Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

The cheek and disrespect to leave out Sir Steve Bruce.

I haven’t noticed myself, but I will keep an eye out now to see👍

We don’t respect Lord Steve. We worship!

On 13/05/2021 at 17:34, Rich said:

To be honest I have never paid attention to it at all, I don’t believe it makes a difference, but I haven’t tried. Maybe give it a go and report back to us 😁

I tried but can't find a 41221 set up i like with the squad I've got. Maybe I'll pick coaches that match my system on another save. 

36 minutes ago, Ian said:

Can’t defend on the new version. 

When was the last update? I have noticed some huge tactical changes recently as well

9 hours ago, hhooo said:

When was the last update? I have noticed some huge tactical changes recently as well

@Ian @hhooo - as far as I'm aware the last update (on Android) was March 27. Unless there's a new one that doesn't show for me yet. I haven't noticed any changes with my tactics, so I guess maybe it depends on the specific tactic you're using.

In my last season, using a variation on my 4 3 2 1 Defensive tactic, I only conceded 10 goals, although I have a super powered team so there's that. Even when using my crazy overloading tactic in China, I only conceded 12. 

What are you guys seeing?

12 minutes ago, Scratch said:

@Ian @hhooo - as far as I'm aware the last update (on Android) was March 27. Unless there's a new one that doesn't show for me yet. I haven't noticed any changes with my tactics, so I guess maybe it depends on the specific tactic you're using.

In my last season, using a variation on my 4 3 2 1 Defensive tactic, I only conceded 10 goals, although I have a super powered team so there's that. Even when using my crazy overloading tactic in China, I only conceded 12. 

What are you guys seeing?

Biggest differences were with the 2-1-4-1-2 that I used through all of TTR, and some of the super attacking 1 at the back + IWBs tactics. The TTR tactic was extremely sold defensively for that entire save, but I started a new save and it turned to crap immediately. The IWB based tactics fared even worse, and give up 3-6 goals a game against most teams. From the few days of testing I've done, it feels like the core elements of many super aggressive tactics have been made much weaker (corners, overload, iwbs, etc).

9 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Biggest differences were with the 2-1-4-1-2 that I used through all of TTR, and some of the super attacking 1 at the back + IWBs tactics. The TTR tactic was extremely sold defensively for that entire save, but I started a new save and it turned to crap immediately. The IWB based tactics fared even worse, and give up 3-6 goals a game against most teams. From the few days of testing I've done, it feels like the core elements of many super aggressive tactics have been made much weaker (corners, overload, iwbs, etc).

On my TT, I have always used overload but playing the last week I had changed from it to attacking and getting more goals from attacking than overload. So I defo agree with the overload not working as well.

However IWBS’s have been working well for me still, no idea why 😂

Just now, Rich said:

On my TT, I have always used overload but playing the last week I had changed from it to attacking and getting more goals from attacking than overload. So I defo agree with the overload not working as well.

However IWBS’s have been working well for me still, no idea why 😂

I didn't notice any problem with my 1 2 1 3 3. No problems with the IWBs either.

That said, I was in a routine where if we weren't dominating after after 15 mins, I'd switch from Overloading to Attacking or Balanced. So maybe if I'd stuck with overloading all the time I would have had problems.

Also, I had an established team with great dynamics, world class players, very pacy defenders, etc - maybe I'd struggle with a new save too? I don't do much for set pieces to be honest, so didn't notice anything there...

I can't manage Indian national team. I have edited more than 100 players to Indian nationality and have China loaded in save file but still even after they don't have a manager, I can't apply. I could do this in 2019 and 2020 so what's happening??? Pls help. 

hi, haven't been on here for a few months now as not got the new FMM, but if i see it cheap sometime soon might get it to pass the time.

But what is the state of the game like, any ground breaking bugs that ruin the experience, thanks

Anyone else think that FMM22 should give more meaning to the kits? They should change each season, with the home kit remaining q similar colour. Also we should get money from sales depending on how popular/successful the club is.

5 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Best youth class ever? 

Screenshot_20210519-193000_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Not sure if it's the best but I do appreciate that you're keeping Mr daily butz

7 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Best youth class ever? 

Screenshot_20210519-193000_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Pretty decent! But sometimes when I’m in smaller countries I get the same because the scout report on these are how good they’d be in that league? 😉I had one at Aston Villa where it was all silver and gold, Villa produced a lot off awesome players.

Also I could be wrong with what i said at the start 😂

Next time I decide to manage a big club, remind me to stay away! The egos are so ludicrously fragile! 

Sells aging star

I think that was a mistake, boss...

Buys player to replace aging star

Jesus, now you want to replace me as well? We already have two midfielders!

One week later

I'm unhappy with the depth at the club. And unhappy that my place in the squad is under threat. And I still haven't gotten over selling that 36 year old defender!

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

Next time I decide to manage a big club, remind me to stay away! The egos are so ludicrously fragile! 

Sells aging star

I think that was a mistake, boss...

Buys player to replace aging star

Jesus, now you want to replace me as well? We already have two midfielders!

One week later

I'm unhappy with the depth at the club. And unhappy that my place in the squad is under threat. And I still haven't gotten over selling that 36 year old defender!

I mean you’re a Spurs fan. Of course you won’t understand 🤷😂

I recently completed five seasons managing Galatasaray in Turkey and there were a couple of things that happened that may or may not be bugs.

The first thing was that the five substitute rule remained in place in the league throughout. The top flight in Turkey usually consists of 18 teams. This season there are 21 teams which is obviously due to covid but I’m thinking that the plan will be to gradually get the number back down to 18. Doesn’t happen in this game as after the first season there are 20 teams every year.

I’ve tried very briefly to look into this as perhaps it’s normal and how things will be in Turkey going forward but thought I’d mention it as others may have noticed similar in other leagues.

If it is a bug then no point posting it to SI now as there won’t be another update.

6 hours ago, Ian said:

If it is a bug then no point posting it to SI now as there won’t be another update.

I don't know about the Turkey situation at all, but just a comment on this part - it's always worth reporting it to SI, because even if they don't fix it in FM21 (very unlikely now, I agree), hopefully they'll fix it for 22. But if it's not reported, it will definitely still be there in 22 :) 

5 hours ago, Scratch said:

I don't know about the Turkey situation at all, but just a comment on this part - it's always worth reporting it to SI, because even if they don't fix it in FM21 (very unlikely now, I agree), hopefully they'll fix it for 22. But if it's not reported, it will definitely still be there in 22 :) 

Yeah, I’ll probably go over there and mention it. I’m kind of thinking that there was something in the programming that meant when they changed the number of teams to 21 for the first season they then couldn’t get it back to 18 after and had to make do with 20. Unless of course Turkey have decided to keep it at 20 anyway going forward. The subs thing must definitely be a bug I’d think but it did make the save quite enjoyable😂

I think I just bagged most boring match of all time

Screenshot_2021-05-25-15-09-37-91_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.jpg

I should add, the single shot was taken from about an 89 degree angle. Final xG tally would have been something like 0-0.002

Edited by hhooo

Hello guys, greetings from Portugal!

I needed your help / opinion, I'm currently playing with the following tactic:

1.png

My question is, given the players I have, what are the best roles / positions for them to yield to the maximum? DLP always has very bad ratings, I don't know why ...

Piet Roos (my future player for the DLP position)

2.png

Santiago Pelayo (present BBM)

3.png

Bruno Paz (IF)

4.png

Lerager (AM)

5.png

Mesquita (my future player for the IW position)

6.png

Deeney (AF)

7.png

Can someone explain what hidden attributes is and how do you see them? (sounds very silly) 

Also what does ca and pa mean?

10 hours ago, Mov said:

Can someone explain what hidden attributes is and how do you see them? (sounds very silly) 

Also what does ca and pa mean?

There are a bunch of hidden attributes like Professionalism, Work Rate (half of Teamwork) and a bunch of others. You can't see them directly, but there are hints towards them - for example if a Player has a high Professionalism score, it will say they are professional on the staff report, the training screen, maybe their personal page (ie Strict Professional), etc. And if it's very low, it will say they are Relaxed etc. They don't normally increase, but can occasionally from mentoring, team dynamic influence, getting disciplined, etc.

CA = Current Ability and PA = Potential Ability. As a player develops, his CA will increase (when his attributes increase, normally 5 points with each update) and when it reaches his PA, then he's finished his development. And then as he ages, his CA will start going down. CA/PA scores are out of 200 and can't be seen in the game. If you use the In Game Editor, it will show a star rating (5 stars = 180 to 200, 4.5 stars = 160 to 179, etc). In the game itself you have the scout/staff ratings, but these are NOT accurate, it's what the staff person thinks not what the value actually is.

I've included a screenshot from my "not yet released, but hopefully soon to go to beta" app so you can see the different hidden attributes (Work Rate isn't there because it's down lower as part of Teamwork):

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210526-134010.thumb.jpg.3b24d3df4c3a1cb4360f973bbbaf816d.jpg

Hope that helps. I should probably say we don't know what all of those actually do (like Flair for eg).

18 hours ago, Scratch said:

There are a bunch of hidden attributes like Professionalism, Work Rate (half of Teamwork) and a bunch of others. You can't see them directly, but there are hints towards them - for example if a Player has a high Professionalism score, it will say they are professional on the staff report, the training screen, maybe their personal page (ie Strict Professional), etc. And if it's very low, it will say they are Relaxed etc. They don't normally increase, but can occasionally from mentoring, team dynamic influence, getting disciplined, etc.

CA = Current Ability and PA = Potential Ability. As a player develops, his CA will increase (when his attributes increase, normally 5 points with each update) and when it reaches his PA, then he's finished his development. And then as he ages, his CA will start going down. CA/PA scores are out of 200 and can't be seen in the game. If you use the In Game Editor, it will show a star rating (5 stars = 180 to 200, 4.5 stars = 160 to 179, etc). In the game itself you have the scout/staff ratings, but these are NOT accurate, it's what the staff person thinks not what the value actually is.

I've included a screenshot from my "not yet released, but hopefully soon to go to beta" app so you can see the different hidden attributes (Work Rate isn't there because it's down lower as part of Teamwork):

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20210526-134010.thumb.jpg.3b24d3df4c3a1cb4360f973bbbaf816d.jpg

Hope that helps. I should probably say we don't know what all of those actually do (like Flair for eg).

Thanks