Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Literally Nothing Works

I've had FMM since launch day and I've still been unable to get any Tactic to work for me. 

A pattern I've found is that all tactics are inconsistent. You can create a possession based system which will give you 400 passes 1 week and then the next game you can't get above 150. Or you can create a fast paced counter attacking tactic which ends up dominating possession, but creating no chances. Crosses always hit the defender and never result in goals. 

The opposition foul me constantly but despite having good players, set pieces are a source of no goals. 

I'll concede long shots all the time, no matter the level of opposition and quality of my keeper. 

I look through the tactics suggested here which seem to rely on formations that are so unrealistic I wouldn't consider using them because they're just ridiculous. 

Is it not possible that there's a normal tactic, with a normal formation and typical player roles that works?

I don't expect to win every game, but if I'm a team like Tottenham and I can't get past the Europa League Qualifiers, or lose 3-1 to Burnley with them having 3 times the amount of shots I do, I feel like there's something wrong. 

Please help 😩

Looking for:

- Universal team instructions that won't need to be massively tweaked every game. 

- Typical formations and player roles, no Inverted Wing Backs, with 1 CB and 3 ST formations. 

- Set piece guidance to make the most of the 10,000,000 free kicks and corners that I always seem to get. 

I suggest trying 2-1-4-1-2. It looks overkill but it’s been the most consistent formation I have tried this season. I had good success with 4-2-2-2 and 4-2-3-1 too but not as consistent as this one.

16 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I suggest trying 2-1-4-1-2. It looks overkill but it’s been the most consistent formation I have tried this season. I had good success with 4-2-2-2 and 4-2-3-1 too but not as consistent as this one.

See, this is precisely my point. A 2-1-4-1-2 isn't a typical formation.  

It seems like the match engine can't handle wild systems. 

I saw one earlier that was a flat back 5, with 2 WBs and 2 DMs and 1 IF and it was hammering teams 4-0.🤮

In my long career where it's all about success, I've been using 4-2-3-1 since my first game and I've won everything with Rangers. I think I'm on 14 or 15 SPL titles, 6 straight champions leagues etc.

Maybe you should post your tactic, instructions and players in your line up to see if there can be tweaks made.

Playing with Early Crosses ticked, but using an IF with 8 for crossing will have an effect. Or a TM striker with low Ariel etc..

34 minutes ago, CJ_Randell said:

I saw one earlier that was a flat back 5, with 2 WBs and 2 DMs and 1 IF and it was hammering teams 4-0.🤮

I find the tactic is important for the first few season and then it means absolutely nothing once you’ve built a team full of real world beaters. 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2 seems to be the best conventional formation for me.

2 hours ago, CJ_Randell said:

Isn’t that similar to what Pep does sometimes?

I would say that normal formations - 4321, for example - aren’t actually used in real life so the bizarre game-breaking tactics are more realistic. @FuddledFox and @Ashez did a phenomenal recreation of Liverpool’s tactic which if you looked at it out of context would have looked wild. Pep uses some crazy shapes, most teams rely on an asymmetric overload, etc.

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

Isn’t that similar to what Pep does sometimes?

I would say that normal formations - 4321, for example - aren’t actually used in real life so the bizarre game-breaking tactics are more realistic. @FuddledFox and @Ashez did a phenomenal recreation of Liverpool’s tactic which if you looked at it out of context would have looked wild. Pep uses some crazy shapes, most teams rely on an asymmetric overload, etc.

Right, the starting shape of the tactic isn't deterministic, it all changes based on mentality, roles, PPMs, width, freedom, etc. 

Screenshot_2021-06-04-21-00-46-05_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.thumb.jpg.866795ae671e8853c60d8a93de9fbbb2.jpg

This defends as a flat 4411, despite being a goofy shape on paper. 

15 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Right, the starting shape of the tactic isn't deterministic, it all changes based on mentality, roles, PPMs, width, freedom, etc. 

Screenshot_2021-06-04-21-00-46-05_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.thumb.jpg.866795ae671e8853c60d8a93de9fbbb2.jpg

This defends as a flat 4411, despite being a goofy shape on paper. 

That looks amazing. I assume that’s your 5-in-1?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

That looks amazing. I assume that’s your 5-in-1?

My 5 in 1 first season was actually a 334/3331 with no fullbacks, but second season yeah I moved to this. I first started using this shape back in FM11! I was just thinking about that weird old save and figured I would try it. 

7 hours ago, CJ_Randell said:

I've had FMM since launch day and I've still been unable to get any Tactic to work for me. 

A pattern I've found is that all tactics are inconsistent. You can create a possession based system which will give you 400 passes 1 week and then the next game you can't get above 150. Or you can create a fast paced counter attacking tactic which ends up dominating possession, but creating no chances. Crosses always hit the defender and never result in goals. 

The opposition foul me constantly but despite having good players, set pieces are a source of no goals. 

I'll concede long shots all the time, no matter the level of opposition and quality of my keeper. 

I look through the tactics suggested here which seem to rely on formations that are so unrealistic I wouldn't consider using them because they're just ridiculous. 

Is it not possible that there's a normal tactic, with a normal formation and typical player roles that works?

I don't expect to win every game, but if I'm a team like Tottenham and I can't get past the Europa League Qualifiers, or lose 3-1 to Burnley with them having 3 times the amount of shots I do, I feel like there's something wrong. 

Please help 😩

Looking for:

- Universal team instructions that won't need to be massively tweaked every game. 

- Typical formations and player roles, no Inverted Wing Backs, with 1 CB and 3 ST formations. 

- Set piece guidance to make the most of the 10,000,000 free kicks and corners that I always seem to get. 

Both of my recent ones have been tested on the new update and are still working. You do need to get players for the roles as with any tactic, but they work.

"Literally nothing works" is not literally true, is it? Plenty works, with lots of evidence on this site. Sounds like you want to fight with one hand behind your back, and you're surprised that you keep getting hit.

8 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

"Literally nothing works" is not literally true, is it? Plenty works, with lots of evidence on this site. Sounds like you want to fight with one hand behind your back, and you're surprised that you keep getting hit.

That's helpful. 

Just sharing my experience and requesting some support. 

Nice to see you're a total douche. 

7 hours ago, CJ_Randell said:

Nice to see you're a total douche. 

Also plenty of evidence to the contrary on here. I have two small children - i can see someone being spoon-fed but still having a tantrum and refusing to eat. Your headline is simply untrue and gives a misleading bad impression. 

On 04/06/2021 at 10:07, CJ_Randell said:

Looking for:

I'm not saying this will work for you but I find if you stick long enough with a tactic you eventually change your team to suite the roles and get some success, but the first season is always rubbish unless you pick a big team or you have plenty of money I find, the fun for me is after the first season or 2 because then the 'AI' starts to make random players from any country for you to find.

but I started a career as I do these days without expecting to win every time as that's simply not realistic, not for any team in any league, and those who do brag of the best formation, tactics etc might be right, for their players and that team, but you have to plan, think, jiggle, make harsh decisions, isn't that what a football manager does?

So I don't come on here much these days, I'm 50 next month and a grandad now, but I will say this game never gets boring, it has its highlights, lows, annoyances, and well normal everyday let downs, like you would if you was the manger of a proper club. 

My tactic is simple yet affective for the team I chose and the players I could afford.

IMG_9150.thumb.PNG.9ae6130569316dfb52e43a23221baa7a.PNG

IMG_9151.thumb.PNG.51023608b52255ed01d2fe9c3a2c09b8.PNG

IMG_9152.thumb.PNG.2df4ae7e7654e4e8c9637d838724acf3.PNG

IMG_9153.thumb.PNG.50c97b7774f510070af5a157b4c03a18.PNG

IMG_9154.thumb.PNG.766617f9d5d1765cab31e511a201ac20.PNG

IMG_9155.thumb.PNG.c15a66f270bc6c591dd4914c2cf4601f.PNG

IMG_9156.thumb.PNG.c32aabd0d8641ad0942dc3db43695b22.PNG

I've gone back to a 442 formation and it's working with any team i play with, you don't win them all,  sk  2xwb 2xbpd   2x wgs 2xrpm 1xtm 1xp  attacking balanced fast  

On 04/06/2021 at 11:07, CJ_Randell said:

Where did you see this tactic with the flat back 5?