FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

Off Topic Euro “2020” Discussion Thread

The Euros finally start tonight and this is the thread to discuss the tournament. It doesn’t matter who you support at the tournament or even if you are just watching with no team to follow this is where you can share all your thoughts.

Lets kick off with predictions of who will win the tournament. Personally I can’t look any further than 

image.gif.c3d3ed6d431ade38d9bae7527a0e11d3.gif

at the moment.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

2pm is the biggest game of all, come on Wales! But typically I have got my mates wedding today and it starts at half 1, who gets married when the Euros are on???

Your mates?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

The fact he has friends should be enough of a surprise

I’m awesome that’s why!

On another note, just read Sterling will start for England on Sunday, what you guys think of that? Massively out of form.

Holy crap. I hope Eriksen is OK. Pictures on social media suggest he's alive and stable. What a horrific thing to happen. 😪

7 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Holy crap. I hope Eriksen is OK. Pictures on social media suggest he's alive and stable. What a horrific thing to happen. 😪

Cant quite believe it mate. Bloody horrendous seeing him go down like that. Fingers and toes firmly crossed he makes a full recovery.

Awake and awaiting further tests… and the game resumes. I guess the game resuming and the statement from Denmark saying the players would only continue knowing he is ok would suggest he is not in as bad condition as we had all feared, thank goodness.

It’s interesting that a bloke gets his shlong out or a woman flashes her baps and the tv cameras can’t move away quick enough but someone could be potentially dying on a football pitch and the players have to form a shield round what is going on so the bloke can have some dignity.

3 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

It’s interesting that a bloke gets his shlong out or a woman flashes her baps and the tv cameras can’t move away quick enough but someone could be potentially dying on a football pitch and the players have to form a shield round what is going on so the bloke can have some dignity.

Absolutely. Disgrace.

40 minutes ago, Woody said:

And this is why FMM IS realistic 😂😂

Screenshot_2021-06-12-20-34-02.thumb.png.fc7649239ec35ca3017d0d40431d0585.png

36 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Wow. 

@Rob you can have this one mate, pretty sure i had the last one 😉😂

That is incredible. 

3 left backs in the England squad if you count Saka so why wouldn't you play a RB there..... 🤦‍♂️🤣 Will probably work out. You'll sneak a 1-0 due to a dodgy VAR decision.

England thoughts:

• Thought beforehand Southgate picked a smart team. The left-back fiasco was always going to look stupid, but that back line was rock solid;
  • If used right, Mings is a good defender. Phenomenal presence. Saw him live once and he won everything aerially in the box. Stones compliments him well;
  • Sterling was always going to start. It’s between him and Rashford to play the role of ‘run past Kane when he drops in’, which is a lot like how the goal was scored;
  • People moaned about Philips beforehand - they look stupid now;
  • Shame Foden’s shot didn’t creep in;
  • Bellingham. Makes me try to remember what I was doing at that age. Nintendo and FHM probably;
  • Genuinely thought England controlled that. Croatia had more of the ball after the goal, but never threatened really. Southgate managed this game well

Other thoughts:

• Italy are a wonderful tournament nation. Interesting if it’s because Turkey were poor or they were just so good;
  • Dutch looked one dimensional;
  • Wales are awful;
  • Interested to see what the other ‘big’ nations do in their opening games;
  • The third place qualification thing is silly

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Bellingham. Makes me try to remember what I was doing at that age. Nintendo and FHM probably;

At the same age, I'm right here answering Chemistry exam while telling you about it here :D 

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Wales are awful;

The best thoughts you made today

On 12/06/2021 at 19:23, FuddledFox said:

Bit late for this, but apparently if you were watching it on the BBC, it wasn't them who controlled what the camera was showing. It was a UEFA approved agency based in Denmark. 

Personally, I believe the BBC should of cut the feed sooner than they did, even if it was just to a blank screen if the studio & guests were not ready. 

27 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Bit late for this, but apparently if you were watching it on the BBC, it wasn't them who controlled what the camera was showing. It was a UEFA approved agency based in Denmark. 

Personally, I believe the BBC should of cut the feed sooner than they did, even if it was just to a blank screen if the studio & guests were not ready. 

I don’t particularly blame the BBC because although they could have cut back to the studio sooner the people moaning could have used there remote controls. Someone else for the broadcaster doing the pictures was in charge of what was shown and they could have shown a bit more class in there decisions.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

England thoughts:

• Thought beforehand Southgate picked a smart team. The left-back fiasco was always going to look stupid, but that back line was rock solid;
  • If used right, Mings is a good defender. Phenomenal presence. Saw him live once and he won everything aerially in the box. Stones compliments him well;
  • Sterling was always going to start. It’s between him and Rashford to play the role of ‘run past Kane when he drops in’, which is a lot like how the goal was scored;
  • People moaned about Philips beforehand - they look stupid now;
  • Shame Foden’s shot didn’t creep in;
  • Bellingham. Makes me try to remember what I was doing at that age. Nintendo and FHM probably;
  • Genuinely thought England controlled that. Croatia had more of the ball after the goal, but never threatened really. Southgate managed this game well

Other thoughts:

• Italy are a wonderful tournament nation. Interesting if it’s because Turkey were poor or they were just so good;
  • Dutch looked one dimensional;
  • Wales are awful;
  • Interested to see what the other ‘big’ nations do in their opening games;
  • The third place qualification thing is silly

Are we saying 'it's coming home' then? 😂

The heat played its part but i thought they controlled the game well and looked solid throughout. Phillips was brilliant and despite the fact im not Sterlings biggest fan he did have a good game. 

Kane doesnt look fit or he doesnt want to get injured to scupper a summer move but he needs to get about abit more.