Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

FuddledFox

Hi guys,

ive been playing fmm now for a few years and now i have a question, i play mostly with Leicester 4-2-3-1 and with the team i support livin here in Holland NAC Breda 4-1-2-2-1, now for me with both of these formations i always have a poacher at front,

but when i  change the player role for my front men it never scores as much as the poacher. So is the poacher the best role in these formations or does it work just as good with any CF or AF or whatever attacking player role?  But i just need to be patient, cause i want my attacker just contribute more in ways of assists and goqls 

my wingers are always IF and in my Leicester save the AM is AP. 

thanks in advance

15 minutes ago, Gerrit87 said:

Hi guys,

ive been playing fmm now for a few years and now i have a question, i play mostly with Leicester 4-2-3-1 and with the team i support livin here in Holland NAC Breda 4-1-2-2-1, now for me with both of these formations i always have a poacher at front,

but when i  change the player role for my front men it never scores as much as the poacher. So is the poacher the best role in these formations or does it work just as good with any CF or AF or whatever attacking player role?  But i just need to be patient, cause i want my attacker just contribute more in ways of assists and goqls 

my wingers are always IF and in my Leicester save the AM is AP. 

thanks in advance

It really depends on the playstyle, formation and the players to determine which role is the best. I often use DLF or PF this year. I did use poacher a few times when I have a very limited striker. TM and CF also worked very well for me so it seems like there’s no better/best striker role this year though I found AF as quite a liability to the team so far.

8 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

It really depends on the playstyle, formation and the players to determine which role is the best. I often use DLF or PF this year. I did use poacher a few times when I have a very limited striker. TM and CF also worked very well for me so it seems like there’s no better/best striker role this year though I found AF as quite a liability to the team so far.

Huh. I was going to say I really like AF this year, much more than TM. DLF was great last year but less good this year in my experience. 

51 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I normally play an attacking style, narrow, fast and expressive 

high line, all over pressing 

look for overlap, work ball in the box, through balls, with a short passing and a mixed focus

2 hours ago, hhooo said:

Huh. I was going to say I really like AF this year, much more than TM. DLF was great last year but less good this year in my experience. 

Oh! that’s interesting. I had bad experiences with AF this year. I found TM as very consistent and DLF too. I used DLF a lot lately and even used it in my TTR save which produced 30 goals with my 16 years old striker.

1 hour ago, Gerrit87 said:

I normally play an attacking style, narrow, fast and expressive 

high line, all over pressing 

look for overlap, work ball in the box, through balls, with a short passing and a mixed focus

I guess that could be the thing. I found look for overlap often complements poachers very well.

11 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Oh! that’s interesting. I had bad experiences with AF this year. I found TM as very consistent and DLF too. I used DLF a lot lately and even used it in my TTR save which produced 30 goals with my 16 years old striker.

I've used a lot of two striker tactics recently and the best combos have been AF + either poacher or Treq. I also play run at defense almost all the time so that could explain why TM has been less effective. 

2 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I've used a lot of two striker tactics recently and the best combos have been AF + either poacher or Treq. I also play run at defense almost all the time so that could explain why TM has been less effective. 

Probably. I haven’t used run at defence for quite a long time. Maybe I should now.

2 minutes ago, Gerrit87 said:

Okay, and what works better for a CF, DLF or AF?

DLF paired with Trequartista at AMC or 2 IF seems to work very well.

CF with TM next to him is the best pairing I used so far.

6 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Probably. I haven’t used run at defence for quite a long time. Maybe I should now.

DLF paired with Trequartista at AMC or 2 IF seems to work very well.

CF with TM next to him is the best pairing I used so far.

Have you tried pairing the DLF with a SS at AMC? I’ve had the most success with a SS while doing that. 

24 minutes ago, AlphaSeph said:

Have you tried pairing the DLF with a SS at AMC? I’ve had the most success with a SS while doing that. 

I did. It worked very well too but I prefer Trequartista 😂

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I did. It worked very well too but I prefer Trequartista 😂

Just out of curiosity, what difference did you see between the trequarista and shadow striker? 
Also, I don’t usually play with a AMC. 

On 29/03/2021 at 22:43, Schwantz34 said:

What are you classing as cheap after replacing those two?

What's your budget?

around 50-70m EURO 

3 hours ago, _N0rWay_ said:

around 50-70m EURO 

Onyekuru and Brekalo have both been brilliant for me, and both cost less than that individually.

Edited by Schwantz34
6 hours ago, AlphaSeph said:

Just out of curiosity, what difference did you see between the trequarista and shadow striker? 
Also, I don’t usually play with a AMC. 

Shadow Striker less assists and Trequartista more assists. I often play at full speed so I don’t see the exact different in the playstyle 

1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

Shadow Striker less assists and Trequartista more assists. I often play at full speed so I don’t see the exact different in the playstyle 

Treq will run with the ball more, GK will distribute to him, and Treq will play out wide more often. SS stays more central and presses more. 

Anyone struggling with wingers since the update? Mine are getting ratings of 5 fairly often and their in game match stats aren't any worse than usual. They seem to be getting punished rating wise for crosses not being completed when they've never been before... . 

1 hour ago, Snip said:

Anyone struggling with wingers since the update? Mine are getting ratings of 5 fairly often and their in game match stats aren't any worse than usual. They seem to be getting punished rating wise for crosses not being completed when they've never been before... . 

Wide Midfielders have been far superior to wingers for me recently, even if terms of just getting crosses in. 

How do I make my club culture better? Most of my players are complaining that it is too relaxed, and I think my lack of goals in matches is caused by this.

1 hour ago, uhqa said:

How do I make my club culture better? Most of my players are complaining that it is too relaxed, and I think my lack of goals in matches is caused by this.

Just get some highly professional players. And sell any that are causing it to go down. If you press on the rating letter on dynamics it will tell you who is a good or bad influence.

19 hours ago, uhqa said:

Probably the best youth intake I've ever had.20210401_191826.thumb.jpg.70d3a069384e9ce2de0f6feef34ad9bb.jpg20210401_191925.thumb.jpg.9b41212ebd1d09b77c0b9c98b89e1afa.jpg

Hate to one-up you but just today i got this - three golds!

Screenshot_20210402-140533_FM21 Mobile.jpg

22 minutes ago, Felix_is_king said:

Does anybody have a list of players with high work rate so I can mentor  some regens?

I got a few here:

Spoiler

Mikel Oyarzabal

Kristoffer Ajer

Carlos Soler

Jose Gaya

Thomas Muller

Leon Goretzka

Robert Lewandowski 

Marcus Rashford

Scott McTominay

Victor Lindelof

Harry Maguire

B. Fernandes

Ruben Dias

Fernandinho

Frenkie de Jong

Matthijs de Ligt

Nicolo Barella

Sergi Roberto

Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Cesar Azpilicueta

Mateo Kovacic

N’Golo Kante

Mason Mount

Kurt Zouma

Virgil van Dijk

Alisson Becker

Mohamed Salah

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Pablo Fornals

Tomas Soucek

Heung-Min Son

Harry Kane

Max Aarons

Lucas Digne

Marco Reus

Mats Hummels

Erling Haaland

Manuel Neuer

Dusan Tadic

Luis Suarez

Marcos Llorente

Kylian Mbappe

Marquinhos

Sergio Ramos

Luka Modric

Martin Odegaard

Houssem Aouar

Cristiano Ronaldo

Rodrigo Bentancur

Alessio Romagnoli

Romelu Lukaku

Lautaro Martinez

Stefan de Vrij

Alessandro Bastoni

Edin Dzeko

Dries Mertens

Gianluca Mancini

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Ciro Immobile

Luis Alberto

Felipe Caicedo

Joaquin Correa

Francesco Acerbi

Sven & Lars Bender

They all got the highest professionalism but I’m not 100% sure about work rate in the list

11 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I got a few here:

Hide contents

Mikel Oyarzabal

Kristoffer Ajer

Carlos Soler

Jose Gaya

Thomas Muller

Leon Goretzka

Robert Lewandowski 

Marcus Rashford

Scott McTominay

Victor Lindelof

Harry Maguire

B. Fernandes

Ruben Dias

Fernandinho

Frenkie de Jong

Matthijs de Ligt

Nicolo Barella

Sergi Roberto

Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Cesar Azpilicueta

Mateo Kovacic

N’Golo Kante

Mason Mount

Kurt Zouma

Virgil van Dijk

Alisson Becker

Mohamed Salah

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Pablo Fornals

Tomas Soucek

Heung-Min Son

Harry Kane

Max Aarons

Lucas Digne

Marco Reus

Mats Hummels

Erling Haaland

Manuel Neuer

Dusan Tadic

Luis Suarez

Marcos Llorente

Kylian Mbappe

Marquinhos

Sergio Ramos

Luka Modric

Martin Odegaard

Houssem Aouar

Cristiano Ronaldo

Rodrigo Bentancur

Alessio Romagnoli

Romelu Lukaku

Lautaro Martinez

Stefan de Vrij

Alessandro Bastoni

Edin Dzeko

Dries Mertens

Gianluca Mancini

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Ciro Immobile

Luis Alberto

Felipe Caicedo

Joaquin Correa

Francesco Acerbi

Sven & Lars Bender

They all got the highest professionalism but I’m not 100% sure about work rate in the list

Oh geez thanks 

6 minutes ago, Felix_is_king said:

Oh geez thanks 

No worries. I remember Goretzka, Barella, Oyarzabal, Ajer, de Ligt, Fernandes, Soucek and Lewandowski got good work rate. I can’t exactly remember the rest