Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Help with CAM instructions

Greeting Vibers, I am currently underway with a long-term save with Wrexham, making them a global force as per Deadpool's instructions ( I will soon make a career for Vibers to see). In CAM, I have a special german wonderkid that i want to have bag a lot of assists. What role should he play, what attributes should i focus on and maybe what instructions should i set so he can help my Irish wonderkid striker to reach 30+ goals a season?

If it’s assists you're after with him, I would recommend having two strikers in front of him as he’s got more options ahead. In terms of the role I love a Treq but if you want your strikers scoring I would probably go for an AP.

I would always make sure your AP has good passing, creativity, movement, dribbling (can be handy). If you want assists as well get him on corners if he has decent crossing.

Ive probably forgot something but I’m sure someone can give more 😁

Just now, Rich said:

If it’s assists your after with him, I would recommend having two strikers in front of him as he’s got more options ahead. In terms of the role I love a Treq but if you want your strikers scoring I would probably go for an AP.

I would always make sure your AP has good passing, creativity, movement, dribbling (can be handy). If you want assists as well get him on corners if he has decent crossing.

Ive probably forgot something but I’m sure someone can give more 😁

Any team instructions?

Maybe you use totally different instructions from me @Rich, but my APs never stop shooting. If I use an AP, my strikers will only get to shoot if they tackle the defender and take the ball themselves. AM will pass much more on my experience, but it won't be incisive passing, while a Treq will shoot often, but will also pull wide and play angled balls in for the striker.

The closest I've gotten to a player that actually provides assists by passing centrally is an IF behind two strikers, or just a CM with several players ahead of him. 

Building a tactic around two players is incredibly difficult. 

7 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Maybe you use totally different instructions from me @Rich, but my APs never stop shooting. If I use an AP, my strikers will only get to shoot if they tackle the defender and take the ball themselves. AM will pass much more on my experience, but it won't be incisive passing, while a Treq will shoot often, but will also pull wide and play angled balls in for the striker.

The closest I've gotten to a player that actually provides assists by passing centrally is an IF behind two strikers, or just a CM with several players ahead of him. 

Building a tactic around two players is incredibly difficult. 

No you’re right AP’s do shoot a lot but I kind of accepted it a while ago, they’ve been doing it for so many FMM’s. I was always someone who watched a lot of highlights etc like yourself but I kind of went away from that this years version as I was bored so kind of learning all over again now. I’m actually finally watching highlights now with Big Joe as he’s a tough one to manage and I finally think I’ve cracked the assists at no 10, still scoring a lot though. I think what player roles you have around him is huge.

With my triple threat I always use IF’s with my 3 strikers because they pass a lot more than people realise when used right, I was averaging at least 2/3 assists between my IF’s at Celtic (Not hard but still) 😂

I'm currently using a 4231 with

Gk-Gk 

LB-FB  CB-BPD  CB-NCB  RB-FB

CM-CM  CM-AP

LW-IF  AM-SS  RW-IF

ST-AF

Not basing it around just 2 players only, just want AM to have a lot of assists and ST to have a lot of goals

I would probably say play 3-2-3-2 since it’ll give your AM more options to pass the ball. I prefer APs when it comes to assisting but like @hhooo said, they shoot quite often too. Trequartista is another good option but I don’t think they really suit lower league (correct me if I’m wrong here).

Treqs can be plenty good in lower leagues as long as they have technique, decisions and decent physicals. My PSNI tactic uses a T+AF combo (both striker line) with one IW and one IF behind. Those roles play really well together.