Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch's Heist Off - The Celtic 5 v The Scorned 6 [Ermm]

15 hours ago, Rob said:

So what’s next?!?!

Copy and paste from above:

It's no great secret or mystery. I really want to try a split 1K (500 goals/500 assists). I'd been lining up possible players for some time - players that've been pretty good at assisting for me, such as: Fabio Vieira, Daramy, Bellingham, Verschaeren, Mikey, Vignato, Unuvar, etc. Then when @Ian started his, my desire to give it a go really ramped up.

I started a save at FC Kobenhavn - I'd never managed in Denmark before and wanted to give it go. I figured it would be a bit like Celtic in Scotland and that seems to be about right, just with less cash... I did my research and found it was only 32 games, but I figured I might be able to keep him on the pitch more - turns out they have the whole of January off, but still cram games into midweek etc, so that might not pan out, I was hoping for 1 game per week.

I tried to get Vieira as he'd bubbled to number 1 on my list, but he didn't want to come, so I fell back to another on my list (not mentioned above): Diego Lainez. I've used him a lot, normally as an out and out winger, but I did once retrain him as a AMC (he's yellow) and he did well. I figured I'd train his crossing for corner assists but use him as a T behind a front two. New tactic for me, for the first time in forever - no Ws! 

Anyway first season just done. Fun so far. Not quite 30 of each. Was injured for 3 weeks which really slowed him down, sluggish when he came back. Should be getting better numbers when I ramp the team up. Not sure I'll write it up until I'm sure I'll stick with it.

Been playing pretty slow as lots on at the moment. Just finishing season 2, a little over 30 goals/assists. He's gonna have to step up a gear. That said, the team is still not really strong yet and he missed a bit with injuries and ITN call ups (Mexico seems to have different windows to EU, so he missed about 6 games),

I suppose I should write it up, but I'm in a bit of a lull... Not sure I will or not. 

7 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Copy and paste from above:

Been playing pretty slow as lots on at the moment. Just finishing season 2, a little over 30 goals/assists. He's gonna have to step up a gear. That said, the team is still not really strong yet and he missed a bit with injuries and ITN call ups (Mexico seems to have different windows to EU, so he missed about 6 games),

I suppose I should write it up, but I'm in a bit of a lull... Not sure I will or not. 

Don’t post it if you aren’t loving it. I end up wanting to play a few seasons before posting, and then getting so far behind that I can’t be bothered to post as I’ve got too much to catch up on. Proper catch 22.

40 minutes ago, Rob said:

Don’t post it if you aren’t loving it. I end up wanting to play a few seasons before posting, and then getting so far behind that I can’t be bothered to post as I’ve got too much to catch up on. Proper catch 22.

I normally do what @Rich does - post before I start. Part of the excitement of a new save for me and having to write up each season keeps me going (well more often than if I don't write it up). I did once do a 1KC (Super Secret Scottish 1KC) and kept thinking "I better write it up now" and never did it until it was over!