Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2021 - Week 4 Results

What to do if it’s a tie?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How should a tie be decided?

• A 5th Challenge
    • The team with most total challenge points over the 4 weeks wins

This poll is closed to new votes

title.png.5557c6f8757ee4807ec95920f88d4a20.png

Welcome to the 4th running of the Vibe World Cup the annual team competition. This years event will be running in a different way to previous times but I will explain more in a moment.

First lest take a look back at the previous winners of this event.

VWC2018 - The first ever VWC saw the England team of @Woody and @Rob take on the Welsh of @Taff and @Nucleus in the final with the Welsh lads running out winners.

The Golden Mobile Award for the highest scoring individual competitor was won by @PriZe despite the Benelux team not making the final.

VWC2019 - The following year it was Scotland with @samhardy and @Ian  who took the title with a win over the Japan team of @Ashez and @FuddledFox in the final.

I wasn’t to leave empty handed though as I took the Golden Mobile Award in glorious fashion.

VWC2020 - The 2020 version was able to go ahead despite Corona restrictions and @samhardy took a 2nd title alongside @smoggy90 as the North East won the title beating bottle job @BatiGoal and some bloke called Foxy in the final.

Bati had the blow of another lost final cushioned as he took the Golden Mobile Award which I’m sure keeps him company in his Thai prison cell.

Vibe World Cup 2021

I have decided to go for a completely different format this year and have scraped the teams of two and instead we will have two teams of 6 competing for the title of Vibe World Champions. The event will last 4 challenges with everyone who takes part playing all 4 challenges so there is no elimination during the event giving you all a chance at the Golden Mobile award at the end.

I have taken inspiration from the Ryder Cup which for those that don’t know is a team golf tournament between Europe and America. In this version it will be....

Great Britain

The World

Then each week the challenges will work like this.

Week 1 - This is a team challenge so you will all play the same challenge with all your scored added up to give a team total. The team with the most points will win the week and score 1 point.

Week 2 - These will be singles H2H’s so there will be a random draw and you will play a member of the other team. Each H2H will be worth 1pt to the team total so there will be 6pts up for grabs this week.

Week 3 - This will be pairs so I will randomly pair you with another team mate and you will take on a pair from the other team. Each pair match will be worth 1pt so there is 3pts team points to win this week.

Week 4 - This will be single H2H’s again in the same format as week 2. It will be a random draw but you won’t be able to play the same person as you did in week 2. Again it will be 1pt per match so 6pts in total to play for.

There are 16 team points to play for in total so the first team to score 9pts wins. In the event of a tie it will be the team that has scored the most challenge points in total that will take the title.

Golden Mobile

Just like previous years the person who wins the most points over the 4 challenges will win the Golden Mobile Award.

Challenges Format

My aim is to create challenges that will make you think about the game in different ways but that are also fun to play. None of the challenges will have the aim of seeing people sacked and will be a bit more “relaxed” than are sometimes seen in events.

This event is open to all so you simply just need to comment below saying you want to take part and for what team. If one of the teams are full you can still play for the other team even if for example you aren’t British or vice versa.

Only sign up if you can commit to the full 4 weeks of the event. There is only 12 spaces available so it’s unfair to sign up and then disappear from the site leaving your team mates a player short and denying someone else the chance to play.

So far Rich and Ian have signed up for the GB team.

Great Britain 🇬🇧 

1. @Rich
  2. @Ian
  3. @Rob
  4. @Albionic
  5. @MikeF
  6. @leedsunited87
  7. @Woody

The World 🌍 

1. @broodje kip
  2. @hhooo
  3. @Antonie
  4. @Daejeoncitizenworship
  5. @Mr Tree
  6. @geordiekrispy
  7. @Dai_
36 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Come on @geordiekrispy grab that last spot so we can pair up for this rodeo

I'm tempted, but who do I play for? My nation of birth or the country where I've just got citizenship?

6 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

I'm tempted, but who do I play for? My nation of birth or the country where I've just got citizenship?

You might lose your new citizenship if you represent the old country so I think you should be in The World team.

To be fair it's not fully done until I punch a shark, wrestle a croc or put a shrimp on the barbie...

Yep, I'll go for the world.

Edited by geordiekrispy
53 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

To be fair it's not fully done until I punch a shark, wrestle a croc or put a shrimp on the barbie...

Yep, I'll go for the world.

One of those seems much easier than the others. Are those all the options for your final citizenship exam?

2 minutes ago, hhooo said:

One of those seems much easier than the others. Are those all the options for your final citizenship exam?

Well the actual exam is pretty easy. I think it's just do what you can on the way to the ceremony.

I think the hardest part could be avoiding the drop bears...

35 minutes ago, Woody said:

Been poorly fir a few days and this has cheered me up( also England winning has too)!

Sign me up please! 😆

31 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I see I'm a bit late to get involved but I'll be a sub. 🤣

I am happy to make it teams of 8 a side of two more people sign up to the 🌎 team.

Two more places available for the World team if you want to take part.

8 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I am happy to make it teams of 8 a side of two more people sign up to the 🌎 team.

Two more places available for the World team if you want to take part.

Oh great. Thanks.