Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Can we all agree FMM scouts sucks

The reason im saying this shit is because scouts only matters if you want a youth player for your reserves group. The thing is,if they wanna improve scouts,they have to add youth scouts for like youth intake every month instead of a long season where you have to accept 2 players who is a wonderkid potential

Yes. For me the whole scouting system has been one of the main areas of the game that’s needed improving the most for years now as it’s just so same old and become stale and boring but it hasn’t improved at all in the last decade.

For a second I thought you were talking about Stam’s FM Scout website 😂

I agree though it’s very poor made. We barely see any improvement for years and it’s not even useful.

Yeah just use the player search feature. You can set all types of sorting to find the players you are looking for.

I send out scouts on the basis that it will increase the number of visible players (while using attribute masking). Very rarely do I sign a player they recommend as they're either shite, don't fit what I'm looking for or far too expensive for my budget. 

I do like scouts for signing youth prospects though, as its difficult to judge which players will improve the most. If I can even sign a youth scout that is.

I like the scouts. I tend to set my search for some basic parameters (e.g. Decisions, Passing and Teamwork all 12+), and then ask my scouts to review the options. Looking for the players who have the most potential or, in a tie, the fewest red flags! 

Actually having to suffer the alternative now because, in Ireland in the mid-2040's, there are apparently only 9 scouts in the entire game. And none of them want to join me :(

14 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

I like the scouts. I tend to set my search for some basic parameters (e.g. Decisions, Passing and Teamwork all 12+), and then ask my scouts to review the options. Looking for the players who have the most potential or, in a tie, the fewest red flags! 

Actually having to suffer the alternative now because, in Ireland in the mid-2040's, there are apparently only 9 scouts in the entire game. And none of them want to join me :(

A) Looks like it's time to hang on to your retirees. Make your own scouts! 

B) Those red flags (and strengths) are all the valuable information they give you, and I find them helpful. Knowing if someone is good at set pieces, consistent, injury prone, etc is really useful. I would love to see some more personality info from them, though. 

14 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

This. 

I always identify targets my self via the search feature then throw a little scout out there to see if they're as suitable as I thought. Usually I'm looking for injury related traits though as nothing else is that important. Availability is the greatest stat of all. 

On 08/06/2021 at 15:13, Watchhands said:

Wtf? Self scouting? Is that thing real?

sorry for late reply

yeah you can scout yourself using find club or player search 

find club is great for countries that are not loaded in game

but scouts are useful for hidden attribute e.g if you sign a lot of relaxed players or players who "bend the rules" then team morale declines and you get ineffective pressing which is not good for extreme pressing formations.

3 hours ago, Mov said:

Relaxed players or players who "bend the rules" then team morale declines

Is this like their personalities or hidden attributes? Also thx bro i now know better

4 hours ago, Watchhands said:

Is this like their personalities or hidden attributes? Also thx bro i now know better

Yeah hidden attributes is their personality because this year they added dynamics it is better if you find hard working players, determined players because they can increase team training performance, morale and play better in games. That being said if you find a baller that has poor professionalism make sure your cast of players is majority professional because he can damage team professionalism; if you have a lack of team professionalism, this goes for work rate and determination too.

Beware not to sign too many of those kind of players.

sometimes when self scouting and you find a player; look in player personal then look at personality if it says "normal" than send your scout and they should reveal a bit about their personality.

Idk how much more i should add 😂 said quite a lot already

21 minutes ago, Mov said:

Yeah hidden attributes is their personality because this year they added dynamics it is better if you find hard working players, determined players because they can increase team training performance, morale and play better in games. That being said if you find a baller that has poor professionalism make sure your cast of players is majority professional because he can damage team professionalism; if you have a lack of team professionalism, this goes for work rate and determination too.

Beware not to sign too many of those kind of players.

sometimes when self scouting and you find a player; look in player personal then look at personality if it says "normal" than send your scout and they should reveal a bit about their personality.

Idk how much more i should add 😂 said quite a lot already

Think you mean the hidden traits you need to scout for that pop up in scout report under positive (green) or negative(red) not personality.
The personality for me is always listed in player profile page under player personal top right has it listed don’t need scout to show ; adaptable, professional, ambitious, relaxed, unprofessional, selfish, determined etc etc . 🤷🏻‍♂️

46 minutes ago, DIRECTFX said:

Think you mean the hidden traits you need to scout for that pop up in scout report under positive (green) or negative(red) not personality.
The personality for me is always listed in player profile page under player personal top right has it listed don’t need scout to show ; adaptable, professional, ambitious, relaxed, unprofessional, selfish, determined etc etc . 🤷🏻‍♂️

Majority of hidden traits are personality works since it describes how the player approaches the game if you have a lazy player then they have poor work rate. A player that is described as "selfish" or "bends the rules" by a scout describes the player personality and not all players have a distinct personality; most players are listed as "normal" and you don't know what kind of player you will get with a description like that so you scout them to find more about them

this is the scout revealing the hidden trait by giving information about their personality your not always given these details; it is hidden in the game so if a scout report says professional player than that player is a professional player.

If you get enigmatic player or "bends the rules" then that means the player may not take kindly to harsher criticism.

Because most players have "normal" personality it can change from the club culture and mentoring either for better or for worse so that's why you should scout those players because they are quite volatile

All these hidden traits have a rank from 1-20 hidden in game.    

Only a few hidden traits don't have anything to do with personality like injury prone but i didn't explain it to that guy because it seems like he's new to the game so i thought i won't go as in depth as i should.

Edited by Mov