Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2021 - Week 4 Results

What to do if it’s a tie?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How should a tie be decided?

• A 5th Challenge
    • The team with most total challenge points over the 4 weeks wins

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

So we just doing the FMM ultimate top 2 then ;)

Bring it on @Rich (I've no doubt you'll completely demolish me)

Had to be two Newcastle fans against each other didnt it! Take it easy on me 😝

13 hours ago, Rich said:

Had to be two Newcastle fans against each other didnt it! Take it easy on me 😝

As long as it's not re-create Bruceball it'll be fun.

Week 2 - H2H Singles - The Challenge

If you don’t know who you are playing this week then scroll up and you will find the fixtures there.

This week you will be going back in time and using three different formations from footballs dim and distant past. You will be playing each formation on separate saves of 15 league games each and then your score will be your total league points and GD added up.

I will explain that more in a moment but first up let’s take a look at the formations.

The Pyramid - 1800’s to post WW1

This formation was first recorded in as being used in the 1877’s when Wrexham won the Welsh Cup and the record said the Pyramid used “two fullbacks (Called centre backs nowadays), three halfbacks (midfielders these days) and five forwards”. This tactic was the standard with the odd variation right up until the 1930’s across the world.

E9A850B0-A585-4985-BBC1-716EDE769075.thumb.jpeg.b1dbe4ddad79facdbbdd03c4b321b94b.jpeg

The Metodo - 1930s

In the 1920’s Central Europe was a hot bed of football innovation as they started to add in more skill and flair to the game that up until this point was much more reliant on brute force. This type of football became known as the Danubian School because it was based in the nations along the Danube River with the Austrian “wunderteam” of the 1930’s being the pinnacle of this form of football until Nazi occupation and WW2 put an end to all that.

Italy manager Vittorio Pozzo used these new ideas mixed in with some Italian pragmatism to win back to back World Cups in 1934 and 1938 using his Metodo tactic. It was based on the The Pyramid but the inside forwards (what we would now call strikers) who would have played either side of the centre forward were dropped back to help the midfielders more.

61F0AA4F-CC7D-4134-A56A-25CF40B9B504.thumb.jpeg.155bd4cd1a6b1df0c1c75e6c44d16d55.jpeg

The WM - 1920’s to early 1960’s

This is probably one of the most famous old formations as it was so successful and spawned many variations leading into what could be described as the “modern era” of football. It was developed by Huddersfield and then Arsenal manager Herbert Chapman as he added an extra defender to the back line. This formation led to central defenders being known as centre backs as the centre of the three defenders job was to mark the opponent’s centre forward whilst the full backs took care of the wingers.

F1C2ADDE-A20E-452A-BEFA-EA5BAB6E4B78.thumb.jpeg.341750597968a1e6383886e62fbe8cff.jpeg

The Challenge

You will be playing three separate saves of 15 league games with each save seeing you use one of the formations listed above. You can use any roles and team instructions you want within those tactics but you cannot change anything about the formation itself. You can manage any club in the game that isn’t in its nations top division eg. English Championship or lower, Serie B or Ligue 2 etc etc. You cannot manage the same team more than once. Your points will be League points + GD from the three saves.

Test Save

I am allowing you all to play a test save so that you can come up with a tactic that you are happy with for each formation. To keep things fair and equal there are some rules to follow if you choose to do a test save.

• You must manage Man City.
  • No transfers.
  • You cannot play more than one season or do more than one test save so all three formations must be tested within the course of one season of this one test save.
  • You don’t have to do a test save if you don’t want.

Challenge Rules and Clarifications

Team Choice: You can manage any team that isn’t in its nations top flight and is in the vanilla DB. You cannot manage the same team more than once so each save must be done with different teams.

Number of Games: Each save lasts 15 league games so once you have played the 15th league game you take your screenshots and start the next save. Only League games count towards your scoring so Cup games can be holidayed if you wish.

Tactic Rules: Each of the three saves must use one of the formations shown above so that you play three saves and use the three different formations for each one. The formation must not change from what I have shown above at any point during each attempt but you can alter team instructions and player roles.

Transfers: You cannot bring in any players to the club but you can sell players if you want.

Test Save Rules: See above.

Other Rules: Usual rules of no cheating, editing, vanilla DB etc apply and you must only play each attempt at the challenge once.

Holidaying: You can holiday cup games as they don’t count towards your score but you must play the league games yourself.

DB: You can use either the November or March databases.

Unlockables: You cannot use any unlockables other than coaching badge and reputation.

Points are league points + goal difference from each of the three saves added together.

Screenshots

Send the following screenshots to me in the PM we already have open. You can send them each time you finish a save if you would like so that you can use just one save slot but do not delete the save until I have acknowledged your attempt and score.

I need these screenshots from all three saves you play.

• Transfer history
  • Manager history and profile
  • League table
  • Profile page and history of your top scorer

Deadline: Saturday 17th July 2021 @ 8pm UK Time

Any questions then just ask here or in the PM you have with me for the event and most of all have fun.

Love the choice for this week's challenge!

My first ever challenge was the 7 formations one with Newcastle.

Really wanted to do an older challenge with these original formation too, so it's right up my street.

Very interesting challenge this week, looking forward to it

It is crazy how attacking the formations were in the past, no wonder Dixie Dean and others scored so many.

Looks awesome. Love the transfer ban. Really helps the reduce the downtime. Do you want any screenshots from the test save by chance?

Just so I know, so you do the 3 formations you have given us, and do 15 league games for each? Am I to take a screenshot 3 times for the 15 games for each formation? Just at work so just scanned through this quickly 

1 hour ago, leedsunited87 said:

Just so I know, so you do the 3 formations you have given us, and do 15 league games for each? Am I to take a screenshot 3 times for the 15 games for each formation? Just at work so just scanned through this quickly 

Yes it’s 15 games with each formation and the 15 games must be done on different saves and with different clubs as well.

I need the list screenshots from each save.

3 hours ago, hhooo said:

Do you want any screenshots from the test save by chance?

No it’s fine.

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Oooh nice challenge.

Come @hhooo lets be having you 😉

Make sure you read all the rules this week :P

3 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

No it’s fine.

Make sure you read all the rules this week :P

After tea im going to sit down with a cup of Yorkshires finest a read through it a few hundred times 😉