Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Stats vs ability

Just wondered what people's thoughts were on taking on players purely for great stats vs a scouted ability level.

Would you take on that striker with massive pace/aerial/shooting stats vs a player with mid level stats in the same and a generally better level of all other stats?

It’s quite clear here. I only use scouts to see hidden attributes like consistency. Apart from that I just use the search attributes system.

I'd normally go for the stats, but there's lots of different angles on this. 

First, scouted / staff reported ability levels are never accurate and can be really wrong (Messi's regen with 1.5 star PA for eg). The only thing I use them for is seeing whether there is a difference between CA and PA, which means that whatever attributes they have right now can be improved. 

If we're talking about real PA levels (ie through the In Game Editor, or in future through my scouting app when it's finished), then at a good club, I'd probably go for a 4.5 star player or even a 4 star player than I would a 5 star one - their max attributes will be good enough, and they will get there quicker and rebound from injuries quicker etc. So it's not just about having the highest level of ability possible.

Also, in my behind the scenes testing, I sometimes come across players who look like they'd be 4 or 4.5 stars but are only 3 stars... And they don't seem to perform as good, even though they have great attributes. So while I'd normally focus on attributes, it's not just about them either!

If I have access to real CA/PA, then I'd choose someone with a balance of really good attributes and medium high ability. But probably the best answer is:

Choose players with a decent attribute base and some potential to grow and play them and see how they go. If they have great attributes but don't get good match ratings or don't do what you expect (ie score, assist, make interception, don't make mistakes), then drop them and find another player who does do it. Ultimately it's not about their attributes or their CA/PA, it's about whether they do well in your team! 

Thanks for that. I've been using the scout tool to grab CA and PA to give me a leg up. Now that I just got Braintree promoted to the PL I'm starting to get more focused on how to build the perfect team.

Is there a good place that lists preferred stats by position?

Are there any stats (like decision making and teamwork) that are simply too important to ignore on a player?

I've literally just played for one weekend and a bit of this week using some of the tactics from here.

3 minutes ago, Mortium said:

Thanks for that. I've been using the scout tool to grab CA and PA to give me a leg up. Now that I just got Braintree promoted to the PL I'm starting to get more focused on how to build the perfect team.

Are there any stats (like decision making and teamwork) that are simply too important to ignore on a player?

I've literally just played for one weekend and a bit of this week using some of the tactics from here.

82345D50-CFB7-4A5E-9E07-9F1903E3F635.thumb.jpeg.e493d4bcce9e1a4e8403ad1b98b03f35.jpeg

If you go to player search, go attributes and then press set player template role, it will give you the most important attributes for each role 👍

47 minutes ago, Mortium said:

I always priorities technique, teamwork, positioning/movement depending on position, decision, stamina and pace. The rest are often 13-15 good enough for me