Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help What is the best role for a cam?

I see that some people said that it's ap,some say it's ss,and i even tried attacking midfielder (i don't know what this role does pls explain) and even trequatista(same for this thing also) and they don't even make that great impact. When i use any of these roles they were like "wait im ss?"and they don't even make one shot and get 6 rated and when i put Fernandes on ap he just became a god cuz he scored 4 goals in a game. I don't know how cuz ap roles don't suppose to have that many shots. Damn CAM roles are just very confusing and i never get how it works

Ap- advance playmaker

Ss- Shadow striker

Trequatista can be the most lethal position on the game, if you get the set up right, they will get a lot of goals and assists, a few careers and challenges are based on the No 10’s and I’m pretty confident in saying that most will have used trequatista to get the scores they get. I’ve been using it on my latest career with Joelinton and it’s a pretty good way of getting an average player goals. 

Basically you need to get the tactic to go through your no 10 and the Treq will score and assist for fun 😁

SS is just a more defensive version of trequartista, they block passages, they can pressure the defenders, create play and move into the channels to get into a goal scoring opportunity.

Dennis Bergkamp was a very creative second striker 

AP plays between defense and midfield and creates play from there.

Bruno Fernandes plays like this 

Trequartista means three quarters meaning they play 3/4 up the pitch. They don't defend at all, they are very creative and have an eye for goal, they roam from position, they are very technical and even if they have no more pace or strength as long as they can shoot, pass have decent creativity and decision it will definitely work for older players 30+

Baggio/Totti/Ronaldinho/Kaka all played like this

In todays game; it is rare to find a trequartista.

Edited by Mov
1 hour ago, Mov said:

Trequartista means three quarters meaning

Pretty sure it means attacking midfielder in Italy. I don’t know if what you say is true but as far as I know, it’s a direct translation of attacking midfielder in Italy.

@Watchhands - It really depends on what you want in the game. I really prefer Trequartista as I often deploy my creative roles in midfield and striker instead but AP in attacking midfield could do very well too. Another thing is AP should have a shots. Their main target is to turn defence into attack (according to the game description) though they never said what their role in the final 3rd of the pitch. Generally playmakers in today’s game, they shot quite often. You can really see it in most players like Foden, Grealish, Eriksen, Coutinho, etc.

I had some experiments with AM and SS too. They’re decent. Nothing really special but still rather good if you have the right setup.

As ever, just experiment and see what works. I think trequartista literally has an explanation in the game that says it's like AP but does less defensively. 

I haven't used a 10 at all this year, but last year found SS to be the most effective in that role. Never liked the AM role much. 

This year I've used T to great effect - like @Rich said lots of goal and assists. But if I'm playing a goal scorer challenge, I'll go with AM (which I see as the CM of the attacking midfield) who generally won't take too many goals away from my striker. But yeah, will depend on you particular tactics, and the players you're using, so just experiment a lot.

13 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Pretty sure it means attacking midfielder in Italy

Google search and other footballing sites says otherwise it does mean 3/4

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

I'll go with AM (which I see as the CM of the attacking midfield) who generally won't take too many goals away from my striker.

Does am roles make them a goal scorer or just a regular assist maker?

16 minutes ago, Watchhands said:

Does am roles make them a goal scorer or just a regular assist maker?

I can only tell you how they seem to work for me in my tactics (and my mind might be imagining some of it!):

The AM role seems like more of a team player who plays in that position but isn't particularly attack minded themselves, they chip in and help out in any way they can. For me they don't get many goals and they don't even get that many assists (maybe 15 or so a season), but that could be because most of the assists come from the wingers in my tactics. 

That's perfect for me. I want the assists to go to winger who is chasing 1K assists. I want the goals to go to the striker who is chasing 1K goals. I don't want the AM pinching too many of those. But we seem to score more goals with him there, so I guess he's helping open things up for the others. I do know he'll come deep and wide to link with the wingers (in my particular tactic).

In comparison, I find the T pretty powerful (lots of assists and lots of goals too). The AP is what I used to use and he was in between the AM and the T (too many goals and too many assists for my liking). I've never really used the SS though, so don't know how that compares.

Edited by Scratch

The main difference I've seen between T and SS is the T will move more horizontally, while the SS will stay more central and run past the striker. Both of them run with the ball much more than AP/AM will. 

T in the second line is basically a player on steroids. It’s overpowered and bonkers, and probably injects itself in the bumcheek.