Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help My first ever stab at a 1kc

Mr B

I've been inspired by @Rob and Old Man Pipi to have a go at a 1kc. I've never tried anything like this so at the minute am just trying to play around with tactics.

I'm testing with Inter so that I can use Lukaku, but the rest of the team seem good but not fantastic for feeding him. Is there a better team to test with? Or should I just sink some time into making some transfers and then save that before testing? What do you guys normally do for testing tactics? 

I tend to play a few test seasons with a mega-club and a mega-team to fine tune a tactic. The Peak Years challenge on here is a good one to do if you are testing stuff. Bayern have a good squad usually to test with.

For your 1kc I would recommend playing at least two-three seasons before posting just so you know for sure that the career is for you.

I’d recommend someone like Haaland for your first ever go when you try the 1kc. A phenomenal striker at a young age and you’ll have plenty of years of him. There is nothing wrong with using the obvious for your first attempt. I used Isak for my first ever, who happened to be one of the best youngsters in the game at the time.

Also, do not get disheartened if it doesn’t start as well as you hoped. Squads tend to take a few season to become your own.

Finally, DO NOT compare yourself to anyone else. It’s your first 1kc and it’s your own experience. Enjoy the ride!

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

I tend to play a few test seasons with a mega-club and a mega-team to fine tune a tactic. The Peak Years challenge on here is a good one to do if you are testing stuff. Bayern have a good squad usually to test with.

For your 1kc I would recommend playing at least two-three seasons before posting just so you know for sure that the career is for you.

I’d recommend someone like Haaland for your first ever go when you try the 1kc. A phenomenal striker at a young age and you’ll have plenty of years of him. There is nothing wrong with using the obvious for your first attempt. I used Isak for my first ever, who happened to be one of the best youngsters in the game at the time.

Also, do not get disheartened if it doesn’t start as well as you hoped. Squads tend to take a few season to become your own.

Finally, DO NOT compare yourself to anyone else. It’s your first 1kc and it’s your own experience. Enjoy the ride!

First time I’ve ever agreed with @Rob😯

One thing I will add is players I know who go awesome, Esposito, Badgi, Muisala (spelling), Haaland is a great pick though. 

Also keep your tactic simple 👍

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't planning on testing for that long in game but it does sound like a good idea! I'll load up Bayern and have a go at a peak years challenge, but only care about the goals. Time to have a play with tactics - I think this will be a slow burner of an attempt

When I did my first 1kc, with Celtic a few weeks back, I finished 2/3 seasons before posting to find out if it was worth posting it up. 

I had tested my tactic with Bayern, a team with lots of money, quality players to start and a easier league.

My advice is to keep it simple. No need to over do your tactic, find a way you want to play and just buy/develop players for that tactic. 

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Muisala (spelling)

Oh my, this is making me mad! 😂

When I first completed my 1kc, I had a little test with Juventus and Lewandowski I believe as he doesn’t have the best aerial and pace to score that much. I’d recommend to test your tactic with someone who has 10-13 aerial and pace so that when your striker has somewhere around 17-19, they would easily score 80 to 100 goals per season.

Another thing I found is when doing your first 1k, choose a team and player you are familiar with. I picked Fabio Silva and FC Porto at the time. Don’t worry much about tactic as if you choose someone like Musiala, you’d have around 5 seasons before he gets to his prime so you can build your team and tactic.

Best of luck mate. Like everyone has said testing is key and pretty much a must.

Playing a few seasons is the best idea as previously noted. This years saves seem to be slow burners no matter what challenge you do. 

👍