FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dai_

Career Dai's going strikerless! (Season 9)

That's the worst feeling. It'll never be the same if you try to do it again. Something something the real friends were the goals we scored along the way, right? 

Dai, gutted about the saving error. Really sucks that we only have 4 saved game slots.

You mentioned that you were going to share your tactic at the end of the career.

Do you still have it?

4 hours ago, Sarge said:

Dai, gutted about the saving error. Really sucks that we only have 4 saved game slots.

You mentioned that you were going to share your tactic at the end of the career.

Do you still have it?

Yes, I still have it. I was only going to share the formation. Not the entire tactic. Its going to have to wait though as I'm busy at the moment. 😉

2 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Yes, I still have it. I was only going to share the formation. Not the entire tactic. Its going to have to wait though as I'm busy at the moment. 😉

Share it after you’ve done the Strikerless 1kc with another club if you are going to share it (which I personally think you should not) - don’t give it away now!

39 minutes ago, Rob said:

Share it after you’ve done the Strikerless 1kc with another club if you are going to share it (which I personally think you should not) - don’t give it away now!

You really feel quite strongly about this don't you. 🤣 I might share it. I might not. I'll be using it again so makes sense to keep it to myself, for now.

5 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

You really feel quite strongly about this don't you. 🤣 I might share it. I might not. I'll be using it again so makes sense to keep it to myself, for now.

I do, yes, as you’ve worked hard on it and it’s an area I am passionate on.

Gutted for you Dai, such a shit feeling, I did exactly the same with my Joelinton one last week, that bloody World Cup eh🤬

Great career though mate, you smashed it!

15 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Dai, if you don't want to share, and attempt the challenge again, then please do so. I don't get much time to play at the moment, i was just curious of the make-up of your tactic.

OMG, I was just catching up on this only to find out what happened. That's so gutting, one season short of the 1KC and sure to go a long way. I'm so sorry for you mate. Would love to see you do it again sometime.

As for this part:

On 09/07/2021 at 16:32, Dai_ said:

De Ligt's 30 odd games a season were spread out as I use my "first" team in Champions Cup & French Cup games and an all Spanish 11 for the League games. It's something I've always done, tbh.

It's quite frequent that these "first team" players get a bit annoyed now and again. Usually I just reassure them and play them in the next game but now and again certain players lose the trust in me and therefore, they're of no use. 😁

These days I build two equal teams and rotate them every game, no matter who the opposition is or what the competition. My challenge striker(s) will be in both teams obviously (though I rest them occasionally). Doing it that way seems to prevent players getting annoyed. If they miss two or three games, they are much more likely to throw a hissy fit, but one is normally fine.

27 minutes ago, Scratch said:

OMG, I was just catching up on this only to find out what happened. That's so gutting, one season short of the 1KC and sure to go a long way. I'm so sorry for you mate. Would love to see you do it again sometime.

As for this part:

These days I build two equal teams and rotate them every game, no matter who the opposition is or what the competition. My challenge striker(s) will be in both teams obviously (though I rest them occasionally). Doing it that way seems to prevent players getting annoyed. If they miss two or three games, they are much more likely to throw a hissy fit, but one is normally fine.

The shining light is that I might be the first person to get 100 club goals in a season using a strikerless formation. That's an achievement I can be proud of.

It still annoys me that I was foolish enough to save over it. I must have been super tired because the amount of times I've saved a game whilst being in a similar state of tiredness and never managed to do it before is pretty crazy.

I might give it another go, either with Moriba again or someone else but it won't be until after the World Cup.

14 hours ago, Dai_ said:

The shining light is that I might be the first person to get 100 club goals in a season using a strikerless formation. That's an achievement I can be proud of.

That's amazing! Well done mate, I wouldn't have thought it was possible

Just read through all this, that is absolutely amazing lad! Hats off to you, so unlucky to save over it, there should be more slots available for us 😕 WD again lad! 

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

That's amazing! Well done mate, I wouldn't have thought it was possible

It's sort of why I want to share the tactic. Just to show how I've played since the very start. Absolutely zero tinkering. I just went a bit defensive when playing better teams once I'd scored one or two.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, leedsunited87 said:

Just read through all this, that is absolutely amazing lad! Hats off to you, so unlucky to save over it, there should be more slots available for us 😕 WD again lad! 

Cheers bud. It's even more annoying because I was enjoying it so much and planned to carry on as far as possible. Ah well. I might have another go at some point. Thanks again.

20 hours ago, Dai_ said:

This doesn’t count as the career wasn’t finished.

JOKES! 🤣

Please try this again one day. I was genuinely loving it and was going to be my nomination for career of the year.