Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

29 minutes ago, NguyenDucAnh said:

Great to see it got moved there, but I think I would need to update it, after I learn more about this year's database structure that is. They changed quite a few things compared to last year from the looks of it.

An FMM21 update would probably be best done as a separate post in the thread so the OP remains relevant for people with the old games.

I seen people were struggling to get some players to go to there affiliate clubs, literally every single player I’ve sent in both saves so far have gone and accepted it. Maybe they want to get away from me?

2 minutes ago, RichD said:

I seen people were struggling to get some players to go to there affiliate clubs, literally every single player I’ve sent in both saves so far have gone and accepted it. Maybe they want to get away from me?

Seriously I don’t know which player would like to play with a manager looks like this:

1EBD49D9-E94A-4D95-A6D2-B7A0F77130F5.jpeg.9ed91aaf92e3d602cc63f668a1fdc784.jpeg

Just now, broodje kip said:

Seriously I don’t know which player would like to play with a manager looks like this:

1EBD49D9-E94A-4D95-A6D2-B7A0F77130F5.jpeg.9ed91aaf92e3d602cc63f668a1fdc784.jpeg

You should see me now, that was on a good day out to watch the horses!

8 hours ago, hhooo said:

No, I mean short goal kicks. Where the players come back to the penalty area. 

Does anybody know how to this by the way?

Would really want to implement this with my team where a defender comes in to start the build up.

1 minute ago, Jsavfc said:

Has anyone figured out how to consistently get goals from corners yet? Saw set your best header to near post, got a goal or two but nothing major. 

Actually it scores quite a lot for me currently in January I’ve scored about 10 corner goals 

2 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Has anyone figured out how to consistently get goals from corners yet? Saw set your best header to near post, got a goal or two but nothing major. 

the same, around one goal every 4 or 5 matches

Not playing a career yet, but mucked about a little bit now and have 3 observations so far:

• One of my super attacking tactics from last year seems to work roughly as well this time around - only played 5 games, mostly won by 3 or 4 goals, but got hammered by a very good team (Liverpool) - so maybe there's no significant change to the match engine? Needs more testing over a longer period of time.

• Talking to players about poor performance has changed. Last year if they had a match rating of 6 or less you could fine or warn them. Once you found which one a player responded to, you could rinse and repeat while their Professionalism, Work Rate and Determination improved (up to 15 out of 20). This year if they have a rating of 6 or less you can criticise their performance which they mostly respond well too, but it doesn't improve any of the hidden attributes (or if it does, there is no message). Good for boosting morale, but not for permantly improving the player. If they got 5 or less, then you can warn or fine them, but not once have I had a positve response (out of 5 attempts). Takeaway: no more easy way to turn dodgy players into solid citizens...

• Many of my transfer tricks don't work anymore. Eg: Last year you could offer list price, see their response, close the dialoge window, open it again, offer just over list price and they would respond with their absolute minimum, which was a lot less than the first response. Now, that doesn't seem to work (or if it does, only occasionally and doesn't get you a much better price like before). Most of the time, they stick to the first response. So looks like that part of the transfer system is more solid and harder to manipulate to get great deals. Seems like a bummer, but I'm happy that it should make it a little harder/more realistic when building a squad.

But I haven't played much, so will have to see how things pan out.

10 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Not playing a career yet, but mucked about a little bit now and have 3 observations so far:

• One of my super attacking tactics from last year seems to work roughly as well this time around - only played 5 games, mostly won by 3 or 4 goals, but got hammered by a very good team (Liverpool) - so maybe there's no significant change to the match engine? Needs more testing over a longer period of time.

• Talking to players about poor performance has changed. Last year if they had a match rating of 6 or less you could fine or warn them. Once you found which one a player responded to, you could rinse and repeat while their Professionalism, Work Rate and Determination improved (up to 15 out of 20). This year if they have a rating of 6 or less you can criticise their performance which they mostly respond well too, but it doesn't improve any of the hidden attributes (or if it does, there is no message). Good for boosting morale, but not for permantly improving the player. If they got 5 or less, then you can warn or fine them, but not once have I had a positve response (out of 5 attempts). Takeaway: no more easy way to turn dodgy players into solid citizens...

• Many of my transfer tricks don't work anymore. Eg: Last year you could offer list price, see their response, close the dialoge window, open it again, offer just over list price and they would respond with their absolute minimum, which was a lot less than the first response. Now, that doesn't seem to work (or if it does, only occasionally and doesn't get you a much better price like before). Most of the time, they stick to the first response. So looks like that part of the transfer system is more solid and harder to manipulate to get great deals. Seems like a bummer, but I'm happy that it should make it a little harder/more realistic when building a squad.

I think you’ve got lucky then mate because my super attacking tactic with 3 up front isn’t working anywhere near the level of last year, so having to work on something new now 🙈

32 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I can see that too. I can easily score 4-5 goals in the Bundesliga but keep struggling in the Champions League even against teams weaker than a team like Dortmund or Monchengladbach 

I had warned both Esposito and Johnston after bad performance and it works well. Jesus responded badly though 

Never heard of the transfer trick 😅

4 hours ago, RichD said:

Same for me mate, I've sent about 30 players over two seasons to my affiliate clubs and only one player didn't want to go so I offered him to my other affiliate and he accepted. Also I have been very fortunate with bugs so far, touch wood it continues

5 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Same for me mate, I've sent about 30 players over two seasons to my affiliate clubs and only one player didn't want to go so I offered him to my other affiliate and he accepted. Also I have been very fortunate with bugs so far, touch wood it continues

Lucky you! On my first save out of 8 players, on 3 affiliate clubs, only one player wanted to go...

Surely the reputation of the affiliate club and the player you want to send there must come into play when you try to set up a loan. So a promising youngster might just think he is too good to go to the club you want him to?

5 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Surely the reputation of the affiliate club and the player you want to send there must come into play when you try to set up a loan. So a promising youngster might just think he is too good to go to the club you want him to?

Not on my games thus far, Ben Chillwell worth 35m on my Chelsea game went to Vittesse on loan. Billy Gilmour went to a lower league German side that were already affiliated for the season.

With Celtic I’ve sent a lot of young players on loan to League 2, that may be a bit more realistic because it is Scotland 👀

20 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I'm sure of that. The players I've tried to send on loan were promising youngsters of 17-19 years old and the clubs were in Turkish second division and Belarus first division, so crapy leagues. 

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

what is your super attacking tactic ? i need high scorung tactics

52 minutes ago, RichD said:

With Celtic I’ve sent a lot of young players on loan to League 2, that may be a bit more realistic because it is Scotland 👀

Yep, similar standard :)

7 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Looks decent @RichD but I would need more information such as tea bag brand, milk in first or last and how long the bag was in the hot water for before I could make a really informed judgement.

I took everyone’s tips on board and went ahead and bought Yorkshire Tea, I put the milk in last, I think it must have been in for a minute at least, who said you can’t teach and old dog new tricks! 

1 hour ago, RichD said:

I took everyone’s tips on board and went ahead and bought Yorkshire Tea, I put the milk in last, I think it must have been in for a minute at least, who said you can’t teach and old dog new tricks! 

Thats the almost the perfect cuppa.

I leave the tea bag for 2 mins and always use filtered water. 

Yes i am weird.