Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat What position do you guys hate?

Mov

I personally don’t have a position that I hate as everyone has a place in the right circumstances. Sometimes a defensive midfielder is just right to balance out a formation and other times an attacking mid is what’s needed to create more chances. It all just depends on what I want to do with the tactic and what players I have.

In terms of roles I don’t like then I’m not a massive fan of ball winning midfielders and haven’t been for years since I played the PC game as they just always got booked/sent off. I much prefer my defensive type midfielders to do more than just win the ball which is why I like a deep lying playmaker who can both create and is positionally solid as well.

I’m not a fan of ball playing defenders either as my opinion is that they are there to defend and then give the ball to more creative players and the basic central defender role does that for me so long as you get defenders who can kick a ball straight as well as defend.

I would say I have used every other role in the game to a good level of success.

The only role that irks me is the Libero. They roam from position when defending, but stay in lockstep with the back line when in possession. Makes no sense at all and leaves no good option for a ball carrying CB

29 minutes ago, hhooo said:

The only role that irks me is the Libero. They roam from position when defending, but stay in lockstep with the back line when in possession. Makes no sense at all and leaves no good option for a ball carrying CB

Yeah I’ve tried Libero a couple of times and it seems a massively disappointing and pointless. 

I haven’t had much success with the RP myself and I’ve tried it a couple of times, I just get way more success with the other options in CM.

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Yeah I’ve tried Libero a couple of times and it seems a massively disappointing and pointless. 

I haven’t had much success with the RP myself and I’ve tried it a couple of times, I just get way more success with the other options in CM.

I actually like RP a lot, but it's better at a lower mentality. Like a hybrid of AP and BBM. With high tackling or pressing I like it more than AP. Also works well out of the DM position, maybe better than the CM. 

I’ve been hating NCD for quite a while now. I can’t seems to get it right. It’s the same as Anchor and FB. I have no idea why all my setup testing them never seems to be great

35 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I’ve been hating NCD for quite a while now. I can’t seems to get it right. It’s the same as Anchor and FB. I have no idea why all my setup testing them never seems to be great

what's the difference between NCD and CD? don't they both train the exact same stats?

1 minute ago, tetzki said:

what's the difference between NCD and CD? don't they both train the exact same stats?

NCD is like the old age English defenders. Their job are only to tackle, intercept and clear the ball.

CD is the modern day “limited defenders”. They have reasonable dribbling and passing ability but don’t often go overboard like dribbling halfway line or constant long balls. Think someone like Ruben Dias, Thiago Silva and Merih Demiral. Boateng and Mascherano are some good shouts too.

Really wish they will fix the DM (Every role) rating.Its like no matter how many key passes,interception,tackle won or pass completed, their still get 6 unless their score or provide assist.

15 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

In terms of roles I don’t like then I’m not a massive fan of ball winning midfielders and haven’t been for years since I played the PC game as they just always got booked/sent off. I much prefer my defensive type midfielders to do more than just win the ball which is why I like a deep lying playmaker who can both create and is positionally solid as well.

I love the idea of a Ball Winning Midfielder so persist with it to have a midfield enforcer, but I get what you are saying.  Also notice someone playing with low decisions and positioning will just go chasing the ball and get drawn out of position easily.

Also agree on the ratings of a BWM or even someone playing in central defensive midfielder role, will not get the recognition for a good defensive performance.  Although that is probably true in real life.

Personally I have never had any luck with an inverted winger.

For me its the all the DM roles apart from the RP, I've never mastered their use and even with the RP I'm not sure why it works whereas the DLP doesn't (for me). I really like the idea of the Libero but also haven't got it to work.

Interesting to hear about the IW too... I haven't used it and I don't see it used much on the tactics posted here.

I think some of the roles work well in pairs... which might explain why roles like RP work well for some of us but not others. In one of my setups, he sees a lot of the ball and then with subtle changes he is almost entirely cut out if the game.

IW was the best role to get consistent 8 for me. It may not score or create a bunch of assist but i like the fact that it create somekind of overload on 1 side and drag the opp. FB out of position which allow our WB to overlap easily.

Edited by Spencer08
9 minutes ago, Spencer08 said:

IW was the best role to get consistent 8 for me. It may not score or create a bunch of assist but i like the fact that it create a diamond overload on 1 side and drag the opp. FB out of position which allow our WB to overlap easily.

IWs are amazing with a CM and wingbacks and look for overlap. They won't move and create as much as IFs, but they are much more positionally disciplined and really help make attacking systems work

21 minutes ago, hhooo said:

IWs are amazing with a CM and wingbacks and look for overlap. They won't move and create as much as IFs, but they are much more positionally disciplined and really help make attacking systems work

It also good with BBM + PF combo

Edited by Spencer08

The two position I always try to get working are libero and trequartista. 

tqa works sometimes but libero is terrible in most systems. Sweeper or bpd are more akin to what should be happening but the libero is lost. Doesn’t sweep. Doesn’t break lines. 

1 hour ago, topline said:

The two position I always try to get working are libero and trequartista. 

tqa works sometimes but libero is terrible in most systems. Sweeper or bpd are more akin to what should be happening but the libero is lost. Doesn’t sweep. Doesn’t break lines. 

Idk about you but Treq this year is an absolute game breaking. I often get around 50-100 goals with Trequartista