Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

are we ever getting a feature to change role stat highlights to whatever we want/need? i'm tired of seeing thousands of poachers and target men when i just want to see the highlights as pf or cf or something

1 hour ago, tetzki said:

are we ever getting a feature to change role stat highlights to whatever we want/need? i'm tired of seeing thousands of poachers and target men when i just want to see the highlights as pf or cf or something

Go into settings and change player attribute highlighting to trained role and it will show you what attributes a player needs based on what the player is being trained as instead of what the game recommends.

A91349A5-884E-40E0-96BB-5192E81F0A60.thumb.jpeg.bc4a9221f93fb7808a452077fbe71a80.jpeg

8 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Go into settings and change player attribute highlighting to trained role and it will show you what attributes a player needs based on what the player is being trained as instead of what the game recommends.

A91349A5-884E-40E0-96BB-5192E81F0A60.thumb.jpeg.bc4a9221f93fb7808a452077fbe71a80.jpeg

that only works for players ALREADY in your team though because you are already training them for that role, i want it for the players that are NOT in my team (for example when searching players you want to sign in player search or when a scout recommends someone)

I'm playing the 22/23 season, and there is only one leg in Europa League knockout phase. Is this a bug, or is this an accomodation to a weird season with a World Cup in late autumn?

1 hour ago, sinuhe.t said:

I'm playing the 22/23 season, and there is only one leg in Europa League knockout phase. Is this a bug, or is this an accomodation to a weird season with a World Cup in late autumn?

Because of the World Cup and it goes back to two legs the following season.

1 hour ago, MohitMax Roy said:

Do the penalty or free kick stars ever increase??? 

No. Not that you can see them, but in my testing, they always stay the same. 

That said, players do get better at penalties as they age. They miss a lot more when they are younger than they do when they are older. So the calculation for whether they score or not does not just use the hidden Penalty attribute value. Maybe it uses Shooting as well. Maybe it's experience. Not sure.

I guess the same thing happens with Free Kicks etc, but haven't watched it.

Working on putting together a multi-challenge for myself, and I really want to try to figure out how to use a libero as an attacking tool. I cannot, for the life of me, find out how to get a libero to break the defensive line and actually move forward with the ball or get close enough to have a shot. I've tried every mentality, 1, 2, and 3 central defenders, up to and including 3 libretos together, but they just play like BPDs. Has anyone figured out how to get a libero to contribute to the attack? 

My only other guess now is maybe I need someone with high aggression and creativity, but horrible decisions so he makes the 'mistake' of running to support the attack. 

I need someone to clarify to me what ''running at defence'' instruction means. 

''Instruct players to run at the opposition more than your tactics allow by default.'' <- this is what it says on FM official site. But what does that exactly mean? Does it mean pressing? Or is it an instruction to dribble more? Is it mutualy exclusive with ''through balls''?

5 minutes ago, sinuhe.t said:

I need someone to clarify to me what ''running at defence'' instruction means. 

''Instruct players to run at the opposition more than your tactics allow by default.'' <- this is what it says on FM official site. But what does that exactly mean? Does it mean pressing? Or is it an instruction to dribble more? Is it mutualy exclusive with ''through balls''?

It essentially asks the players to take on their man and dribble more, or for defenders, to hold onto the ball and take their time to pick a pass. They will still play through balls, but only when it's really on, rather than trying to force it. 

EY UP!

We'll that's what my Barnsley born dad would say. Took a wee break from all things FM and Social Media in general but I'll not bore you guys with my life chat. Hope everyone's well and keeping well :) 

Great youth intake this season. 

Luckily, goalkeeper is my weakest position following Donnarumma retiring a year early unexpectedly. 

Screenshot_20210506_153723_com.sega.score.jpg

8 hours ago, Aortic said:

Great youth intake this season. 

Luckily, goalkeeper is my weakest position following Donnarumma retiring a year early unexpectedly. 

Screenshot_20210506_153723_com.sega.score.jpg

Nice! But it's a bit worrying two of the three are described as erratic...

Guys, how do I fix the relationship between Moriba and Camavinga? In their player relationships tab there are no negative relationships, only positive ones, I cant explain it why or know how to fix it.

Screenshot_20210506-112121_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-112139_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-112110_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Just now, Nikolaosrokos said:

Guys, how do I fix the relationship between Moriba and Camavinga? In their player relationships tab there are no negative relationships, only positive ones, I cant explain it why or know how to fix it.

Screenshot_20210506-112121_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-112139_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-112110_FM21 Mobile.jpg

They don’t seems to perform together. Try to change the system and it may change overtime 

Yeah, I've had this a few times. Once when one of the players was new and not playing well... there I stuck at it and as results were still decent, individual performances improved over time and it went away. My take is look at why they are not playing well. If its tactical then obviously change that. If you think it isn't then you might consider riding it out.

1 hour ago, StuartM said:

Yeah, I've had this a few times. Once when one of the players was new and not playing well... there I stuck at it and as results were still decent, individual performances improved over time and it went away. My take is look at why they are not playing well. If its tactical then obviously change that. If you think it isn't then you might consider riding it out.

I’ve just had it in my Salford Brexit FC save with Nathan Phillips and Ryan Astley and I presumed that it’s because one came from Liverpool and the other from Everton so maybe team rivalries have an effect on that too.

9 hours ago, Scratch said:

Nice! But it's a bit worrying two of the three are described as erratic...

and the one that isn't erratic, is described as having cat like agility but fragile when coming for cross balls.

Hopefully change with age and training

2 hours ago, Aortic said:

and the one that isn't erratic, is described as having cat like agility but fragile when coming for cross balls.

Hopefully change with age and training

Yeah, hope they level up! I'm less worried by coming for crosses as that's the Aerial attribute. You can see it and can sometimes improve it via training. But the erratic one is the hidden attributes like Consistency and Pressure (not exactly sure which) and they are hard to change (use a player high in these to mentor them and hope for the best that they pick that up).

Anyway, good luck, maybe report back here later with their progress?

8 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, hope they level up! I'm less worried by coming for crosses as that's the Aerial attribute. You can see it and can sometimes improve it via training. But the erratic one is the hidden attributes like Consistency and Pressure (not exactly sure which) and they are hard to change (use a player high in these to mentor them and hope for the best that they pick that up).

Anyway, good luck, maybe report back here later with their progress?

True. I've never actually had a goalkeeper come through that has had serious potential so will be either a success or failure!

If I remember I will check back in once I've got another couple of seasons down the road. 

I have a question regarding coaches. Is the preferred tactic in any way relevant to the game? All three of my coaches prefer 41221, would it help me to try and play that formation? 

2 minutes ago, Mr B said:

I have a question regarding coaches. Is the preferred tactic in any way relevant to the game? All three of my coaches prefer 41221, would it help me to try and play that formation? 

To be honest I have never paid attention to it at all, I don’t believe it makes a difference, but I haven’t tried. Maybe give it a go and report back to us 😁

20 hours ago, Mr B said:

I tend to pick one that plays the same formation I use, and make them the reserves Manager. They don't always follow it though and often play shapes that aren't their preferred one.

I've just started a new save a few days ago, in the middle of the first season, and I'm seeing some young players from various teams around Europe who 'respect you as a manager.' Is this new? Is it happening to anyone else?

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

I've just started a new save a few days ago, in the middle of the first season, and I'm seeing some young players from various teams around Europe who 'respect you as a manager.' Is this new? Is it happening to anyone else?

Seen that before. Could be because they respect you as a top manager like how people see Pep, Klopp, Mourinho, etc.

31 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Seen that before. Could be because they respect you as a top manager like how people see Pep, Klopp, Mourinho, etc.

The cheek and disrespect to leave out Sir Steve Bruce.

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

I haven’t noticed myself, but I will keep an eye out now to see👍