• Club Legend at Newcastle
    • How far can you take them with York FC
    • Everyone's a goalscorer with an Italian team
    • Germanic or Latin Europe Goal Challenge
    • Maradona/Napoli Challenge
    • Something else?
    • Augusta or History Lane Challenge

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/06/21 at 16:00

Since finishing off my UK goal challenge, I haven't been able to get into a new career at all...

I've tried some of the Badges of Honour that I haven't done yet, nope couldn't even get into November...

I've tried resurrecting my Napoli - Maradona career, I just couldn't get the team playing a way that seemed good enough.

I've tried the 7 formations 1 team challenge, as I thought of trying a challenge where I didn't need to sign players, but didn't even get past the first month.

Does anyone have any ideas for a new career for me?

I'll give you all until midnight 20th June to choose for me!

Edited by geordiekrispy

After my current career, I'm going to try something I'm calling 'in the red.' 

Start at a team with insecure finances, and play every single player out of position (only red, no orange/yellow /green), including keeper. I have no idea how feasible it is so I haven't decided what the benchmarks should be! 

1 minute ago, hhooo said:

After my current career, I'm going to try something I'm calling 'in the red.' 

Start at a team with insecure finances, and play every single player out of position (only red, no orange/yellow /green), including keeper. I have no idea how feasible it is so I haven't decided what the benchmarks should be! 

lol that sounds insane. I think the only benchmark should be not getting fired!

14 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

lol that sounds insane. I think the only benchmark should be not getting fired!

I would have to change it, since apparently there are zero clubs that start with insecure finances...?

That might be the single least realistic thing in this game. 

So we'll change it to a club that has red tier training and youth facilities, and okay finances while playing everyone out of position. 

1 hour ago, Kun Aguero said:

Ever think about the Augusta National Club challenge? I'm sure @Rich and @broodje kip can tell you how "interesting" that one is 😂

Or my History Lane challenge similar to that one, would really love to see someone attempt that tbh

I hadn't seen that challenge...
I was tempted to put the Augusta challenge, but I feel it's a bit long. But that might be what I need, something like TTR which has a hook to keep me interested every season.

edit: the more I look at it, and had a quick read of your career, I'm tempted by the History Lane challenge, but damn it would be a long hard slog!

Edited by geordiekrispy
2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

You can try the Augusta National Golf Club Challenge. It’s a very long but interesting career. You can ask @Rich how interesting it is.

I feel like I'd want to do Augusta as a H2H as it seems to work best in that format.

Just now, geordiekrispy said:

I feel like I'd want to do Augusta as a H2H as it seems to work best in that format.

The question is…. With who? 👀

Just now, broodje kip said:

The question is…. With who? 👀

No idea, I'm happy to wait until the next version of FMM comes out and see who's up for it though...

I wonder if anybody will ever take on the 

Now this will show the men from the boys if ever attempted, I attempted it and it is HARD!!!!!! Your players basically play out of place when too many injuries, you have to trawl through teams who have a good amount of reserve players to give it some length, training them is hard for other positions, and obviously, if you do go up, it gets harder as the team start to wither away either being crap, want to leave, or simply give up!!

8 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

I wonder if anybody will ever take on the 

Now this will show the men from the boys if ever attempted, I attempted it and it is HARD!!!!!! Your players basically play out of place when too many injuries, you have to trawl through teams who have a good amount of reserve players to give it some length, training them is hard for other positions, and obviously, if you do go up, it gets harder as the team start to wither away either being crap, want to leave, or simply give up!!

It's one of my options. I've done some research and it looks like York have the biggest squad when the game starts.

I went for the club legend at Newcastle, just because it’s Newcastle I think. To be honest Augusta is good but it killed me, took me a long while to get back in to FMM since 😂

15 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

It's one of my options. I've done some research and it looks like York have the biggest squad when the game starts.

Seriously good luck, I trawled through all the lower league teams, found a few good ones, but actually they just didn't want to take to any Tactics I chose, they simply remind me of my Sunday League days, playing in cold, wet and crap pitches, still half cut from the night before, that's how I see this challenge playing out 🤣

I think I'm going to cut the voting shorter than I originally planned. This poll will now end at 00:00 on Saturday 19/06/2021.

There is a current leader and I've been doing some testing and it seems feasible...

Edited by geordiekrispy

Two ideas I've been thinking of but probably don't have time to do:

• Playing Newcastle with no new signings, just youth players, mainly to test myself but probably pretty grim. 😄
  • Doing something with Christian Erikson, maybe goals and assists. Not sure of a particular target. I don't think it quite lines up with the peak year challenges, but it's been a while since I looked at them.

Not sure if either will appeal, you have plenty of good ideas above!

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

• Playing Newcastle with no new signings, just youth players, mainly to test myself but probably pretty grim. 😄
  • Doing something with Christian Erikson, maybe goals and assists. Not sure of a particular target. I don't think it quite lines up with the peak year challenges, but it's been a while since I looked at them.

I think the no new signing at Newcastle could work, just improving the facilities and keeping them up would be tough enough!

I know what you mean, I started my Napoli save initially when Maradona had just died but I just lost interest in it as I couldn't get it working how I wanted.

1 hour ago, geordiekrispy said:

I think the no new signing at Newcastle could work, just improving the facilities and keeping them up would be tough enough!

I know what you mean, I started my Napoli save initially when Maradona had just died but I just lost interest in it as I couldn't get it working how I wanted.

Yeah, thankfully Christian's okay, but there was that horrible horrible moment when we all held our breath (I was up late watching it). I'm just so glad he pulled through. It's probably not great to jump from that moment to "Oh, let's use him in a save because he almost died", but it got me to thinking that he's such a great player in real life, but one I never ever ever use in game and I feel like I should put that right sometime...

Edited by Scratch
28 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I was thinking of doing national teams at club level and Denmark was one of my candidates, seeing what we could win with only one or two nations. Maybe have a vote for one nation, you chose the second?