Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Rich’s Random Questions


Rich
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Best three films are ever Jurassic Park, Home Alone, and Barb Wire.

Jurassic Park ,good shout!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rob said:

Best three films are ever Jurassic Park, Home Alone, and Barb Wire.

I see you are a fan of Kevin de Bruyne

Link to comment
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rob said:

Best three films are ever Jurassic Park, Home Alone, and Barb Wire.

Haha! I watched Barb Wire the other day. Not planning on it but it was there when I was looking for something to fall asleep to and you're not going to not watch it... I forgot how ridiculously brilliant it was. Pammy in her prime. 😍 (we're talking about the same Barb Wire, yeah?)

I also watched all the Jurassic Parks last week too. Great films! I can't argue with Home Alone either. Good choices, Sir. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Haha! I watched Barb Wire the other day. Not planning on it but it was there when I was looking for something to fall asleep to and you're not going to not watch it... I forgot how ridiculously brilliant it was. Pammy in her prime. 😍 (we're talking about the same Barb Wire, yeah?)

I also watched all the Jurassic Parks last week too. Great films! I can't argue with Home Alone either. Good choices, Sir. 

Hah, that’s the one. Unintentionally hilarious and the best opening scene ever.

I actually couldn’t really decide on a third hence the joke entry. I love some of the films you guys all mentioned.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

B01FC11A-028E-4321-8091-D46EC0AE5444.thumb.jpeg.e09f2ff4bdc99aba5d57508dbbd39023.jpeg
 

Some great movies guys, I’m sure it will make me go back and watch a few 😁


Question 3

Who was/were your football heroes growing up? 

I had two growing up, Gary Speed a Welsh legend, who also was a Newcastle legend, so what wasn’t there to love. Then we have the obvious choice, Alan Shearer, I don’t think I need to explain why 😍

Look forward to hearing yours guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rich said:

B01FC11A-028E-4321-8091-D46EC0AE5444.thumb.jpeg.e09f2ff4bdc99aba5d57508dbbd39023.jpeg
 

Some great movies guys, I’m sure it will make me go back and watch a few 😁


Question 3

Who was/were your football heroes growing up? 

I had two growing up, Gary Speed a Welsh legend, who also was a Newcastle legend, so what wasn’t there to love. Then we have the obvious choice, Alan Shearer, I don’t think I need to explain why 😍

Look forward to hearing yours guys.

I'd love to say something different for arguments sake but I can't. Those are the same for me. 😊

The only thing I will say is that I loved Jorge Campos too. I was always drawn towards goalkeepers and I think everyone can agree, he stood out more than any other.

EtPBg86XEAMemc0.jpg.829bd8951ba3271461619b75dab34b3f.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I was a kid, I often watch Kaka plays. Those AC Milan and Real Madrid days were 🔥. I changed to Griezmann as I grew older and got more interested in stuffs like pressing, exploiting spaces, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd have to say they were all Newcastle players and the era I grew up was Keegan's entertainers... so... Ginola was amazing to watch and Beardsley in his second Newcastle stint was amazing to watch link up with Cole and Ferdinand and then Shearer in his first season at the club.

But my first game was Newcastle vs West Ham with Mickey Quinn grabbing a winner in 1989 (but I swear Brock scored but nufc.com has it down as Kristensen 🤷‍♂️).

I've always liked Rob Lee and Gary Speed, there's something about that hard tackling playmaking midfielder that's always appealed. Speed's ability to run in to the box late on corners was amazing, only rivaled by Nolan later on to be honest.

Reading up on Beardo makes me want to make a challenge to replicate his career, just not his coaching career as that's been kind of marred by him being an idiot, but one of his age range and time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One I can't really answer tbh, as I've said before as a kid I always enjoyed playing football but it was never something I wanted to watch. The 2002 World Cup is the first vivid actually watching football memory I have, then I know I was watching Liverpool by 2004. I was always Liverpool as a kid as that's the shirts I had and all that so Owen is the main one to came to mind, yet I'm not that fond on him now. 

If you rephrase the question to my first footballing love? Well that's obviously Fernando Torres. I'll never face heartbreak like that and I'll never "love" like that again 😂. Suarez and Salah are much better players but they don't compare to Torres in my heart 😂😂. It pains me to think we had Suarez and Torres in the same squad for a couple of days and it hurts even more to regret I was too hurt to ever do a Double Trouble with Suarez and Torres regardless. Torres' big interview the other year softens the pain though as the club did do the dirty on him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm venturing into off topic for the first time, so go easy on me. Gonna answer both questions. Number 1 is fairly easy for both, but 2/3 will be really close calls. 

Games

#1 Mario Tennis (N64) 

It's straightforward, simple, and the best tennis game ever made. You can play full length matches that take 3-5 hours to finish like a real tennis matches, it's amazing for doubles, and is even better when using any form of mind altering substance. Pure, unabashed fun. Impossible to get tired of it. 

#2 Vanilla World of Warcraft (PC) 

This was everything an MMO should ever want to be. Real, honest exploration, no fast traveling nonsense helps to foster actual local customs and communities based on in game location, and conflicts like towns being attacked were real battles of attrition. Just enough bizarre game mechanics (kiting a devilsaur into gadgetzan) and cool stuff to find that everyone had their niche. When you're on summer vacation as a student and actually have time to binge something for days on end, this is the pinnacle. 

#3 Big Game Hunter (Arcade) 

Make no mistake, this is not some miracle of game design or anything, but this is what they had at my local bar, and I was exceptionally good at it. I had numerous records on the machine, and the concept was just hysterically offensive, just load up your jeep with guns, choose your busty tour guide, and go on a murderous rampage of endangered species like elephants, hippos, rhinos or giraffes. Quick review of your score, where you shot each animal, and hanging heads on your wall. Too absurd not to love. 

 

Films 

I typically see most films I watch at festivals. I might go to a theater 2-3 times a year, and then watch 20—30 at a couple of festivals. I'm not going to list stuff that will be exceedingly difficult to get a hold of, since that defeats the point of a recommendation usually. 

#1 Lost in Translation (2003)

Bill Murray with the finest individual performance to grace the screen. Near infinite re-watch value. I couldn't nitpick a single thing if I tried. 

#2 In the Mood for Love (2000)

Rounding out the golden age of Hong Kong is my favorite director, Wong Kar Wai. Extremely emotionally intense, with brilliant cinematography, and it has a sort of sequel, called 2046, that is a bit trippier and inspired Christopher Nolan's more recent work. 

#3 Zodiac (2007)

Outstanding acting aside, this film is quite long, and uses every minute very purposefully to build the same feelings of the main character in the audience. You can feel the years passing by in this movie, and you have suspicions that wax and wane and are never fully resolved.

 

As for football heroes, I actually hated football growing up because my youth coach was the biggest idiot I have ever met, and had us running around in a huddle kicking each other's shins during matches and didn't bother to address this at all. My earliest football memories involved Crouchy, Defoe, Corluka, Bale, Van der Vaart, Modric, etc. Harry and his crew sold me on the sport forever after I loved the 2010 world cup and watched every match. 

 

 

 

Edited by hhooo
Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hhooo said:

As for football heroes, I actually hated football growing up because my youth coach was the biggest idiot I have ever met, and had us running around in a huddle kicking each other's shins during matches and didn't bother to address this at all. My earliest football memories involved Crouchy, Defoe, Corluka, Bale, Van der Vaart, Modric, etc. Harry and his crew sold me on the sport forever after I loved the 2010 world cup and watched every match. 

 

 

 

Looks like you have something for tall players

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I had never watched a football match until the world cup came to south africa. I watched the opening game where Siphiwe Tshabalala scored that rocket of a opening goal and I guess that where my love for 22 men kicking a ball around began. After the world cup, I started watching club football and somehow decided that I would be a Red Devil for life.

Strangely my football hero was not MUFC player. It was the one and only PHILIPP LAHM, a defender that had impressive defensive qualities but also knew how to pass like a world class centre mid. How can you not love a defender with so many trophies and not a single red card.

  • Eight German championship titles (2006, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
  • Six DFB Cup triumps (2006, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016)
  • Three DFL Supercup trophies (2010, 2012, 2016)
  • FIFA Club World Cup trophy (2014)
  • Champions League triumph (2013)
  • UEFA Super Cup triumph (2013)
  • DFL League Cup trophy (2007)

Factfile: Philipp Lahm - FC Bayern Munich

added 0 minutes later

 

Edited by YungGaffer
Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, YungGaffer said:

I had never watched a football match until the world cup came to south africa. I watched the opening game where Siphiwe Tshabalala scored that rocket of a opening goal and I guess that where my love for 22 men kicking a ball around began. After the world cup, I started watching club football and somehow decided that I would be a Red Devil for life.

Strangely my football hero was not MUFC player. It was the one and only PHILIPP LAHM, a defender that had impressive defensive qualities but also knew how to pass like a world class centre mid. How can you not love a defender with so many trophies and not a single red card.

  • Eight German championship titles (2006, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
  • Six DFB Cup triumps (2006, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016)
  • Three DFL Supercup trophies (2010, 2012, 2016)
  • FIFA Club World Cup trophy (2014)
  • Champions League triumph (2013)
  • UEFA Super Cup triumph (2013)
  • DFL League Cup trophy (2007)

Factfile: Philipp Lahm - FC Bayern Munich

added 0 minutes later

 

My man! 30 yellows in his whole career. Never seen a tackler like him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loved the free kicks from Juninho.

Watching anything (again) from OG Ronaldo 😁

Xavi & Iniesta duo was a beauty to see 😮😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8794E677-0656-4F49-8B7D-A91D920BCECA.jpeg.d0988e5600f34c6ea73af8856f13dfdf.jpeg

Forget about the daily thing in the picture, this kind of got lost when I had a rough couple of weeks, but I loved seeing answers for previous questions.

Questions

What was the first football management game you played? Also what’s your favourite football management game?

Mine actually started pack on the Ps1 and the first game I ever played was Premier Manager 1998, I loved that game so much that I actually bought a ps3 last year just to play it again, safe to say I played for a day and didn’t play again. Was a bit of a waste of money! 
 

My favourite it’s hard to pick just one, I loved CM 01/02 which I played for many hours. I was so very addicted to FM 08 and didn’t do much college work due to it. 
 

Special shout out to LMA manager which I feel like was an underrated game on the PlayStation, loved them as I could play against my older brother and we spent a lot of time on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First one if I remember correctly is FIFA 15 career mode. Was a golden FIFA age it is. The one I love the most is FMM 18. It’s so good just lacking impressive wonderkids though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

First one if I remember correctly is FIFA 15 career mode. Was a golden FIFA age it is. The one I love the most is FMM 18. It’s so good just lacking impressive wonderkids though.

Nice! I enjoyed FMM 18 as well, good game. I got a ps5 coming in 10 days, so I’m hoping to get in to FIFA again, bet I don’t play it now 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rob said:

What a dull question. Let’s hope these improve in quantity as they certainly aren’t delivering in quality.

What a pr*ck, consider yourself warned!!! 
 

A question Rob would ask “which big strong wrestler do you think looks best in a pair of tight small pants”

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

CM 01/02. WHAT A GAME!!!!! I spent years of my life playing it.

LMA got some amount of playing time too. Usually at my mates house, the two player option was brilliant.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

What a pr*ck, consider yourself warned!!! 
 

A question Rob would ask “which big strong wrestler do you think looks best in a pair of tight small pants”

Surely, The Rock (not Dwayne, of course) Don Muraco?

MV5BZjdlYjYxZDAtMjdmZi00OTBmLThhZDUtN2UyN2Q3NzM5ZjUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2NjY2NzQ0._V1_.thumb.jpg.958d82522825ff36656afe842045240a.jpg

 

 

Edited by Dai_
Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

CM 01/02. WHAT A GAME!!!!! I spent years of my life playing it.

LMA got some amount of playing time too. Usually at my mates house, the two player option was brilliant.

Surely, The Rock (not Dwayne, of course) Don Muraco?

MV5BZjdlYjYxZDAtMjdmZi00OTBmLThhZDUtN2UyN2Q3NzM5ZjUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2NjY2NzQ0._V1_.thumb.jpg.958d82522825ff36656afe842045240a.jpg

 

 

Now that’s a real man! Wrestlers were built differently in the 80s before the steroid scandal fair play 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For all you youngsters, you need to check out Kevin Toms Football Manager... I actually got this on Android just before FMM20 and did play it when I was a youngster myself... then it was CM94 and Premier Manager on the Amiga... those were the days!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StuartM said:

For all you youngsters, you need to check out Kevin Toms Football Manager... I actually got this on Android just before FMM20 and did play it when I was a youngster myself... then it was CM94 and Premier Manager on the Amiga... those were the days!

Ohhh I just seen Kevin Toms Football Manager on the iPhone, is it good on the phone? The reviews are pretty good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

First football management game I played was championship manager 96/97 (showing my age there!).

I remember always signing Kieron Dyer and someone else, just before we signed them and there was a Man Utd right back who I cannot remember the name of but he was awesome!

I always used to make Batty captain of Newcastle to try and get him to calm down. Loved that Newcastle squad! I think it's available to play in a browser now, or at least cm3 is.

 

Favorite was probably the champ man just before it changed to football manager. I know they both were there for 1 season, but was is 05? I think I've still got them all on CD in a box in the garage.

Edited by geordiekrispy
Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rich said:

Ohhh I just seen Kevin Toms Football Manager on the iPhone, is it good on the phone? The reviews are pretty good!

I reckon its worth a go for a bit of retro gameplay... I haven't played it in ages now but its fun for a change up. The goal replays are a particular highlight!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...