Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Euro “2020” Discussion Thread

FuddledFox

Didn’t see the game, but sounds like Germany turned it around well?

This Spain team seems really transitional and I was surprised to see how France played earlier. Italy are still the best so far, but hopefully the Welsh show they aren’t as good as expected tomorrow.

It seems quite an open tournament this time, which is good.

Big Day, come on Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

🥁🥁🥁
Come On Ingerland

🥁🥁🥁

Score sum Fackin Goals

🥁🥁🥁

Help me get sum points on me fantasy football club

Edited by Daejeoncitizenworship
12 minutes ago, Rich said:

Big Day, come on Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

I want a draw but don't want us to play for a draw. We'll get thumped if we do. I'm a realist so I know we'll likely get brushed aside anyway just like the Swiss & the Turks. Let's just get through it without any injuries to key players or any silly suspensions.

Ymlaen! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

I bloody hate us playing this system. It was hit & miss against mediocre opposition so it was bound to fail against a superior team.

Sorry for the Triple post... 😳

So, we finish 2nd in the group & will play 2nd place from Group B which will be Denmark, Finland or Russia.... Would've liked to of seen us go at Italy with our usual team & system but a 1-0 loss under the circumstances is tolerable. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

6 hours ago, Dai_ said:

I want a draw but don't want us to play for a draw. We'll get thumped if we do. I'm a realist so I know we'll likely get brushed aside anyway just like the Swiss & the Turks. Let's just get through it without any injuries to key players or any silly suspensions.

Ymlaen! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Silly suspensions 😢 Genuinely gutted for the lad.

Just now, Rob said:

Silly suspensions 😢 Genuinely gutted for the lad.

I'm torn on the red. I don't think it should've been a red card. I've seen challenges like that in every game and some haven't even seen a yellow, never mind a red. BUT, he shouldn't of given the ref a chance. He'll learn though. He's the obvious replacement in that CM when Allen is done so we don't want to lose that snap out of his game but he needs to know when to do it. I'm just glad it didn't lead to a thrashing where we'd of finished 3rd.

Bloody typical. I so wanted Finland or Russia as I believe we would beat them but of course, we get Denmark. 🤦‍♂️ I just have a bad feeling.

8 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Bloody typical. I so wanted Finland or Russia as I believe we would beat them but of course, we get Denmark. 🤦‍♂️ I just have a bad feeling.

Same here, Denmark will be very tough. Hope we can do it, would be incredible if we go on a run again like 2016.

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

Same here, Denmark will be very tough. Hope we can do it, would be incredible if we go on a run again like 2016.

I'm still chuffed with getting out of the group again. I just feel we're not on the same level as we were 5 years ago. Bale is not the same player. Ramsey IS. Allen has had so many injuries. These are the players we rely on and if only 1 out of 3 is on absolute top form then I fear a run like that is out of our reach. Saying that. We have some other big hitters that can hopefully step up. Rodon has been amazing! Seriously amazing! I'm not convinced on Mepham along side him but it's not the worst partnership. Dan James can skip past any defender. It's just his end product I'm not too sure of. 

I'm hopefully optimistic but I also fear that Danish team and rightfully so. They have real quality. We'll soon see & I'll be a bag of nerves. Can't wait... 🥺🤣

Get what you’re saying lads and it’s all very sweet and lovely, but more importantly England’s qualification for the next round has been confirmed.

11 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I'm still chuffed with getting out of the group again. I just feel we're not on the same level as we were 5 years ago. Bale is not the same player. Ramsey IS. Allen has had so many injuries. These are the players we rely on and if only 1 out of 3 is on absolute top form then I fear a run like that is out of our reach. Saying that. We have some other big hitters that can hopefully step up. Rodon has been amazing! Seriously amazing! I'm not convinced on Mepham along side him but it's not the worst partnership. Dan James can skip past any defender. It's just his end product I'm not too sure of. 

I'm hopefully optimistic but I also fear that Danish team and rightfully so. They have real quality. We'll soon see & I'll be a bag of nerves. Can't wait... 🥺🤣

Agree with all of that, one thing I’ll add is, Kiefer Moore has to start every game from now, he adds so much to our team. Such an all rounder for a big man, fingers crossed for Denmark game.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Get what you’re saying lads and it’s all very sweet and lovely, but more importantly England’s qualification for the next round has been confirmed.

Honestly no one cares mate, who in a right state of mind could care??

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 It’s coming home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

It isn’t, really. All it does is give Southgate an excuse to play players fans want to see tonight.

added 0 minutes later
On 11/06/2021 at 19:12, baturay_ertek12 said:

CHAMPİON TURKEY 🇹🇷🇹🇷🇹🇷

This aged well.

A better start for England but still frustrating. Dont recall Rice playing a forward pass and 3 corners ended up back to Pickford. 

Need to move the ball quicker.

4 minutes ago, Woody said:

A better start for England but still frustrating. Dont recall Rice playing a forward pass and 3 corners ended up back to Pickford. 

Need to move the ball quicker.

I watched the England game for a bit but gone back to Scotland game. But I don’t understand why he needs Phillips and Rice in there, makes you very boring to watch at times. Get Shelvey on. 

22 minutes ago, Rich said:

I watched the England game for a bit but gone back to Scotland game. But I don’t understand why he needs Phillips and Rice in there, makes you very boring to watch at times. Get Shelvey on. 

You are right mate. Its been mega boring 2nd half. 

8 hours ago, Rich said:

I mean it’s Southgate. Couldn’t expect much from the lad.

@Rob thinks it’s coming home lads, says he’s going to die his hair blonde like the players if you win the whole thing 🙈

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

@Rob thinks it’s coming home lads, says he’s going to die his hair blonde like the players if you win the whole thing 🙈

Already done it mate. I’m that confident 

50 minutes ago, Rich said:

I’d blame Sancho if it doesn’t go that way!