Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2021 - Week 4 Results

What to do if it’s a tie?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How should a tie be decided?

• A 5th Challenge
    • The team with most total challenge points over the 4 weeks wins

This poll is closed to new votes

21 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Out of interest how many people took up the offer of a test save before the main event?

I don’t think testing with Man City would even actually bring anything. They’re too good that the squad would handle 2-3-5 perfectly with 3+ goals every game and barely even concede.

12 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I don’t think testing with Man City would even actually bring anything. They’re too good that the squad would handle 2-3-5 perfectly with 3+ goals every game and barely even concede.

I didn't test, just relied on my natural ability........

But if i had, you know I'd be battling relegation :D

I did the test save for about 6 months. Gave me a few ideas, but no plan survives contact with the enemy. I spent a very long time choosing the teams though, trying to balance quality and dynamics. 

6 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

2-3-5

Rob used popular choice Watford here and it was a successful choice for him with a 54pt total.

It is advantage Daejeon though as he went to Hamburg and came back with 60pts in his back pocket

The Metodo

Rob came roaring back in Espanyol though as he scored 66pts which is the 2nd highest total with this tactic.

Daejeon didn’t enjoy the Metodo as much as he scored 53pts using Hamburg.

I do apologise for butting in @FuddledFox, but I think you must’ve wrote a typo with @Daejeoncitizenworship using Hamburg twice😅.

Edited by L_Dotz
Week 3 Challenge

This week you have all split yourselves into two groups within your teams. Each group will play roughly the same challenge with some slight differences in squad setup and scoring and then each groups points will be combined to give the team its overall score, the team with the most points takes a point in the competition. With both teams on 4pts this is the chance for one of you to get a slight advantage going into the final weeks H2H’s.

The Groups

Thanks to Rich and Broodje Kip for getting these organised nice and quickly.

🇬🇧 Group of 4

@Woody

@Ian

@leedsunited87

@Albionic

🇬🇧 Group of 3

@Rob

@MikeF

@Rich

🌍 Group of 4

@geordiekrispy

@Dai_ 

@hhooo 

@Victor77 

🌍 Group of 3

@Mr Tree

@broodje kip 

@Daejeoncitizenworship 

The Challenge

Pay attention here as the challenge changes slightly depending on if you are in a group of 3 or a group of 4.

So far you haven’t had much to do in the transfer market but that is about to change as you do an almost complete squad rebuild. Of course there are some rules and restrictions to this rebuild otherwise it wouldn’t be much of a challenge now would it. Depending on which group you are in depends on if you will have a full outfield squad of strikers or of defenders and I will explain more now.

Group of 4 Rules

• You must build a squad of no more than 18 players (including goalkeepers) with every outfield player being a natural striker.
  • You must sell or demote all players in the squad that aren’t natural (light green) at striker.
  • You can have as many goalkeepers in the squad as you like but they must be the club’s original goalkeepers and the squad cannot be bigger than 18 players in size.
  • The strikers cannot have either light or dark green in any role further back than striker when the save starts if they are already in the squad or when you sign them. So they cannot be any shade of green as say a winger or AM but they could be yellow in those positions or any other position further back.

Group of 3 Rules

• You must build a squad of no more than 18 players (including goalkeepers) with every outfield player being a natural centre back.
  • You must sell or demote all players in the squad that aren’t natural (light green) at CB.
  • You can have as many goalkeepers in the squad as you like but they must be the club’s original goalkeepers and the squad cannot be bigger than 18 players in size.
  • The CB’s cannot have either light or dark green in any role further forward than defence when the save starts if they are already in the squad or when you sign them. So they can be green as a full back but no better than yellow as a defensive midfielder or any position further forward than that.

Rules for both Groups

• This is a full season challenge and all competitive games count towards your score.
  • You can supplement the squad with players from your reserves if needed but they must follow the same position rules as the players you are buying in. These reserve players don’t count towards the squad size of 18.
  • You can use players already at the club if they fit the position rules of your group this includes players on loan.
  • Once signed you can train players however you want (make sure you get a screenshot of there positions when guy sign them though as proof they were eligible for the team).
  • Your squad must be complete by the time the first transfer window closes and you cannot sign any more players in the next transfer window.
  • Players must be signed permanently for the club either for a fee or a free transfer. No loans and no part exchanges.
  • I want everyone to finish the season so you can use the “unsackable” unlockable. Other than that no other unlockables are allowed.
  • You can have any reputation and coaching badge you want.
  • No editing, reloading, holidaying or cheating in anyway.
  • No test saves so once you start that is your attempt.

Club Choice

Everyone in the team must play as the same club so you all need to decide who you will manage. That club can be in any league/division in the vanilla database but they cannot play in Continental competitions.

The team points and the Golden Mobile points are slightly different so that you don’t all score the same for the GM league table.

Group of 4 points - The following points will be given to each player and then totalled up to give. Group score.

3pts a win in all competitions

1pt a draw in all competitions

-1pt for every goal conceded in all competitions

Group of 3 points - The following points will be given to each player and then totalled up to give. Group score.

1pt a draw in all comps

+1pt for every goal scored in all competitions

Team points

Group of 4 points + Group of 3 points = Team points

The team with the most points wins the week and gets 1 point.

Golden Mobile Points

These will be the points awarded for wins (3pts) and draws (1pt) only so that each of you will get your own score based solely on team performance. This is because the Groups of 4 lose points for goals conceded whilst the Groups of 3 gain points for goals scored so it would have been an advantage to be in the Group of 3 otherwise.

Screenshots - These must be sent to me in the PM you already have active with me.

• Profile page of each member of the squad either when they are bought or at the start of the season if they are already at the club
  • First choice goalkeeper’s profile and history at the end of the season.
  • League table
  • Cup matches you were eliminated in or the final.
  • Manager profile and history at the end of the season
  • Transfer history at the end of the first transfer window and also at the end of the season

Deadline: Saturday 24th July 2021 @ 10pm UK Time

Any questions then just ask in this thread or over PM and have fun.

20 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Week 3 Challenge

This week you have all split yourselves into two groups within your teams. Each group will play roughly the same challenge with some slight differences in squad setup and scoring and then each groups points will be combined to give the team its overall score, the team with the most points takes a point in the competition. With both teams on 4pts this is the chance for one of you to get a slight advantage going into the final weeks H2H’s.

The Groups

Thanks to Rich and Broodje Kip for getting these organised nice and quickly.

🇬🇧 Group of 4

@Woody

@Ian

@leedsunited87

@Albionic

🇬🇧 Group of 3

@Rob

@MikeF

@Rich

🌍 Group of 4

@geordiekrispy

@Dai_ 

@hhooo 

@Victor77 

🌍 Group of 3

@Mr Tree

@broodje kip 

@Daejeoncitizenworship 

The Challenge

Pay attention here as the challenge changes slightly depending on if you are in a group of 3 or a group of 4.

So far you haven’t had much to do in the transfer market but that is about to change as you do an almost complete squad rebuild. Of course there are some rules and restrictions to this rebuild otherwise it wouldn’t be much of a challenge now would it. Depending on which group you are in depends on if you will have a full outfield squad of strikers or of defenders and I will explain more now.

Group of 4 Rules

• You must build a squad of no more than 18 players (including goalkeepers) with every outfield player being a natural striker.
  • You must sell or demote all players in the squad that aren’t natural (light green) at striker.
  • The strikers cannot have either light or dark green in any role further back than striker when the save starts if they are already in the squad or when you sign them. So they cannot be any shade of green as say a winger or AM but they could be yellow in those positions or any other position further back.

Group of 3 Rules

• You must build a squad of no more than 18 players (including goalkeepers) with every outfield player being a natural centre back.
  • You must sell or demote all players in the squad that aren’t natural (light green) at CB.
  • The CB’s cannot have either light or dark green in any role further forward than defence when the save starts if they are already in the squad or when you sign them. So they can be green as a full back but no better than yellow as a defensive midfielder or any position further forward than that.

Rules for both Groups

• This is a full season challenge and all competitive games count towards your score.
  • You can supplement the squad with players from your reserves if needed but they must follow the same position rules as the players you are buying in. These reserve players don’t count towards the squad size of 18.
  • You can use players already at the club if they fit the position rules of your group.
  • Once signed you can train players however you want (make sure you get a screenshot of there positions when guy sign them though as proof they were eligible for the team).
  • Your squad must be complete by the time the first transfer window closes and you cannot sign any more players in the next transfer window.
  • Players must be signed permanently for the club either for a fee or a free transfer. No loans and no part exchanges.
  • I want everyone to finish the season so you can use the “unsackable” unlockable. Other than that no other unlockables are allowed.
  • You can have any reputation and coaching badge you want.
  • No editing, reloading, holidaying or cheating in anyway.
  • No test saves so once you start that is your attempt.

Club Choice

Everyone in the team must play as the same club so you all need to decide who you will manage. That club can be in any league/division in the vanilla database but they cannot play in Continental competitions.

The team points and the Golden Mobile points are slightly different so that you don’t all score the same for the GM league table.

Group of 4 points - The following points will be given to each player and then totalled up to give. Group score.

1pt a draw in all competitions

-1pt for every goal conceded in all competitions

Group of 3 points - The following points will be given to each player and then totalled up to give. Group score.

1pt a draw in all comps

+1pt for every goal scored in all competitions

Team points

Group of 4 points + Group of 3 points = Team points

The team with the most points wins the week and gets 1 point.

Golden Mobile Points

These will be the points awarded for wins (3pts) and draws (1pt) only so that each of you will get your own score based solely on team performance. This is because the Groups of 4 lose points for goals conceded whilst the Groups of 3 gain points for goals scored so it would have been an advantage to be in the Group of 3 otherwise.

Screenshots - These must be sent to me in the PM you already have active with me.

• Profile page of each member of the squad either when they are bought or at the start of the season if they are already at the club
  • First choice goalkeeper’s profile and history at the end of the season.
  • League table
  • Cup matches you were eliminated in or the final.
  • Manager profile and history at the end of the season
  • Transfer history at the end of the first transfer window and also at the end of the season

Deadline: Saturday 24th July 2021 @ 10pm UK Time

Any questions then just ask in this thread or over PM and have fun.

alot is going to happen in this week's challenge

So you have to have a full team of strikers, no defenders, or midfielders? I'm in group 4, can I use my own tactic? Also can you train a striker to play in any pos as long as they get to yellow? 

1 minute ago, leedsunited87 said:

So you have to have a full team of strikers, no defenders, or midfielders? I'm in group 4, can I use my own tactic? Also can you train a striker to play in any pos as long as they get to yellow? 

They need to have nothing more than yellow in any position other than striker when you sign them. Can be trained to any level once they're signed. That's what I grasped from the explanation. 

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

They need to have nothing more than yellow in any position other than striker when you sign them. Can be trained to any level once they're signed. That's what I grasped from the explanation. 

Nice one thats sorted 👍 cheers 🍻 

What @Dai_ said is correct.

17 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

I'm in group 4, can I use my own tactic?

Obviously you are all playing the same challenge in your group so I’m happy for you to compare notes on players and tactics as you are a team after all. Everyone has to play there own save though so no save sharing.

added 0 minutes later
34 minutes ago, hhooo said:

To clarify, do all 7 people need to use the same team, or will it be one team per group?

You need to decide as a team of 7 which club you will all use. So both groups manage the same club.

Just now, FuddledFox said:

What @Dai_ said is correct.

Obviously you are all playing the same challenge in your group so I’m happy for you to compare notes on players and tactics as you are a team after all. Everyone has to play there own save though so no save sharing.

Cheers buddy that clears everything up 👍 

I am am going to get battered haha, I'm useless at defending lmao 🤣 just waiting for our team to decide what we shall go for and I can crack on as I'm on 6 days this week 

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

Just one more clarification.

When I say you can use players already at the club if they fit the position rules I include players on loan in that.

Okay

8 hours ago, FuddledFox said:
 I want everyone to finish the season so you can use the “unsackable” unlockable.

I haven't been explicitly named here, but i am offended! :D

1 hour ago, geordiekrispy said:

I have a feeling there maybe some negative scores...

2 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

Done absolutely appalling, don't think anybody will do as worse as me on this challenge 

I think I would concede about 100 goals before it ends

34 minutes ago, Victor77 said:

I think I would concede about 100 goals before it ends

Least im not the only one then 🤣 one of the hardest challenges I've ever done, the strikers were just 🐕 💩