Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Need help with my tactics

I have been using 4-1-2-2-1 for a long time now and this year I am struggling to make my tactics work  I want to know what I am doing wrong and what to tweak so it is better 

Tactic is not that bad but my results are not as good as they were at the start of the season I feel like my tactics burn out very quickly 

I am using Barcelona and made few signings but team still is not performing as good as they should be 

Also I have tried to use Defensive Midfielder(DM) instead of roaming playmaker but tactic still sucked 

All the replies will be appreciated :)

Screenshot_2021-05-29-20-42-45-767_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-29-20-42-49-043_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-29-20-42-51-824_com.sega.score.jpg

I am far from an expert on this, but are you conceding a lot of goals to one-on-ones? When I had a high line and just a Goalkeeper I found i was letting a lot in. A change to Sweeper Keeper helped cut those through balls out before the forward could get onto them. 

12 minutes ago, Mr B said:

I am far from an expert on this, but are you conceding a lot of goals to one-on-ones? When I had a high line and just a Goalkeeper I found i was letting a lot in. A change to Sweeper Keeper helped cut those through balls out before the forward could get onto them. 

Nah man it has nothing do to with defense it is that my attack is dead and I cant create anything good if I do I barely score  My team barely scores from corners and crosses only they cant do anything other than searching for a cross in to the box where my striker can score 

In that case I don't really know what's the problem. Maybe try switching to wide to stretch out the play. There are others far more qualified than I am though that should be along to help soon. 

2 hours ago, George M9 said:

Nah man it has nothing do to with defense it is that my attack is dead and I cant create anything good if I do I barely score  My team barely scores from corners and crosses only they cant do anything other than searching for a cross in to the box where my striker can score 

Try focussing the passing down both flanks, take overlap and through balls off and add in run at defence. That should help if you're looking for better wide play. Adding wingers unstead of IF would also probably help.

Edited by Schwantz34
11 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Try focussing the passing down both flanks, take overlap and through balls off and add in run at defence. That should help if you're looking for better wide play. Adding wingers unstead of IF would also probably help.

Hmm interesting but I think problem with this tactic for me at least is that my team can't continue playing in the centre and they just pass it to wingbacks and wait for them to run down the wing and cross or wingbacks usually pass to inside forwards and they do the crossing and that is what I don't like I want my team to be able to play through the centre and create chances aswell and I want to know If I can do anything or change roles to do that because I am not a huge fan of crossing game  :)

56 minutes ago, George M9 said:

Hmm interesting but I think problem with this tactic for me at least is that my team can't continue playing in the centre and they just pass it to wingbacks and wait for them to run down the wing and cross or wingbacks usually pass to inside forwards and they do the crossing and that is what I don't like I want my team to be able to play through the centre and create chances aswell and I want to know If I can do anything or change roles to do that because I am not a huge fan of crossing game  :)

Definitely take overlap off then as the first thing. Focus passing centre and maybe change your shape a little to better suit, if you're wanting to go through the middle. Maybe a flat 4-3-3 or something.

14 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Definitely take overlap off then as the first thing. Focus passing centre and maybe change your shape a little to better suit, if you're wanting to go through the middle. Maybe a flat 4-3-3 or something.

Ok  thanks for helping me out