Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2021 - Week 4 Results

What to do if it’s a tie?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How should a tie be decided?

• A 5th Challenge
    • The team with most total challenge points over the 4 weeks wins

This poll is closed to new votes

Just submitted. Really love the tactic I found for this. Great challenge! I'll post it sometime in the next few days for fans of route one anti - football. 

2 hours ago, MikeF said:

The mind games are out already eh? 😜

Regular followers of vibe tournaments will be fully aware that I'm just crap. It's so frustrating! I mean, respect to you guys who are awesome at this game, but i keep expecting the penny to drop and it doesn't, i just can't figure out where or how i need to improve. Tactically i guess, some of you guys are very inventive 👍

47 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Regular followers of vibe tournaments will be fully aware that I'm just crap. It's so frustrating! I mean, respect to you guys who are awesome at this game, but i keep expecting the penny to drop and it doesn't, i just can't figure out where or how i need to improve. Tactically i guess, some of you guys are very inventive 👍

I’m more in your camp. I tend to just get stuck in and see what happens. Not a tactical expert by far. Lucky sometimes. Sometimes very unlucky 😂 

Same here. I generally find something that works to a good enough standard then try and tweak to what I need to do, get more assists/ score more goals/ concede less.

Edited by geordiekrispy

I’ve had a couple of people come forward and say that the score they submitted was on a 2nd or more attempt at the challenge.

You should submit the score from your first attempt as you should only be playing the challenge once. It’s the same as a football match teams only get one attempt at a game.

As there are some newbies to these kinds of events I should have made this clear at the start and no one is getting a 0 this week. One person has had points deducted from there total and the other is submitting there first attempt.

If anyone else submitted a score that wasn’t there first attempt at the challenge then I would appreciate it if you came forward and messaged me in private so that everyone is getting a fair chance in the event.

Week 1 - Team Challenge Results

Let’s start by addressing the controversy first as unfortunately three competitors had points deductions this week for a couple of reasons.

Dai and Hhooo both admitted that they played the challenge multiple times and the posted there best result. It has always been the case that challenges in Vibe events need to be played once with that attempt being your score unless otherwise stated. Dai submitted his first attempt which will be his score this week. He scored 33% less points in that attempt than his submitted score so I have deducted 33% of Hhooo points off of his attempt so they have had the same level of punishment.

Woody failed to read the challenge properly and didn’t realise he had to buy either the Big Man or Little Man in and ended up using players that were both already at the club. I decided in his case that I would give him the points for the player who scored the most points but not for the other player.

Hopefully everyone feels like they have been treated fairly and as this weeks challenge is only worth 1 point to the winning team it won’t effect the overall result too much especially with 7 points up for grab next week.

With all that out the way let’s see how everyone did starting with Great Britain.

@Woody - Celtic

Woody went with Leigh Griffiths as his Little Man and Odsonne Edouard as his Big Man but as I said above both start at the club so he only got the points for his best performer. That was Griffiths who scored 34 goals to score 68pts but then had 10 assists giving him a total of 58pts. He would have got an extra 8pts from his Big Man as well but for his misreading of the rules.

Woody Score: 58pts

@Rich - PSG

Unsurprisingly PSG was a popular choice this week and Rich used Mbappe as his Little Man and Andy Delort who he signed for Montpellier as his Big Man. This was one of the more impressive attempts as Mbappe had 63 goals and 10 assists and Delort made 40 goals with 20 for himself.

Rich Score: 176pts

GB Score so Far: 234pts

@Albionic - PSG

It was Mbappe again as the Little Man for Vibes resident Baggie and then Guido Carrillo signed from Elche as his Big Man. Mbappe was as impressive as usual with 58 goals and just 4 assists whilst Carrillo made 26 goals and scored 20 for himself.

Albionic Score: 153pts

GB Score so Far: 387pts

@Rob - Bayern

Rob headed to Germany in his attempt but he did use Mbappe as his signing. His Big Man was Maxim Choupo-Moting who if you don’t know despite the press banging on about it used to play for Stoke. Mbappe had 61 goals and then lost 11 points for assists and Maxim created 27 goals whilst scoring 17.

Rob Score: 148

GB Score so Far: 535pts

@Ian - Barcelona

Ian went with another popular choice in Barcelona and Messi as his Little Man. He raided AC Milan for his Big Man and signed Rafael Leão. The two worked well together with Messi getting 51 goals and only 3 assists whilst Leão had 30 assists and just 9 goals to his name meaning Ian had one of the smallest points deductions this week.

Ian Score: 150pts

GB Score so Far: 685pts

@leedsunited87 - Barcelona

It was the Catalan giants for Leeds as well and this time Messi had the honour of teaming up with Chris Wood. Wood seemed to enjoy life at Barca as he hit 20 goals and 16 assists whilst Messi got 38 goals and 13 assists. Unfortunately this was one of the lower scores this week.

Leedsunited Score: 75pts

GB Score so Far: 760pts

@MikeF - PSG

Finally for the GB team we have MikeF who was also in Paris. Mbappe did well for him hitting 51 goals and only 4 assists. He went for little known Malik Tchokounté from Dunkirk as his Big Man and he really got the best out of him with 33 assists and just 13 goals.

MikeF Score: 151pts

This gives GB a final total score of...

911 points

That looks like a decent total for the World team to beat.

@hhooo - PSG

As I said at the start Hhooo had 33% of his score deducted. Mbappe really did the business for him with a week high goal total of 86 and only 4 assists. Edin Džeko was his Big Man and he created 47 goals and only score. That gave a final total of 259 points but then he was deducted 86 points giving an actual total of 173 which is still the 2nd highest total so far.

Hhooo Score: 173pts

@Dai_ - Juventus

Dai also did well at PSG but then I had to count his Juventus attempt which scored 33% less points. Ronaldo was his Big Man and he managed an impressive 31 assists and just 7 goals out of the worlds greediest player. As his Little Man he signed Ansu Fati from Barca and got 38 goals from him and just 2 assists.

Dai Score: 129pts

World Score so Far: 302pts

@Mr Tree - PSG

This challenge definitely didn’t suit Mr Tree but all the points count in the team challenge. Mbappe scored him 25 goals and had 6 assists and then his signing as the Big Man was Islam Slimani who had 13 assists and 12 goals.

Mr Tree Score: 58pts

World Score so Far: 360pts

@Antonie - Borussia Dortmund

Like Rob Antonie went to Germany for his attempt but this time it was Dortmund so he could use Haaland. He signed Dries Mertens from Napoli as his Little Man and he scored 34 goals and had 5 assists. Haaland created 19 goals and scored 8 for himself.

Antonie Score: 98pts

World Score so Far: 458pts

@geordiekrispy - Barcelona

The Geordie who has spent so long in the Aussie sun he has gone Krispy went with a Ronaldo and Messi combination but could the two world greats combine? Ronny scored more goals than he assisted with 24 scored and 23 assists but Messi was better with 43 goals scored and just 11 assists.

Geordiekrispy Score: 100pts

World Score so Far: 558pts

@Daejeoncitizenworship - PSG

Daejon went for a partnership of Mbappe and Yussuf Poulsen in the French capital. Mbappe scored himself 50 goals and created 11 whilst Poulsen unfortunately scored more than he assisted with 15 assists and 17 goals scored.

Daejoncitizenworship Score: 102pts

World Score so Far: 660pts

This means that Broodje Kip will have needed to score 251pts to get a draw for the World team. Not impossible as Hhooo would have scored more than that without the deductions but it’s looking tricky.

@broodje kip - Benfica

Broodje went for Benfica which could be a smart choice as it’s a easier league with plenty of games. His little man was Juanmi who he signed from Real Betis and who scored 56 goals with 6 assists. Darwen Núñez was his Big Man and he created 18 goals whilst scoring 11. It was a good attempt but it isn’t going to be enough.

Broodje Kip Score: 131pts

World Score: 786pts

That means Great Britain take the first weeks challenge with 911pts compared to Worlds 786pts. Great Britain also take a 1 point lead in the competition.

1416801223_scoreweek1.png.658a04275c38892cfca85a1bfb7480c3.png

Golden Mobile

You can see how Great Britain won this week with 5 out of the top 6 scorers being in that team. It is Hhooo from the World team who is leading the way for them and finds himself in 2nd place. At the bottom the race not to win the Wooden Mobile award is just as close with Woody and Mr Tree neck and neck and then Leedsunited 17pts ahead of those two.

1407015074_goldenmobilewk1.thumb.png.0d40250b0861c668a85ca018d3bb6c37.png

Week 2 - H2H Singles

Next weeks challenge is H2H’s with a random draw being made and you each taking on a member of the other team at the challenge. Each H2H match will be worth 1 point to the team and if it’s a draw the point will be halved. The draw has been made and I will reveal the matches tomorrow and then the challenge will be out at some point on Monday.

Thanks for reading.

Great stuff, Foxy! Thanks for being understanding with us NooBs. I can say in all honesty it was in no way an attempt to get around any rules. Didn't realise it was a one and done kinda deal.

We've got a bit of catching up to do but I think we're capable! (If we stick to the rules 🤦‍♂️)

(ps. My best score was 194. I just want it known that I beat @Rich in a challenge. 👍)

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

My best score was 194. I just want it known that I beat @Rich in a challenge. 👍

Perhaps I should post the challenge on the index so everyone can have as many goes as they want and see if they can beat @hhooo incredible PSG efforts. Maybe @Rob would even let me make it a badge 🤔

4 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Perhaps I should post the challenge on the index so everyone can have as many goes as they want and see if they can beat @hhooo incredible PSG efforts. Maybe @Rob would even let me make it a badge 🤔

Fill your boots. 👍

Well sorted out @FuddledFox and a nice write up.

I went with the idea of proper trying to stop the two players doing what I didn’t want them to do. It was somewhat mixed as I feel I succeeded in doing that but our team results weren’t so great.

Looking forward to next week now.

Nice choice of big man @Rich, he was someone I used earlier.

I want to drop a little hint I picked up that really helped me with this challenge. Two footed players, like Dzeko, Son, Kane, will take corners at a different angle from other players. They take the corner straight on, rather than making a curved run, and the flight of the ball is also less curved. This creates a much better angle for low - aerial players to get a near post run on the ball, or to pick someone out who is marking the keeper. So despite Dzeko's 11 crossing and Mbappe's 8 aerial, they combined for about a dozen goals from corners. 

@Rob you know that took me 4 hours and I cannot believe I got the best score. Well done everyone, look forward to the next one 😁

3 hours ago, Rich said:

@Rob you know that took me 4 hours and I cannot believe I got the best score. Well done everyone, look forward to the next one 😁

Days, not hours.

Great write up Foxy, Mbappe is insanely good, he had 19 shooting, 20 movement and 20 pace by the end! Let's hope Britain can stay in the lead. 

Great work every one. A lot happening this round it seems, especially to keep the ref busy. Lots of tension... Can't wait to see what happens next round!

Week 2 - The Fixtures

Week 2 is H2H matches so you will play a member of the other team with the one of you with the most points that week scoring 1 point to your team total. That means there is 7 points in total up for grabs so that 1-0 lead 🇬🇧 has doesn’t look so big now. Your own points will obviously be used for the Golden Mobile table as well.

I put everyone’s names into a random draw website to come up with the following fixtures.

🇬🇧                🌍 

@Rich v @geordiekrispy

@MikeF v @Dai_

@Woody v @hhooo

@leedsunited87 v @broodje kip

@Ian v @Mr Tree

@Rob v @Daejeoncitizenworship

@Albionic v @Antonie

The official draw result from the website is in the spoiler.

Spoiler

BF0193F0-1E33-42CB-A48A-F735A020F726.thumb.jpeg.fcb915f3a6c7af772316033da85290fa.jpeg

There is some mouthwatering fixtures this week with a few games that look really hard to predict. You now have just over 24hrs to indulge in mind games against you opponent as the challenge will be out tomorrow around lunch time.

argh

no one can seem to spell daejeon correctly

also i'm against the mighty rob? uphill battle but i think i'm up for it

Edited by Daejeoncitizenworship
7 minutes ago, Daejeoncitizenworship said:

argh

also i'm against the mighty rob? uphill battle but i think i'm up for it

Pretty normal for us, Asian to see it happens 😂

14 minutes ago, Daejeoncitizenworship said:

argh