Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Vibe FC - Postponded🚫

MID-SEASON REVIEW (SEASON 2)

• League Table
Spoiler

AFD3C337-6653-4ADC-9C85-E8DE8B448F37.thumb.jpeg.04213623656284249f0d37b588d6637e.jpeg

Exactly at the half-way point of the season we sit on top of the table, however the competition is much closer this year and the teams we’re playing against seem more competent. Only one loss is a great achievement but we can’t afford to take our foot off the pedal as Notts County and Boreham Wood aren’t far off and will definitely fancy their chances to take our crown, should they have the opportunity to do so.

• Fixtures
Spoiler

96A7FCD5-76AD-4414-814D-459B4858196C.thumb.jpeg.16c4fd29ce3844f94c55919d4bb51e66.jpeg7AFDBE40-0F34-4E8B-B77C-460F626B00D8.thumb.jpeg.4778ab070b588704dc64c976774664c0.jpegD95DECB4-2424-43B5-8C2D-6FED5B049A24.thumb.jpeg.9cdfcffc8d81a7d6a6a79e3378bb3d56.jpeg

As you can see from the fixtures list, we’re still a force to be reckoned with and we’ve definitely dominated some matches but there has been a few lacklustre performances here and there. Our first loss came at the hands of Barnet which was quite annoying as it was the game before the update - would’ve been nice to see no red at all😄 We’re still in both cup competitions too but we have a tough opponent in the Third Round of the FA Cup. I’ll give you a hint - one of our own players is a massive supporter of this team👀.

• Player Stats
Spoiler

806C4495-170C-4BEA-BBC8-2341D5425DCA.thumb.jpeg.956dfde1fd5016d26fa0543a5f8c8818.jpegA89EB818-ABAC-43F8-BE87-12097774C1EA.thumb.jpeg.560b894a4050ebf1e335bc3fbf856d68.jpegF91896F6-6E5D-4201-8F66-EE549DFB0EBC.thumb.jpeg.8151cc8c4d71b0f37f119cfe6937ca4e.jpeg

Really impressive so far! A step up the leagues didn’t seem to bother almost all of our players who have done absolutely wonderful things and maintained their high-flying form from last season. Only @Daejeoncitizenworship/Williams has an average rating below 7.00. In terms of changes in the squad rotation:

@broodje kip/Sandwich⬇️(7.07) @Rob/Amazeballs⬆️(7.53)

@Rehans/Panjaitan⬇️(7.13) @DanEnglish/English⬆️(7.42)

@Rich/Davies⬇️(7.62) @StuartM/Boothy⬆️(7.95)

Would you guys like to see me sign some defensive reinforcements so that the we have some competition there? Those are the only positions that don’t have 2 OG players to rotate with each game and I think we might struggle further on if we’re having to give greyed-out players contracts in the Prem. Let me know😄.

There we have it! I’ll try my best to get through as much of the season as I can today but won’t be very active at the weekend so the end-of-season update probably won’t be out until Monday/Tuesday. Hopefully we manage to stay on course and earn ourselves a promotion to the Football League and you guys earn yourselves a pay increase😄

Edited by L_Dotz
4 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

That technique and pace 👀

Is he the new Theo Walcott?

Hmm.. maybe Lucas Moura. The gaffer doesn’t like any mention of Arsenal when it comes to his own players😂.

6 minutes ago, L_Dotz said:

Hmm.. maybe Lucas Moura. The gaffer doesn’t like any mention of Arsenal when it comes to his own players😂.

Aaron Lennon it is! 

1 minute ago, hhooo said:

Aaron Lennon it is! 

How could I forget about him🤦🏽‍♂️ I’m disappointed in myself.

1 hour ago, L_Dotz said:

MID-SEASON REVIEW (SEASON 2)

Wow great season so far!

• @YungGaffer / Yashin - should survive Putin’s threats to take out the GK, with decent 7.10 ratings. Safe.
  • Defence - am surprised none of the back 4 have scored so far this season (are they coming up for corners? Or do we just not get any?). Surprising.
  • @hhooo / Lahm-Peters - already has 4 assists for a left footed RB. Impressive.
  • Midfield - surprised you replaced BOTH central midfielders. Plus @broodje kip / Sandwich got lower average ratings despite a solid 4 assists. Odd.
  • @Rob / Amazeballs - impressive +7.50 ratings from central midfield, with 2 goals, 2 assists + 2 MOTM. Promoted.

Also there’s an interesting tactical analysis here...

• 1st team inside forwards @Woody + @Kun Aguero / Zlatan have been much more clinical / effective than our 2nd team inside forwards (20 goals combined vs only 6).
  • Yet 2nd team AMC @leedsunited87 / Eddie the Tank is playing much better than 1st team Sir @Titjes (4 goals + 9 assists vs ZERO goals + 6 assists).
  • Plus our 2nd team’s MC have much higher average ratings than our 1st team’s MC (7.5 vs 7.1)
  • THEREFORE - does this mean that our 1st team are playing more to the IFs, while the 2nd team are playing more through the CM/AMCs?

QUESTION - Any ideas why there’s this structural difference? 

Edited by DanEnglish
1 minute ago, StuartM said:

Goals, assists and ratings and being shared pretty nicely there. Good work Gaffer!

Hear Hear! Fully agree. 

PS. @StuartM - you’ve scored a goal a game. Doesn’t matter what division we’re in - that is impressive.

Is @StuartM / Andy Booth the new Jamie Vardy?!?! 

22 minutes ago, MyTacticsSuck said:

Mate what tactics are the team using?

I’ve been obsessed with this tactic in the lower leagues and it actually works really well at bigger teams too! Had a great run with it in my Southend United save and decided to run with it for this. Obviously I’m very open to any suggestions and changes but it is a very standard 4231 with literally 2 settings changed. I am using IFs instead of Ws just because it suits the players we have and it also shares the goals out a bit more. Works wonders as you can see😄.

12 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Wow great season so far!

• @YungGaffer / Yashin - should survive Putin’s threats to take out the GK, with decent 7.10 ratings. Safe.
  • Defence - am surprised none of the back 4 have scored so far this season (are they coming up for corners? Or do we just not get any?). Surprising.
  • @hhooo / Lahm-Peters - already has 4 assists for a left footed RB. Impressive.
  • Midfield - surprised you replaced BOTH central midfielders. Plus @broodje kip / Sandwich got lower average ratings despite a solid 4 assists. Odd.
  • @Rob / Amazeballs - impressive +7.50 ratings from central midfield, with 2 goals, 2 assists + 2 MOTM. Promoted.

Also there’s an interesting tactical analysis here...

• 1st team inside forwards @Woody + @Kun Aguero / Zlatan have been much more clinical / effective than our 2nd team inside forwards (20 goals combined vs only 6).
  • Yet 2nd team AMC @leedsunited87 / Eddie the Tank is a laying much better than 1st team Sir @Titjes (4 goals + 9 assists vs ZERO goals + 6 assists).
  • Plus our 2nd team’s MC have much higher average ratings than our 1st team’s MC (7.5 vs 7.1)
  • THEREFORE - does this mean that our 1st team are playing more to the IFs, while the 2nd team are playing more through the CM/AMCs?

QUESTION - Any ideas why there’s this structural difference? 

I see what you’re saying, it does seem a bit weird especially since there’s been no changes in the tactics at all in games🤔. Might be down to player traits? Or positional abilities… who knows?🤷🏽‍♂️ Mind you - @leedsunited87/Eddie takes the penalties when @Kun Aguero/Zlatan isn’t playing.

10 minutes ago, StuartM said:

Goals, assists and ratings and being shared pretty nicely there. Good work Gaffer!

I’m trying to be as fair as possible with game time to be honest. Certain factors get in the way, like injuries and international duties, but it’s good to see that the players are turning up when called upon and no one seems to be complaining about their game time, which is always good😄.

Edited by L_Dotz
5 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Hear Hear! Fully agree. 

PS. @StuartM - you’ve scored a goal a game. Doesn’t matter what division we’re in - that is impressive.

Is @StuartM / Andy Booth the new Jamie Vardy?!?! 

Liking that comparison, he too has done a job at all levels... hopefully a sign of things to come!

Also, win, lose or draw - lets have a party!

1 minute ago, StuartM said:

Liking that comparison, he too has done a job at all levels... hopefully a sign of things to come!

Also, win, lose or draw - lets have a party!

That’s the spirit!😄

10 minutes ago, L_Dotz said:

I see what you’re saying, it does seem a bit weird especially since there’s been no changes in the tactics at all in games🤔. Might be down to player traits? Or positional abilities… who knows?🤷🏽‍♂️ Mind you - @leedsunited87/Eddie takes the penalties when @Kun Aguero/Zlatan isn’t playing.

Just saw your edit & that probably is the missing piece. Set pieces. Penalties probably account for most/all of@leedsunited87 / Eddie’s 4 goals (but not the extra assists), and @Kun Aguero / Zlatan extra goals. Then the rest could be due to free kicks & corners. Makes sense!

This just happened and I couldn’t let it go without showing you guys!

Spoiler

B0270C58-3D88-401D-884F-D1F5FCB7C026.thumb.jpeg.151edfab2f4d2ab9297201e4a677c52d.jpeg34042273-9A58-4B39-8234-7CBBFD38093B.thumb.jpeg.a57c0645649fcebd0800c4f0274bc6dc.jpeg92212602-C44C-45F9-AE16-66E609AB4946.thumb.jpeg.a2fb0279744abecb9f3c396df1498d3d.jpeg

What a performance! @Rhewi/Fuchs with a massive 5 goals and @Rich/Davies grabbing a brace too! @Rehans/Panjaitan with a hat-trick of assists - brilliant.

12 minutes ago, L_Dotz said:

Hide contents

B0270C58-3D88-401D-884F-D1F5FCB7C026.thumb.jpeg.151edfab2f4d2ab9297201e4a677c52d.jpeg34042273-9A58-4B39-8234-7CBBFD38093B.thumb.jpeg.a57c0645649fcebd0800c4f0274bc6dc.jpeg92212602-C44C-45F9-AE16-66E609AB4946.thumb.jpeg.a2fb0279744abecb9f3c396df1498d3d.jpeg

What a performance! @Rhewi/Fuchs with a massive 5 goals and @Rich/Davies grabbing a brace too! @Rehans/Panjaitan with a hat-trick of assists - brilliant.

Wtf?! 😂😂

19 minutes ago, L_Dotz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow. That’s impressive. Some other notes:

• Substitute DanEnglish (BIAS!) has a 100% pass completion rate. Solid.
  • Explosive star striker @Rich Davies only won ONE of his TEN aerial duals - despite having a 14 for aerial & 16 strength stats in a 10-0 win. Wasteful.
  • Left footed central midfielder @Rehans / Panjaitan provides 9 key passes and 3 assists, before being taken off. Creative.
1 minute ago, DanEnglish said:

Agreed. @L_Dotz rocks!

Don’t make me blush!😂

Just had a thought - obviously I’m currently just training players in the roles that suit the team but if anyone wants to change their trained role (for example: maybe @hhooo/Lahm-Peters fancies to train as a IWB, as opposed to a FB so he can get his first team goal) to suit them personally, I am more than happy yo do that for you. So I'd change your trained attributes and also the role in-game. I would adjust the tactic accordingly but any input from all you guys is always welcome.

7 minutes ago, L_Dotz said:

Don’t make me blush!😂

Just had a thought - obviously I’m currently just training players in the roles that suit the team but if anyone wants to change their trained role (for example: maybe @hhooo/Lahm-Peters fancies to train as a IWB, as opposed to a FB so he can get his first team goal) to suit them personally, I am more than happy yo do that for you. So I'd change your trained attributes and also the role in-game. I would adjust the tactic accordingly but any input from all you guys is always welcome.

@DanEnglish to be a DMC position / deep lying playmaker role / plus a specific focus on Stamina please. 

22 minutes ago, L_Dotz said:

Don’t make me blush!😂

I would love that! Playing as an IWB would be great. Maybe focus training on technique, if you don't mind, boss? 

Edited by hhooo
39 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

@DanEnglish to be a DMC position / deep lying playmaker role / plus a specific focus on Stamina please. 

27 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I would love that! Playing as an IWB would be great. Maybe focus training on technique, if you don't mind, boss? 

All done chaps 😄

6 minutes ago, L_Dotz said:

All done chaps 😄

I've made a terrible mistake, that focus should be on teamwork! Sorry! 

10 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I've made a terrible mistake, that focus should be on teamwork! Sorry! 

Phew. Am glad you changed that. Was thinking you’ve already got such high technique and we’re not even in League 2 yet. Teamwork is a better choice <thumbs up>