Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Youth facilities and regen quality

Hello, I have a question for any of you, who actually manage to play more than a couple of seasons in a save and know how does it work with the regens.

I'm currently facing a dilemma with  leagues to load for a long term save in Spain, as I want to get the best amount of great affordable regens.

Example: I've checked the youth academies in both Germany and France and French clubs seem to have much better youth facilities. Does it actually mean, there will be more high quality regens coming up in France compared to Germany? Or will there be at any case just toughly the same amount of the French players as at the beginning of the save as they get gradually "reincarnated" after their retirements and the facilities don't influence this?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good leagues to load for affordable future regens? Maybe Argentina or Denmark, but the clubs' facilities there are generally worse (less clubs with Excellent or Superb academies) than in the top leagues such as Italy or France.

Cheers!

I found that leagues with better youth facilities tend to produce better Newgens though it’s very rare but it worth the shot. England got the best one if I wasn’t mistaken with Man City, Chelsea and Man United all got the best youth facilities 

In my experience:

Sometimes players change nationalities when they come back as regens, but normally they stay the same. That means that whichever countries have the best players retiring are going to have the best regens. Countries like Spain, France, Germany, Argentina are all going to have a steady supply of great youngsters appearing. Better than Denmark for eg. 

However, just because those countries have a lot of great players appearing doesn't necessarily mean they will arrive at your club. 😄

Where they end up depends partly on chance, partly on the reputation of your club compared to others in the league, and partly on your youth facilities. So having better youth facilities means you're more likely to get the best youngsters in your country - but it's not a guarantee you will get them.

The other thing I've found about having better youth facilities is that the better they are, the more likely it is that the players coming through your academy (whether great or average) will generally have better hidden attributes, such as Professionalism, Work Rate, Determination, Consistency, Big Games, etc. So it's definitely worthwhile getting the best youth facilities you can.

Edited by Scratch
1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

I found that leagues with better youth facilities tend to produce better Newgens though it’s very rare but it worth the shot. England got the best one if I wasn’t mistaken with Man City, Chelsea and Man United all got the best youth facilities 

Ok, thanks for your reply. Yes, English clubs have by far the best facilities, but I'm not sure, if I want to load England, as I anyways for some reason rarely transfer British players over the Channel. :D

14 minutes ago, Scratch said:

In my experience:

Sometimes players change nationalities when they come back as regens, but normally they stay the same. That means that whichever countries have the best players retiring are going to have the best regens. Countries like Spain, France, Germany, Argentina are all going to have a steady supply of great youngsters appearing. Better than Denmark for eg. 

However, just because those countries have a lot of great players appearing doesn't necessarily mean they will arrive at your club. 😄

Where they end up depends partly on chance, partly on the reputation of your club compared to others in the league, and partly on your youth facilities. So having better youth facilities means you're more likely to get the best youngsters in your country - but it's not a guarantee you will get them.

The other thing I've found about having better youth facilities is that the better they are, the more likely it is that the players coming through your academy (whether great or average) will generally have better hidden attributes, such as Professionalism, Work Rate, Determination, Consistency, Big Games, etc. So it's definitely worthwhile getting the best youth facilities you can.

Interesting, thanks as well. I know that the regens won't all come to my club :D, that's fine. Didn't know about the other factors influencing the regen generation, though. That would mean, that Portugalete from the Spanish 3rd tier or other lower league clubs mostly won't produce as good regens as top tier clubs, despite having a superb academy.

But I guess in my example it's then better to load France, as the clubs in Ligue 1 and 2 have significantly better facilities than their German counterparts and there are also more wonderkids in France than in Germany at the start of the game, so there should be more quality players to turn into regens later down the road.