Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

Chat FMM21 General Discussion - Winter Update Out Now

36 minutes ago, Ian said:

Can’t defend on the new version. 

When was the last update? I have noticed some huge tactical changes recently as well

9 hours ago, hhooo said:

When was the last update? I have noticed some huge tactical changes recently as well

@Ian @hhooo - as far as I'm aware the last update (on Android) was March 27. Unless there's a new one that doesn't show for me yet. I haven't noticed any changes with my tactics, so I guess maybe it depends on the specific tactic you're using.

In my last season, using a variation on my 4 3 2 1 Defensive tactic, I only conceded 10 goals, although I have a super powered team so there's that. Even when using my crazy overloading tactic in China, I only conceded 12. 

What are you guys seeing?

12 minutes ago, Scratch said:

@Ian @hhooo - as far as I'm aware the last update (on Android) was March 27. Unless there's a new one that doesn't show for me yet. I haven't noticed any changes with my tactics, so I guess maybe it depends on the specific tactic you're using.

In my last season, using a variation on my 4 3 2 1 Defensive tactic, I only conceded 10 goals, although I have a super powered team so there's that. Even when using my crazy overloading tactic in China, I only conceded 12. 

What are you guys seeing?

Biggest differences were with the 2-1-4-1-2 that I used through all of TTR, and some of the super attacking 1 at the back + IWBs tactics. The TTR tactic was extremely sold defensively for that entire save, but I started a new save and it turned to crap immediately. The IWB based tactics fared even worse, and give up 3-6 goals a game against most teams. From the few days of testing I've done, it feels like the core elements of many super aggressive tactics have been made much weaker (corners, overload, iwbs, etc).

9 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Biggest differences were with the 2-1-4-1-2 that I used through all of TTR, and some of the super attacking 1 at the back + IWBs tactics. The TTR tactic was extremely sold defensively for that entire save, but I started a new save and it turned to crap immediately. The IWB based tactics fared even worse, and give up 3-6 goals a game against most teams. From the few days of testing I've done, it feels like the core elements of many super aggressive tactics have been made much weaker (corners, overload, iwbs, etc).

On my TT, I have always used overload but playing the last week I had changed from it to attacking and getting more goals from attacking than overload. So I defo agree with the overload not working as well.

However IWBS’s have been working well for me still, no idea why 😂

Just now, Rich said:

On my TT, I have always used overload but playing the last week I had changed from it to attacking and getting more goals from attacking than overload. So I defo agree with the overload not working as well.

However IWBS’s have been working well for me still, no idea why 😂

I didn't notice any problem with my 1 2 1 3 3. No problems with the IWBs either.

That said, I was in a routine where if we weren't dominating after after 15 mins, I'd switch from Overloading to Attacking or Balanced. So maybe if I'd stuck with overloading all the time I would have had problems.

Also, I had an established team with great dynamics, world class players, very pacy defenders, etc - maybe I'd struggle with a new save too? I don't do much for set pieces to be honest, so didn't notice anything there...