Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Rich’s Random Questions

Rich

1 hour ago, geordiekrispy said:

First football management game I played was championship manager 96/97 (showing my age there!).

I remember always signing Kieron Dyer and someone else, just before we signed them and there was a Man Utd right back who I cannot remember the name of but he was awesome!

I always used to make Batty captain of Newcastle to try and get him to calm down. Loved that Newcastle squad! I think it's available to play in a browser now, or at least cm3 is.

Favorite was probably the champ man just before it changed to football manager. I know they both were there for 1 season, but was is 05? I think I've still got them all on CD in a box in the garage.

What a player Kieran Dyer could have been without his injuries, lighting fast and fast feet. I love hearing about David Batty, since he finished football no one knows what he’s up too as he’s such a private person 😂

I think I have a load of old CM and FM’s I’m going to have a look in a bit, 05 rings a bell, I’m sure it’s a grey and blue cover! 

14 minutes ago, StuartM said:

I reckon its worth a go for a bit of retro gameplay... I haven't played it in ages now but its fun for a change up. The goal replays are a particular highlight!

I may give that a download soon as I do have a tendency to get bored of FMM here and there!

6 hours ago, Rich said:

What a player Kieran Dyer could have been without his injuries, lighting fast and fast feet. I love hearing about David Batty, since he finished football no one knows what he’s up too as he’s such a private person 😂

I think I have a load of old CM and FM’s I’m going to have a look in a bit, 05 rings a bell, I’m sure it’s a grey and blue cover! 

I may give that a download soon as I do have a tendency to get bored of FMM here and there!

I'll find you the link.

Also it appears it was the 97/98 season I started playing champ man.

Here you go @Richhttps://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games?query=Championship+manager&sin=

Edited by geordiekrispy

3F905F55-F5F7-45DF-8F97-9D6A0D19FAC5.thumb.jpeg.3dbff58a6b935f47b0fb3446e86f6aed.jpeg

If you could have one superpower what would it be?

Mine would be the ability to stop time for sure, I could do anything I wanted, I used to love watching bernards watch as a kid, so I think since watching that, I’ve always wanted to do it myself 😂

I'm with @Richfor the same reason, the only other one I've always liked the idea of is teleportation. That would be like limitless, even if you had to see the final destination to travel. Actually I've talked Bernards Watch into second place has how often would you use that 😂.

7 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Having the power like The Flash would be dope. Too quick that you can rob a bank without being seen and you can run through walls too. 😌

I didn't plan on committing any crimes with said powers. I was more concerned with getting places quicker, tbh. Practicallity above all else. 🤣

The issue with super speed is The Flash issue in general. Run Barry run is all it is, it's an issue the TV show has ran into repeatedly as all he can do is run, running is almost his Kryptonite as every story will eventually come down to that. 

Time travel however in the right hands can make it absolutely fascinating. 

20 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The issue with super speed is The Flash issue in general. Run Barry run is all it is, it's an issue the TV show has ran into repeatedly as all he can do is run, running is almost his Kryptonite as every story will eventually come down to that. 

Time travel however in the right hands can make it absolutely fascinating. 

I haven’t seen the TV show for a while but according to the comic he also cam time travel, quick heal and also quick thinking. If I remember correctly, he can recover broken bones in about an hour.

6 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I haven’t seen the TV show for a while but according to the comic he also cam time travel, quick heal and also quick thinking. If I remember correctly, he can recover broken bones in about an hour.

Yeah, his time traveling ability has been used loads in the TV show, comics and movies. Hell it's what made the new 52 with Flashpoint and Flashpoint is awesome. The Arrowverse version not so much. 

I love Arrow, the first two seasons of it are ace. Arrow nosedived hard though, especially when they brought the Arrowverse to life with the other shows. Thankfully Arrow just about saved itself in the last two seasons, but the mid stretch was awful. Flash I kinda think the same, I enjoyed the first two seasons then it just got stupid with poor big bads. I've never really liked Supergirl, I love the cast but the show is just mediocre unfortunately outside of a handful of episodes (I don't really like Superman either though tbf). Blacklightning was okay at first but I dropped off it after the first season, I'm watching them all still now and then but the only one I actually enjoy is Legends Of Tomorrow as it's just batshit crazy, its basically taking the piss out of itself and I love it. I've been saying all the shows are bad for a few years now but the missus enjoys them so I'll watch them, but even she's losing interest this season outside of Legends. 

The biggest sin of the Arrowverse though has to be how they all copy eachother and redo story lines all the time. When they run out of ideas they bloat the already bloated cast with more characters and it just becomes a mess. Alot of it is due to the 24 episode season length though, it just invites stalling and filler episodes, a much tighter and story focused product would have held up better imo. 

Oh Constantine's original TV show is good too actually, but I love Matt Ryan. I've not seen the new season of Titans yet but S1+2 wasted a wonderful cast and idea, the last episode of Titans S1 though is freaking awesome. 

I think the only good and consistent DC show is actually......Lucifer. 

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yeah, his time traveling ability has been used loads in the TV show, comics and movies. Hell it's what made the new 52 with Flashpoint and Flashpoint is awesome. The Arrowverse version not so much. 

I love Arrow, the first two seasons of it are ace. Arrow nosedived hard though, especially when they brought the Arrowverse to life with the other shows. Thankfully Arrow just about saved itself in the last two seasons, but the mid stretch was awful. Flash I kinda think the same, I enjoyed the first two seasons then it just got stupid with poor big bads. I've never really liked Supergirl, I love the cast but the show is just mediocre unfortunately outside of a handful of episodes (I don't really like Superman either though tbf). Blacklightning was okay at first but I dropped off it after the first season, I'm watching them all still now and then but the only one I actually enjoy is Legends Of Tomorrow as it's just batshit crazy, its basically taking the piss out of itself and I love it. I've been saying all the shows are bad for a few years now but the missus enjoys them so I'll watch them, but even she's losing interest this season outside of Legends. 

The biggest sin of the Arrowverse though has to be how they all copy eachother and redo story lines all the time. When they run out of ideas they bloat the already bloated cast with more characters and it just becomes a mess. Alot of it is due to the 24 episode season length though, it just invites stalling and filler episodes, a much tighter and story focused product would have held up better imo. 

Oh Constantine's original TV show is good too actually, but I love Matt Ryan. I've not seen the new season of Titans yet but S1+2 wasted a wonderful cast and idea, the last episode of Titans S1 though is freaking awesome. 

I didn't realise anyone shared my opinion on these things. Wow! Couldn't have said it better myself. 👏

Are you just a DC fan or do you like Marvel as well?

13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Totally agree. I liked the first few seasons of The Flash but it went downhill since then. They introduced Elongated Man character who in my opinion is a very good character but since they sacked Sawyer, I stopped watching.

29 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I didn't realise anyone shared my opinion on these things. Wow! Couldn't have said it better myself. 👏

Are you just a DC fan or do you like Marvel as well?

I was hardcore into Arrow in its early days, I absolutely adore the first two seasons. Manu Bennet as Slade is just awesome!! I never liked Laurel but outside of that I loved Arrow. I actually really like Ollie, Diggle and Felicity until that season focused on Felicity and they just completely ruined her. "Olicity" was fan pandering at its worst imo. Admittedly Arrow did steal alot from Batman but it never really bothered me, it should have as Batman is my favourite but Stephen Amell and the cast were that like able I went with it, until the Felicity accident. Arrow and the verse in general is just terried of killing people off, case in point Laurel and imo that accident should have killed Felicity and opened the door to the Arrow and Black Canary relationship, even if I didn't want it haha. The Felicity/Slade fake out in S2 was so obvious yet so good though. 

With Flash I never liked it as much but it was good, especially Thorne and Zoom in the first two seasons. I just never grew to like Grant as much as I did Stephen, something about the Flash's cast just didn't pull me in as much. It was the show the missus liked more though, so much so she's already told me she's walking down the aisle to their wedding song (Grant singing Running Home To You) haha. 

Supergirl I think has an excellent cast, the first season was unique but odd, yet I did kinda like Cat Grant lol. The show did lose something when she left but it soon just became too formulaic and on the nose. Melissa as Supergirl is ace, I love Alex and Manhunter is cool but I've just never got into the show. 

Legends has always been my second favourite, I wasn't always Sarah's biggest fan in Arrow but she grew on Legends and Wentworth Miller is Wentworth Miller. However it was when Legends got stupid I really started to love it as it's just bizarre, maybe not the Bebo season finale like as that pissed me off but the show is fun. Constantine really added to the dynamic and I just love you never know what's coming next. Like the Tolkein episodes or the one where they basically invented Star Wars are just so stupid I love it. 

Can't really say anything about Blacklightning as I just found it boring and outside of one episode Titans is just forgettable. I really like their Dick Grayson as he's almost perfect and I like the dark tone but it feels so incredibly wasted to me. The first season felt like a long set up to a payoff that never came while S2 just wasn't better. I'll watch S3 eventually but I'm in no rush as I think it'll disappoint 😂

DC I'm deep into, I don't read alot of comics or anything but I've read most the big Batman ones and I have a decent collection of books. I adore the Batman animated universe be it the original BTAS, Batman Beyond or the newer animiated films which I do collect, outside of the Superman ones as he just does little for me. The newer animated films have questionable quality but I like that they're at least trying things, it might not all stick but at least it's something. I could go into a long, long, long conversation about all the animated movies 😂

Marvel however I'm more of a casual, I grew up with the older films and I loved the cartoons as a kid (that Xmen animated theme tune ❤️)  and I've seen 99% of the MCU but in truth I think alot of it is overrated. Honestly I think so many of the films are average and completely over blown. Are they better than the piss poor DCU? Absolutely but are they all as wonderful as people make out? No chance. I love Guardians and the first Avengers, I enjoyed the first Thor, Spiderman and Antman but after that they've all left me feeling meh. I don't like the Ironman trilogy, Thor 2 is hot garbage and the third was extremely over hyped, Captain America bores me, Doctor Strange was a sleeping pill, Avengers 2 was crap, guardians 2 was an incredible disappointment and by that point I'm not invested enough for Endgame. Sure it was cool but they didn't get me invested enough to really care and I tried a few times haha. 

As for the MTV stuff I've not seen any of it, partly because I'm not as interested but also because I can only take in so much Superhero media and I ended up on the DCTV side. That's basically a show a night and I couldn't face doubling that up with Marvel haha. The missus has watched some of it though. Daredevil is the only one I really had any interest in but I doubt I'll ever watch it, the Arrowverse has completely burned me out on that type of show now. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I was hardcore into Arrow in its early days, I absolutely adore the first two seasons. Manu Bennet as Slade is just awesome!! I never liked Laurel but outside of that I loved Arrow. I actually really like Ollie, Diggle and Felicity until that season focused on Felicity and they just completely ruined her. "Olicity" was fan pandering at its worst imo. Admittedly Arrow did steal alot from Batman but it never really bothered me, it should have as Batman is my favourite but Stephen Amell and the cast were that like able I went with it, until the Felicity accident. Arrow and the verse in general is just terried of killing people off, case in point Laurel and imo that accident should have killed Felicity and opened the door to the Arrow and Black Canary relationship, even if I didn't want it haha. The Felicity/Slade fake out in S2 was so obvious yet so good though. 

With Flash I never liked it as much but it was good, especially Thorne and Zoom in the first two seasons. I just never grew to like Grant as much as I did Stephen, something about the Flash's cast just didn't pull me in as much. It was the show the missus liked more though, so much so she's already told me she's walking down the aisle to their wedding song (Grant singing Running Home To You) haha. 

Supergirl I think has an excellent cast, the first season was unique but odd, yet I did kinda like Cat Grant lol. The show did lose something when she left but it soon just became too formulaic and on the nose. Melissa as Supergirl is ace, I love Alex and Manhunter is cool but I've just never got into the show. 

Legends has always been my second favourite, I wasn't always Sarah's biggest fan in Arrow but she grew on Legends and Wentworth Miller is Wentworth Miller. However it was when Legends got stupid I really started to love it as it's just bizarre, maybe not the Bebo season finale like as that pissed me off but the show is fun. Constantine really added to the dynamic and I just love you never know what's coming next. Like the Tolkein episodes or the one where they basically invented Star Wars are just so stupid I love it. 

Can't really say anything about Blacklightning as I just found it boring and outside of one episode Titans is just forgettable. I really like their Dick Grayson as he's almost perfect and I like the dark tone but it feels so incredibly wasted to me. The first season felt like a long set up to a payoff that never came while S2 just wasn't better. I'll watch S3 eventually but I'm in no rush as I think it'll disappoint 😂

DC I'm deep into, I don't read alot of comics or anything but I've read most the big Batman ones and I have a decent collection of books. I adore the Batman animated universe be it the original BTAS, Batman Beyond or the newer animiated films which I do collect, outside of the Superman ones as he just does little for me. The newer animated films have questionable quality but I like that they're at least trying things, it might not all stick but at least it's something. I could go into a long, long, long conversation about all the animated movies 😂

Marvel however I'm more of a casual, I grew up with the older films and I loved the cartoons as a kid (that Xmen animated theme tune ❤️)  and I've seen 99% of the MCU but in truth I think alot of it is overrated. Honestly I think so many of the films are average and completely over blown. Are they better than the piss poor DCU? Absolutely but are they all as wonderful as people make out? No chance. I love Guardians and the first Avengers, I enjoyed the first Thor, Spiderman and Antman but after that they've all left me feeling meh. I don't like the Ironman trilogy, Thor 2 is hot garbage and the third was extremely over hyped, Captain America bores me, Doctor Strange was a sleeping pill, Avengers 2 was crap, guardians 2 was an incredible disappointment and by that point I'm not invested enough for Endgame. Sure it was cool but they didn't get me invested enough to really care and I tried a few times haha. 

As for the MTV stuff I've not seen any of it, partly because I'm not as interested but also because I can only take in so much Superhero media and I ended up on the DCTV side. That's basically a show a night and I couldn't face doubling that up with Marvel haha. The missus has watched some of it though. Daredevil is the only one I really had any interest in but I doubt I'll ever watch it, the Arrowverse has completely burned me out on that type of show now. 

Thats the problem with DC. They lack ideas in longevity.

I'm a fan of DC and have for a long time but they are trying too hard to compete with Marvel.

On the super powers front i think i would go with just Being Tony Stark. Not a power as such but having the ability to create/build pretty much anything would just be cool AF!!

Talking about DC, has anyone read the new Robin comic where they broke Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown just to make Tim bisexual? I kinda hated the idea considering I love their couple. Should’ve used someone like Damian who I don’t like instead :D 

I liked the comic where Joker beat Robin to death with a crowbar. I think the only other comic book I've read was some guy whose superpower was being so fat that bullets didn't hurt him and he sat on Spiderman. 

Stopping time is op cheese mode. I would choose mind reading as you could use it to manipulate yourself into much better positions in life without giving away your ability and becoming a government experiment. 

3 hours ago, hhooo said:

I liked the comic where Joker beat Robin to death with a crowbar. I think the only other comic book I've read was some guy whose superpower was being so fat that bullets didn't hurt him and he sat on Spiderman. 

Stopping time is op cheese mode. I would choose mind reading as you could use it to manipulate yourself into much better positions in life without giving away your ability and becoming a government experiment. 

The actual story (A Death In The Family) or what it turned into being the RedHood arc? Personally I don't think much of the original story but the Red Hood stuff is awesome. 

Under The RedHood is one of the best DCA movies. The ending scene is sensational. 

7 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Talking about DC, has anyone read the new Robin comic where they broke Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown just to make Tim bisexual? I kinda hated the idea considering I love their couple. Should’ve used someone like Damian who I don’t like instead :D 

I don't keep up with all of it tbf, I just grab a graphic novel whenever I feel like reading one. I had a brief spell going comic to comic but it didn't work for me so I just stuck to collections, I haven't bought anything new for a while though saying that. 

Thanks, now you've made me watch this, easily one of my favourite moments from DC. Spoilers for Under The Red Hood film and basically anything Red Hood/Jason Todd related 

That's everything the live action DC films have missed, imagine that scene as a payoff to a live action set up. Granted Snyder planted the seeds to start it but that's the Batman story we should get, it shouldn't be hinted at in a JL film. 

Maybe it's not as powerful out of context but that 4 mins shows you everything you need to know about Batman, Joker and Todd. The delivery hits hard, it's understandable and it's bloody awesome. 

Batman has always been an emotional and personal story but most the film's have missed that, they've gone for the big epics and not the story telling. Maybe I'm biased and maybe something like this doesn't compare to an alien invasion or whatever else these blockbuster movies go for but this is why I love the animated films as they tell the stories I want. 

Seriously go watch Under The Red Hood 😂. Neil Patrick Harris voices Dick/Nightwing 😂😂

41 minutes ago, Rich said:

Loved all the discussions in here guys! Need to get the next question right as well 😝

Sorry for going off topic 😛

Just now, Ashez said:

Sorry for going off topic 😛

No I loved reading it all! That’s the whole point of this topic, good discussions 😁

B56B06EA-CED8-4B57-90B4-B34E4FEBE44A.jpeg.bb123c439718ff1bd62a54aeabbe584c.jpeg

If you could go back in time and be at the stadium of one sporting event what would it be? You can go for non sporting events if you like 😁

So I been very lucky in regards to watching my country, been at the biggest events Euro 2016, was behind the goal when we beat Belgium 3-1 to get to the semi final of the euros, was an amazing few weeks!

Other than that one that sticks in my head is when Newcastle beat Manchester United 5-0 in 1995, with Philippe Albert chipping Peter Schemeichel to make it 5!

Also a huge UFC fan so watching Michael Bisping knocking out Luke Rockhold for the middleweight title is very high up there, huge Bisping fan.

I reckon it would be cool to go back to some of the games before widespread TV footage... a couple of ones that sounded worth a watch were Hungary-England at Wembley in the late 50s and Real Madrid-Eintracht Frankfurt at Hampden around the same time.

10 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

That QPR match without any doubt

10 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Same here. I watched it live on TV but I would like to watch it in the stadium

I’m guessing you two just wanted to watch it due to QPR staying up?

7 hours ago, StuartM said:

I reckon it would be cool to go back to some of the games before widespread TV footage... a couple of ones that sounded worth a watch were Hungary-England at Wembley in the late 50s and Real Madrid-Eintracht Frankfurt at Hampden around the same time.

Ohh nice choices! I was thinking myself of a game where someone like Pele or Maradonna really shines just to see how amazing they really were. That could be said for Messi and Ronaldo as well.

Even though I’m not a Liverpool or Manchester United fan, the comeback for Liverpool against AC Milan in the champions league final and Man Utd vs Bayern Munich, the stadiums would have been crazy.

The 4-4 draw for Newcastle with Arsenal when we were 4-0 down would of been some game to witness in the stadium. 

I was at the second of the two epic 4-3's with Liverpool back in the day and that was incredible, even if we did lose.

I was there for my main one: Weymouth drawing away at Forest 1-1 in the FA Cup. Amazing day.

Other than that:

- The opening game of Weymouth’s current stadium, which was a friendly against Man United in the 80s;

- England’s WC win;

- Barcelona beating United when Messi, Xaviesta, etc, were in their prime;

- Liverpool beating Barca 4-0. I just imagine that ground was rocking and would have been an amazing atmosphere

As for other sports, I’d have love to been in the crowd when Raducanu won on Saturday as that was just an amazing achievement, England winning the Rugby World Cup, any of Mike Tyson’s fights in his prime, and (this is pushing the term ‘sport’ a bit) Wrestlemania X7 and Royal Rumble 92.