Fun/Games Vibe World Cup 2021 - Week 4 Results

What to do if it’s a tie?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How should a tie be decided?

• A 5th Challenge
    • The team with most total challenge points over the 4 weeks wins

This poll is closed to new votes

On 19/07/2021 at 17:28, FuddledFox said:
  • I want everyone to finish the season so you can use the “unsackable” unlockable. Other than that no other unlockables are allowed.

Asking for a friend... but what happens if people do get sacked and don't have the unsackable unlocked?

20 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Asking for a friend... but what happens if people do get sacked and don't have the unsackable unlocked?

You get the points you scored up till the point you were sacked.

Just submitted. Think I did really well. Good fun finding the right team to play and building a unique squad with weird niche players. And the league we played in was like a museum of Prem and Ligue 1 football circa 2014. Tons of players I hadn't thought about in ages. 

Finished mine as well but have no idea what good is to be honest, no idea if I’ve done well or done badly 😉

2 minutes ago, shay3979 said:

Any open spot may i join?

No sorry mate. It’s already in week 3 and next week we will have finished the tournament.

1 hour ago, shay3979 said:

I think this might be the last major commynity event, but watch out, since there's bound to be some big events once next year's game releases.

4 hours ago, Daejeoncitizenworship said:

I think this might be the last major commynity event, but watch out, since there's bound to be some big events once next year's game releases.

It’s not the last.

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

This round = yucky!

Gotta know where to get the supplies. Ex - soviet and middle eastern strikers know how to put in a proper tackle. 

On 22/07/2021 at 03:12, shay3979 said:

If @FuddledFoxand the ugly islanders aren't against it, I'd be happy for you or @L_Dotzto sub in for me for the last week? Clearly i was off my trolley when i put my hand up for this, and I've struggled to fit the challenges in, work etc. Plus I'm clearly shit :)

7 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

If @FuddledFoxand the ugly islanders aren't against it, I'd be happy for you or @L_Dotzto sub in for me for the last week? Clearly i was off my trolley when i put my hand up for this, and I've struggled to fit the challenges in, work etc. Plus I'm clearly shit :)

I also have troubles fitting this all into my schedule (I even had to vacation for about a month in the last challenge to fit this into my murderous korean schedule!)

I do think I can manage next week's schedule, but if I can't, anyone is welcome to fill in my spot as well.

This has been a very enjoyable event for me as it is my first Vibe WC since joining, and I apologise if I have to be subbed out for the last challenge.

22 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

If @Daejeoncitizenworship is pulling out then there is one spot available which @L_Dotz has first refusal on as he’s missed out a couple of times now.

@Mr Tree hasn’t pulled out though so it is just one place.

I'm pulling out because I don't have enough time. If I'm simming any amount of time in the season then I don't think I have the time nor the right to compete in this competition.

4 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Just @Woody left to submit now with 11 hours till the deadline.

I forgot to send it last night. Just done it 😲

added 0 minutes later
4 hours ago, Rob said:

Of all the things! 

😜

Week 3 - Results

With both teams neck and neck this was a big week for both teams as one of them could have a 1pt lead going into final week of H2H’s where we will crown the champions. So without any further delay here’s the results.

Group of 3 Results

These competitors had to build a squad of all CB’s and then they would be scored on 3pts a win, 1pt a draw and then + all goals scored.

The 🌍 Group of 3

Club Choice - Fenerbache

Unfortunately we start with some controversy.

@Daejeoncitizenworship posted the 2nd highest score out of both groups but unfortunately when I looked at his results it was very obvious he had holidayed. When asked he said he had holidayed a month or a little more but his manager points suggest it was more like half the season. As we are in week 3 now so everyone knows the rules I decided that I would have to give him 0pts this week to be fair to everyone else taking part.

@broodje kip Kip was top scorer for the 🌍 team group of 3 as he topped the league and made the 6th round of the cup. This gained him 105 points and then with 63 goals scored he had a final total of 168pts this week.

@Mr Tree was the 3rd member of this group and despite struggling so far this competition he can be pleased with his efforts here. He finished 6th in the league and made the cup semi finals which scored him 76pts and then he added 47pts from goals scored giving him a total of 123pts.

This gave the 🌍 team a score from the group of 3 of...

291points

🇬🇧 Group of 3

Club Choice - Espanyol

@Rich top scored for the 🇬🇧 group of 3 and had the highest total overall. He came 6th in the league which gave him some extra playoff games to play although I won’t tell you he lost 8-0 on aggregate to Rayo Vallecano in the playoff final. This all means he had 82 match points and then added 105pts from goals for a final score of 187pts.

@Rob came in 14th with Espanyol and went out of the cup in the 2nd round. He scored 59 match points and then scored 74 goals which gave him an overall score of 96pts.

@MikeF lead Espanyol to 17th place in the league and the 2nd round of the cup which gave him 47 match points. He then added 49 points on his total from goals to give him a score of 96pts overall.

This gave 🇬🇧 a score of...

416pts

This means that at half time the score is.

🇬🇧 416 v 291 🌍

Plenty of work for the 🌍 group of 4 to do then but remember they had to build a team of strikers and then stop goals going in as they lose a point for every goal conceded meaning minus scores are possible.

🌍 Group of 4

Club Choice: Fenerbache

@hhooo was the top scorer for the group. He won the league with Fenerbache and did well in the cup going out at the quarter final stage. This meant he had 110 match points and with just 25 goals conceded that gave him a score of 85pts.

Next up was @Dai_ who is topping the Golden Mobile table at the moment. He also won the league and he made it a double with the cup as well to give him 115 match points. He was less secure at the back though and so lost 52pts to give him a final score of 63pts

@geordiekrispy finished 2nd in the league and won the cup. This gave him 102 match points and then he lost 55pts due to goals conceded and scored a total of 47pts

@Victor77 had the lowest score in the group but it was a + total which will have helped the team. He finished 2nd in the league but he did win the cup. This meant he scored 93 match points and then with 49 points lost for goals conceded he scored 44pts.

🌍 Group of 4 Total: 239 points

This gives the 🌍 team a final score of 530 and a lead of 114 points over 🇬🇧 but will it be enough?

🇬🇧 Group of 4

Club Choice: Espanyol

@Woody came 11th in the league and went out the cup in the 3rd round. He scored 64 match points but unfortunately he conceded 85 meaning he had a -21 score. This stretched 🌍 lead to 135 points.

@Albionic gained some of that back though with a positive score. He won the league and got to the 3rd round of the cup. This meant he scored 82 match points and then he remained relatively solid at the back conceding 58 goals to score 28 points and reduce the 🌍 lead to 107pts.

@Ian struggled for results and was eventually sacked with the team 19th in the table and with three games to go he also went out the cup in round 2. This meant he had 38 match points but with 71 goals conceded his score went down to -33 points. This stretched the lead of the 🌍 team to 140 points in what is now looking unassailable.

It would prove unassailable as @leedsunited87 also struggled and was sacked with 9 games to go and Espanyol bottom of the league but he did make round 3 of the cup. In total he had 14 match points and then lost 85 points to give a score of -71.

This gave 🇬🇧 Group of 4 a total score of -97pts.

The final score this week was.

🇬🇧- 319 points

🌍- 530 points

This means going into the final week it’s advantage the 🌍 team as they lead by a point now. There is 7 points available next week though so this can all change very quickly and it’s all to play for.

330485646_scorewk3.png.3938a70931ce504cf1d1970c181f39fe.png

Golden Mobile

It is looking like it’s between Dai and Hhooo now for this award with Rich probably too far behind now to take the top spot.

Scores for the Golden Mobile were only Match Points this week so no one lost any points on the board.

Scores in full.

Spoiler

3BFC9180-DF97-431F-977C-F0CCA2AEC246.thumb.jpeg.48b49b7775e8af94f445772827e5fbf7.jpeg

829895802_goldenmobilewk3.thumb.png.0b16fc248ec62ab99f08d44fa9f9cc06.png

That brings week 3 to an end and I will post the fixtures for week 4 tonight.

Thanks for reading.

Great write up and I'm actually shocked that the world team managed to sneak a win overall.

Using a team full of strikers was one of the hardest things I've tried. But I did have the budget version compared to @hhooo :)

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

@FuddledFox great write-up as always. Shame GB’s leadership let us down this week. When the boys wanted motivation and needed ‘Churchill, we got Iain Duncan-Smith.’

Always going to be hard for any leader when they got someone like Rob who needs his hand held from start to finish 🙄