Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Just to remind people I get the want for realism with facepacks and name changes but remember these are putting the series and communities at risk. Only today high profile players were kicking off about FIFA using their likeness. The game doesn't contain stuff for a reason and in the last few years the heat is rising towards FIFA and FM. 

but i wonder zlatan and bale cialms are true. bale was even in fifa cover and now he is accusing wa sport.

1 hour ago, Sss1234 said:

but i wonder zlatan and bale cialms are true. bale was even in fifa cover and now he is accusing wa sport.

48 minutes ago, FMH Skill said:

Think it might be a publicity thing, they’ve both done stuff for EA before

I'm not discounting either of those statements but it started last year with the club's getting funny with FM using their logos and putting pressure out there and now even players are starting to speak up. Juve aren't Juve for a reason and fixing it just brings attention to it and all it would take is for Juve to get arsey like clubs did last year. 

Never mind, you’re right - just seen there’s an article by The Athletic saying thousands of footballers will join Bale and Ibra in “objecting to the use of their likeness in FIFA 21”. Mad stuff

57 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Nearly two decades in the making, but you can finally take short goal kicks in an SI game! What a massive relief. 

Several player roles have been improved, like IWB, and the set piece instructions let you actually keep someone forward for counters while playing without a traditional CF.

Also, 442 diamond is getting slaughtered in the Portuguese third division. Loving it so far. 

As far as set pieces, the player marking the keeper has been very good for me even without particularly good aerial. Just good movement. 

Do you mean short corners? You've been able to take short goal kicks in previous FMM editions...

5 minutes ago, FMH Skill said:

Never mind, you’re right - just seen there’s an article by The Athletic saying thousands of footballers will join Bale and Ibra in “objecting to the use of their likeness in FIFA 21”. Mad stuff

2020 really is a strange year. it really changed a lot of people minds.

8 minutes ago, FMH Skill said:

If all players and clubs get on board and go after FM and FIFA the future will be bleak or expensive. All using these facepacks and name changes does now is poke the bear. 

I like the packs and name changes, I always have but like many here I play to post here and posting here with "illegal" images and changes brings potential heat to the site. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If all players and clubs get on board and go after FM and FIFA the future will be bleak or expensive. All using these facepacks and name changes does now is poke the bear. 

I like the packs and name changes, I always have but like many here I play to post here and posting here with "illegal" images and changes brings potential heat to the site. 

The Licenses Fix I’m guessing is legal right, considering Vibe made one for the 2020 game?

Also, if fifa or pes are not making the game as real as possible, no one will even buy the game.

zlatan and bale will probably drop the cialms as those cialms would have made ea or konami lost a lot of money. they won't buy to their ideas so as their fans.

2 minutes ago, Sss1234 said:

Also, if fifa or pes are not making the game as real as possible, no one will even buy the game.

zlatan and bale will probably drop the cialms as those cialms would have made ea or konami lost a lot of money. they won't buy to their ideas so as their fans.

Very interesting

972CC585-F2AE-46B1-A14E-E3DA2CF3496B.jpeg

Personally I don't mind not having faces (I'd probably remove them if it made the game run quicker as I only ever used them to see if the player was a regen or real).
The whole legal side of it this year is interesting, I hadn't heard about players not wanting their images to be used in FIFA21, but it could just be a pay dispute thing and EA not paying them/paying enough...
I downloaded the name change (mainly for the competitions but it doesn't make much difference tbh) and I downloaded the logos from last year, which are good as they're better than the generic ones, but not the "official" club/comp logos so should be fine legality wise.

If the mods were to say, you can't upload a facepack or name changes pack, then I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. It's just a "nice to have" in my opinion.

14 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Idk if anyone tried this but near post corner with your target man attacking near post is really deadly! 

Haven't played yet, but this is what I was thinking about when we asked SI Games to add this in last year's General Discussion thread - or was it the year before? Anyway, they probably got this request from many places, but I like to think it was the discussion with us that got Marc Vaughan thinking about it. 🙂 

But yeah, I wanted the control so I could send it to my TM at the near post more often. 

Edited by Scratch
12 hours ago, WalterWong said:

Anyone looked through save files? 

The 'people' block seems entirely different... In fmm20 saves every 90 bytes represents a 'people'. I tried the same way with different numbers in fmm21 but none of them makes sense to me

Spent a long time yesterday working the people section out. See over here in the HEX thread (the screenshot explains it, I hope):

BTW, that's the best place for this sort of discussion. We might need to get @samhardy or @FuddledFox to move that thread into the FM21 forum (unless they think we should start a new one, but last year it was moved from 19 to 20, so presumably we do the same thing this year?).

21 minutes ago, FMH Skill said:

Very interesting

so this is areason that football agents should have been banned. they are the worst people ever exist in the football world

10 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Spent a long time yesterday working the people section out. See over here in the HEX thread (the screenshot explains it, I hope):

BTW, that's the best place for this sort of discussion. We might need to get @samhardy or @FuddledFox to move that thread into the FM21 forum (unless they think we should start a new one, but last year it was moved from 19 to 20, so presumably we do the same thing this year?).

So I looked into the save, and its people structure was changed indeed, not being in constant length. The player's ID is harder to search too. But seems like general information (like names, DOB, nationality, etc) didn't change. So editing them should only be slightly harder. Also, since they added the languages thing, the length of people's data in general is longer.

The team's data structure seems to change too, with the manager's ID has been moved away a bit, and there might even be slots for feeder clubs that I couldn't find yet. Other than that, I've found no changes yet.

Also I think this would affect your current scouting tool @Scratch. Too many new stuff was added, the people thing changed too. I just haven't looked at the player's stats though (by using the SID thing on my tutorial), I would be screwed if they changed the length, as I still haven't fully understand it.

2 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

So I looked into the save, and its people structure was changed indeed, not being in constant length. The player's ID is harder to search too. But seems like general information (like names, DOB, nationality, etc) didn't change. So editing them should only be slightly harder. Also, since they added the languages thing, the length of people's data in general is longer.

The team's data structure seems to change too, with the manager's ID has been moved away a bit, and there might even be slots for feeder clubs that I couldn't find yet. Other than that, I've found no changes yet.

Also I think this would affect your current scouting tool @Scratch. Too many new stuff was added, the people thing changed too. I just haven't looked at the player's stats though (by using the SID thing on my tutorial), I would be screwed if they changed the length, as I still haven't fully understand it.

Yeah, I worked the people section out - info in the screenshot in the HEX thread, but they added languages (which can be multiple) and replaced the old "fav club, fav person, disliked person" with a variable fav section. 

The player section (CA/PA, feet, positions, attributes, etc) looks to be unchanged. My app is still broken hard though as other stuff has changed. Not sure if I'm a few small changes away from getting it all working or weeks of solid investigation! 😄

4 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, I worked the people section out - info in the screenshot in the HEX thread, but they added languages (which can be multiple) and replaced the old "fav club, fav person, disliked person" with a variable fav section. 

The player section (CA/PA, feet, positions, attributes, etc) looks to be unchanged. My app is still broken hard though as other stuff has changed. Not sure if I'm a few small changes away from getting it all working or weeks of solid investigation! 😄

Take your time, FMM 21 has just released a day ago. You don't need to hurry. I would also need to get my hands on the database too, which would also take awhile before I can start editing stuff seriously.

I'm just glad that they didn't change the CA/PA bit. This would be great for my editing works, as I have perfected the method of porting players, thanks to you 😁

15 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I don’t know if anyone notice this but we can now sub 5 players instead of just 3

SI did say something about COVID-19 does change some parts of the game. Maybe that was what they meant.

1 hour ago, FMH Skill said:

Very interesting

so this is areason that football agents should have been banned. they are the worst people ever exist in the football world

2 hours ago, FMH Skill said:

The Licenses Fix I’m guessing is legal right, considering Vibe made one for the 2020 game?

I have no idea, I'm just spitballing ideas tbf mate. But Juve isn't Juve as SI obviously couldn't or wouldn't pay for the name, so changing that could piss of Juve etc. 

I don't know the details or inner workings, I'm just a fan but if something isn't there it has to be for a reason. 

Then again if they left in the method of fixing these things maybe SI don't feel that threatened ATM. (Remember they broke text changes the other year, at the same time they lost the Brazil licence mid cycle). 

6 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

Did anyone notice that during UCL Knockout rounds, sometimes we are allowed to bring 9 players on bench while sometimes only 7? Is it a bug or is it a new rule?

It's a rule for this season: UEFA COVID Rules for 20/21 season

The UEFA Executive Committee decided on 24 September that five substitutions will be allowed for the remainder of the season. Consequently, the number of players allowed on the match sheet will be increased to 23.

Edited by geordiekrispy
Just now, Kun Aguero said:

What I mean is sometimes you are allowed to play 9, while sometimes only 7 (both in first season). 

I was looking at the changes for last season...
I've edited my post to show this season's stuff...

But yeah you'd think it was consistant...

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

I have moved the thread over to FMM21 and added in a link on the OP to the first FMM21 post.

18 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I have moved the thread over to FMM21 and added in a link on the OP to the first FMM21 post.

Great to see it got moved there, but I think I would need to update it, after I learn more about this year's database structure that is. They changed quite a few things compared to last year from the looks of it.