Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Euro “2020” Discussion Thread

FuddledFox

England were phenomenal, a pure blitzkrieg at the start of the 2nd half was something else. 

Shaw was f*cking brilliant, delighted to see it. Kane was class. 

When will Gareth win over a lot of England fans that still can't stand the man. I had my doubts about him before this tournament and after the Croatia game too, he has won me over quite a bit since. He's been near perfect this whole tournament and made it to two consecutive semi finals. 

8 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

England were phenomenal, a pure blitzkrieg at the start of the 2nd half was something else. 

Shaw was f*cking brilliant, delighted to see it. Kane was class. 

When will Gareth win over a lot of England fans that still can't stand the man. I had my doubts about him before this tournament and after the Croatia game too, he has won me over quite a bit since. He's been near perfect this whole tournament and made it to two consecutive semi finals. 

Gareth is a smart man that doesn’t fit the standard ‘proper football manager’ stereotype that sheep fans like. He’s made us professional, pragmatic,  and a real tournament team.

People didn’t understand the group stage and how strategic and controlling we were. It’s the same people who don’t understand how Sterling’s movement and ability to get the ball up the pitch is a key component in football.

Gareth has also got us to two semi finals. Yet if Denmark nick a win, which can happen, people will still hate him. It’s hilarious.

A lot of our fans are spoilt brats, as social media clearly demonstrates, but I’ll never understand why as the only time we have won anything was 55 years ago.

It's boring as hell, that first half after the goal Rice's shot aside was hard to watch imo. Especially as you knew they were there for the taking which we went on to prove in the second half. 

However that's how you win international football, I don't like it but I know it's what's needed. 

I'll admit after Klopp I find so many other side's hard to watch, everyone else is boring compared to us when we're playing well, we have that manic factor at times. 

However Rafa was the one who first showed me LFC success and everything he did was built off a solid back bone, off being hard to beat and being compact. That 2005 CL side had no right to lift that title. 

I've seen incredible success from both styles, I know which I'd rather watch but the important thing is is the results. We won nothing when we were at our "heavy metal" best, I have so many memories of that time but we lost multiple finals. It wasn't until we dialed it back we actually had success. 

The left side of this English team is very good I’d say. Shaw will get the plaudits and rightly so as he’s been great but I feel it runs deeper than that. The whole dynamic down the left seems natural which is just what you want with international football. I’d consider that area done now and would be looking to the right with the idea of improving things there.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Gareth is a smart man that doesn’t fit the standard ‘proper football manager’ stereotype that sheep fans like. He’s made us professional, pragmatic,  and a real tournament team.

People didn’t understand the group stage and how strategic and controlling we were. It’s the same people who don’t understand how Sterling’s movement and ability to get the ball up the pitch is a key component in football.

Gareth has also got us to two semi finals. Yet if Denmark nick a win, which can happen, people will still hate him. It’s hilarious.

A lot of our fans are spoilt brats, as social media clearly demonstrates, but I’ll never understand why as the only time we have won anything was 55 years ago.

I agree with this. Even when plays Sterling at City, I find it very frustrating he keeps losing the ball but he’s one of the best at finding spaces and only a few at City who we could say better or on the same level as him. I often have a love-hate feeling for Sterling. I really like him off the pitch as he seems like a very nice person but on the pitch it’s pretty much 50/50.

I would say the 55 titles drought were mainly because too many players play for their club more than country. They rival each other even when playing in the same team. Compared to the current generation, they grew up together as friends and have good relationships since youth days. The likes of Foden, Mount, Rice, Sancho, Saka, James, Bellingham and Arnold had know each other for years and they are having a more healthy rivalry than the past group of generations.

Was it just me or did anyone else cheer even louder when yal seen Hendo jump and score?? I know I did and I'm not a LFC fan but still man deserves it

6 hours ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Was it just me or did anyone else cheer even louder when yal seen Hendo jump and score?? I know I did and I'm not a LFC fan but still man deserves it

Beautiful moment, beautiful man. 

Rumoured that there's just one change for tonight's game, Saka in for Sancho, thoughts? 

I think Gareth is again playing it smart and I fancy England tonight, they have looked too solid to breakdown and going forward theyve gotten stronger as the tournament goes on

Granted I am biased but I'd feel so much better with Henderson in that midfield. A leader with some composure, as to me the midfield feels a little rash. Obviously it would have been harsh on the lads who got us this far but Hendo is Hendo and the unofficial captain.

Great strike that was, this will really show what England are made of now, plenty of options on the bench to change this.

Fair play England, I'm so excited for this final, my head says Italy, my heart says England. I'd love England to do it, to shut everyone up. I'm not even English 😂😂😂 and I find myself arguing for them, when my brother or other idiots flat out refuse to give England credit for the work they've done. 

COME ON ENGLAND! 

I am so confused, I woke up a couple of times during the night here, once at 1am looked at my phone and realised that England were playing at 3am (here), went back to sleep then woke up again and I swear that I'd looked at the score and it was 1-1 and Denmark had won on penalties. But I looked at the score again when I got up properly and it was 2-1 in extra time...

I'm guessing I must have just looked at the end of normal time and assumed England had lost another semi-final.

3 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

I am so confused, I woke up a couple of times during the night here, once at 1am looked at my phone and realised that England were playing at 3am (here), went back to sleep then woke up again and I swear that I'd looked at the score and it was 1-1 and Denmark had won on penalties. But I looked at the score again when I got up properly and it was 2-1 in extra time...

I'm guessing I must have just looked at the end of normal time and assumed England had lost another semi-final.

That's some good wacky backy by the sounds of it 😂

The ‘Southgate is sh*t’ and ‘why is Sterling starting?’ muppets have definitely gone quiet on the social the past few weeks. Morons. Brilliant tournament manager and potential player of the tournament.

Had Kasper not had a worldie we would have beaten them more comfortably yesterday. Their goal was a proper thunderbastard, which Pickford had no chance with despite what pundits say when being gifted the opportunity to watch in slo-mo.

Absolutely love that Gareth took Grealiah off. He is a strong, willed and intelligent manager whose team buys in to his strategy. Jack will have understood why.

Great result and a throughly deserved trip to the final to come.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

The ‘Southgate is sh*t’ and ‘why is Sterling starting?’ muppets have definitely gone quiet on the social the past few weeks. Morons. Brilliant tournament manager and potential player of the tournament.

Had Kasper not had a worldie we would have beaten them more comfortably yesterday. Their goal was a proper thunderbastard, which Pickford had no chance with despite what pundits say when being gifted the opportunity to watch in slo-mo.

Absolutely love that Gareth took Grealiah off. He is a strong, willed and intelligent manager whose team buys in to his strategy. Jack will have understood why.

Great result and a throughly deserved trip to the final to come.

I'm one of the idiots that been slightly silenced about Southgate. Although, I didn't say he wasn't a good manager. My points were all aimed at the way he was seemingly holding back a potentially dominant attacking team. Whilst he has let the shackles off a bit, I still think that England team could be seriously scary. I would hate it but it's a possibility if he's brave enough.

10 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I'm one of the idiots that been slightly silenced about Southgate. Although, I didn't say he wasn't a good manager. My points were all aimed at the way he was seemingly holding back a potentially dominant attacking team. Whilst he has let the shackles off a bit, I still think that England team could be seriously scary. I would hate it but it's a possibility if he's brave enough.

But I like you so you aren’t an idiot 🤣

18 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

What’s he going to stick up his arse if England actually go and win the thing 😳

image.jpeg.e7d8c736cbbdf95870fee7fb00541e9a.jpeg

That’s actually @Rich. He lost a bet that England wouldn’t get to the final.

England fans utterly embarrassing themselves again I see. Storming Wembley, fighting, bottle throwing and the usual shit. I just don't get it. 

I'm stuck at home watching it with the missus (have to isolate as she has an operation later in week), I'd love to be out and being able to enjoy it with people but it was always going to end like this 😂

God help us if we don't win 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Rob said:

That’s actually @Rich. He lost a bet that England wouldn’t get to the final.

Pretty sure he lost 5 bets after saying “England won’t go through this round” repeatedly