ultimately lost her Husband. 

14 minutes ago, SK15Kev said:

My reserve GK, was actually my best set piece taker.  With last game of the season and title in the bag I let him take them all and right enough an excellent assist from a corner.
7 crosses attempted, two completed and 1 assist.

Hide contents

1840755935_GKCorner.thumb.PNG.02b5d11a45b75bd1754317250f37e739.PNG188502481_GKAssist.thumb.PNG.4a1eb689bc61ad77774b8a91bfd46964.PNG

Is that Vanja Milinkovic Savic? You should make him your main free kick taker, he's a legend. I managed to get him to 400 goals last year. 😁

Has anyone who's trying to do a 1k or whatever managed to keep their tactics working after the last update?

My solo striker tactic seems to be fitting at about half power.

It's really bugging me as I know the players can score more it just seems to do well for a few games, then just feel like its falling apart.

44 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

Is that Vanja Milinkovic Savic? You should make him your main free kick taker, he's a legend. I managed to get him to 400 goals last year. 😁

Yes - I actually signed him to try and get his brother to join, but that didn't work.  They obviously don't get on.
Will see if I can get him again on another career.

1 hour ago, geordiekrispy said:

Has anyone who's trying to do a 1k or whatever managed to keep their tactics working after the last update?

It's really bugging me as I know the players can score more it just seems to do well for a few games, then just feel like its falling apart.

I did see a bit of a drop off, and you are describing exactly what is happening with my career. He will score for 3-4 games, then not score for a few games. I have messed around with it a lot and not much really changed. some of the changes seemed to have worked, but the pre update tactic doesn't seem to be as effective.

2 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Im actually going through this right now. 

Ive had the same tactic for the whole game now, with minor tweaks here and there. Currently in season 6. By January, i would of liked Jorge to have 50+ goals, but only currently on just below 40. I havn't changed anything this season, might starting to think I might have too .

9 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Ive had the same tactic for the whole game now, with minor tweaks here and there. Currently in season 6. By January, i would of liked Jorge to have 50+ goals, but only currently on just below 40. I havn't changed anything this season, might starting to think I might have too .

Out of interest have you changed many players in the squad? I have found in the past with long goal scoring careers that if you don’t refresh a few players every season or so then you can get a dodgy season.

3 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Out of interest have you changed many players in the squad? I have found in the past with long goal scoring careers that if you don’t refresh a few players every season or so then you can get a dodgy season.

I would say I have brought at least 1 new first team member every year, although the past two years have been more under 21s to be shifted out on loan for the future more so than first team. 

Might need to get spending in future if that is the case. Was hoping once my squad was how I wanted it to be, I would only have to deal with retirements & ageing players. 

25 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

I would say I have brought at least 1 new first team member every year, although the past two years have been more under 21s to be shifted out on loan for the future more so than first team. 

Might need to get spending in future if that is the case. Was hoping once my squad was how I wanted it to be, I would only have to deal with retirements & ageing players. 

I found over a few careers that I got to a stage were all the wonderkids have started to peak and the squad is amazing so I stop buying players for the first team. Then after a season or two of that there will be a season where it just doesn’t seem to be working as well for my goal scorer/s so I almost need to change a couple of players for the sake of refreshing the squad more than actually improving the team.

I haven’t done a long goalscoring career this year though so I can’t vouch for it still being the same.

3 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I found over a few careers that I got to a stage were all the wonderkids have started to peak and the squad is amazing so I stop buying players for the first team. Then after a season or two of that there will be a season where it just doesn’t seem to be working as well for my goal scorer/s so I almost need to change a couple of players for the sake of refreshing the squad more than actually improving the team.

I knew me making transfers like there’s no tomorrow every year or 2 was good see 😁

15 hours ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Thanks, I appreciate the support. But can you put the messaging thing past 2 weeks? I'd probably have another treatment soon, which probably lasted for a week or two. I'm curious about the project you said though, looking forward to it!

Thanks. It's said really, since if I remembered correctly, I did warn people to back up their stuff before doing anything, yet they ignored that and blamed me for their mistakes. People can be annoying like thay, but thankfully not all of them... 

Hopefully in the next tutorial I'd write, people would actually read the terminology posts before attempting anything. That would aace a lot of time for both parties.

Alright, no hurry. Your health is first. 

Hit me up when you’re able to, and we can start then! Looking forward it it :)

7 hours ago, JamesVilla said:

I totally relate to this and not just recently but from the last couple of games. This is the main reason that all of the goalscoring stuff I’ve done over the last two games has been at top top clubs usually in either Italy or Spain with Spain being the preferred option. Barca or Real and you end up with more or less unlimited funds so can more or less buy whoever you want which truly helps.

If you’re still at Celtic as you were before I had my break then I honestly wouldn’t worry about the odd drop off season and just keep going as it’s something I can easily see happening.

How do some teams end up with academy players of a different nationality to the club? I've seen Dortmund have spanish and American newgens.