Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Suggestions

So I've been wondering if we could have these little touches into our dear game to increase the fun in it.

• Press Talk
  • Pre & Post-match interviews: I think we should have the opportunity to brag on upcoming matches and to talk after the match.
  • Team talk during match: What about motivating/Criticizing/praising/ our players during or at halftime and or at fulltime of the game to increase the morale of our players in the game as that can even improve our chances of winning matches too.
  • Fluid Formation/Tactics: We've seen many manager using different instructions in a game where at sometime you see them playing a different formations when in possession and different one  when out in possession and in some cases too, they have a different setup for Kick-Off.
  • In-Game Sound: The game without any sound is really BoRIng.

What do you think? It is an opinion though☺️

Edited by Frimpong Evans

I love post and pre match interviews. Team talk is a pretty great one too as both of these increase team moral.

About the formation, I believe making asymmetrical formation would help that. I’m currently having a 3-1-3-1-2 formation when attacking and they will go to 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 when defending.

I would agree we already have formations that change in attack and defense based on your mentality and player roles. I don't really care about the media stuff and team talks seem like they would get formulaic very quickly imo. 

The media stuff could be cool in concept but very dull in reality.

Attributes; I would like to see more stats (Not just 17) or they could add a pop up screen where we can finally see those hidden attributes.

Scouts; They are pretty useless to me, that's why i end up using player search to find the players that suit my team.

Tactics; They duped us with those templates. I want more than just tapping "through balls" or "work into box", etc.

Transfers; Where are the additional fees and clauses like minimum goals fee and so on. Transfers are way too simple.

Finances;  Just make sure your wage and transfer budget are secure and all's good? NO, I want to make money from friendlies, a scouting budget, not recklessy sending scouts all over the world and should be denied from playing in the Premier league or Bundesliga because my staduim is small

AI; I want it do adapt to my tactics meaning i always need to find the one that suits my opponent better and not some plug-and play, leaving me undefeated the whole season (Those events are rare in football, lets keep it like that), they should make better transfer decisions.     

Board; Right now, you need a miracle for them to accept your requests.

General; Continue keeping it offline, I'm already paying for the game.

Those are just my wishes

Edited by YungGaffer
49 minutes ago, YungGaffer said:

The media stuff could be cool in concept but very dull in reality.

Attributes; I would like to see more stats (Not just 17) or they could add a pop up screen where we can finally see those hidden attributes.

Scouts; They are pretty useless to me, that's why i end up using player search to find the players that suit my team.

Tactics; They duped us with those templates. I want more than just tapping "through balls" or "work into box", etc.

Transfers; Where are the additional fees and clauses like minimum goals fee and so on. Transfers are way too simple.

Finances;  Just make sure your wage and transfer budget are secure and all's good? NO, I want to make money from friendlies, a scouting budget, not recklessy sending scouts all over the world and should be denied from playing in the Premier league or Bundesliga because my staduim is small

AI; I want it do adapt to my tactics meaning i always need to find the one that suits my opponent better and not some plug-and play, leaving me undefeated the whole season (Those events are rare in football, lets keep it like that), they should make better transfer decisions.     

Board; Right now, you need a miracle for them to accept your requests.

General; Continue keeping it offline, I'm already paying for the game.

Those are just my wishes

I don't think you'll see things like more attributes or financial management, Marc Vaughan is on record saying the game is supposed simpler/pick up and play, and he doesn't want to do things like that, saying things like this:

"One thing to mention however is that FMM is not intended to be the PC game and I don't ever want it to become overly complex in nature as it would heavily slow down gameplay and become far less suited to the mediums we release it upon (ie. phone and tablet)."

As for transfers, he did say this when someone suggested the Transfer system desperately needs a revamp:

"We don't give out features for our products this early on - but I will say that mobile devices have come a long way since the mobile game was first developed (and the current shortlisting/transfer system designed) and that I think you'll be happy with our plans for the next version when they're announced."

That said, I wouldn't expect too much from it as he later said this:

"I haven't implemented 'installments' for payments because it'll require people to do 'math' to determine their budgets and what can be spent etc. ... I do realize that irl they happen, but I'm actively trying to keep things a tad simpler and more fun in FMM than having to have a calculator on hand to work out whether you can afford a player."

27 minutes ago, YungGaffer said:

😞😞😞

There is little fun in "simple"

You can try a lot of challenges here and they certainly aren’t simple 

25 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

You can try a lot of challenges here and they certainly aren’t simple 

I like playing llm saves with no "glitches" or "save and reload". I like bringing a small club to greatness realistically so I am no stranger to the pain of losing promotions and all the hardships along the way. I like them, they have taught me a lot about the game and how to improve in it. So it's not about the challenge that I bring to myself but the challenge that the game brings to me like the stadium rule or finances and other real life scenarios, if you catch what I'm saying.

13 minutes ago, hhooo said:

One thing that would be nice is more specific mentoring and the ability to teach PPMs to players. 

What are PPMs ??

Edited by YungGaffer
1 hour ago, YungGaffer said:

I like playing llm saves with no "glitches" or "save and reload". I like bringing a small club to greatness realistically so I am no stranger to the pain of losing promotions and all the hardships along the way. I like them, they have taught me a lot about the game and how to improve in it. So it's not about the challenge that I bring to myself but the challenge that the game brings to me like the stadium rule or finances and other real life scenarios, if you catch what I'm saying.

What are PPMs ??

Player preferred moves is what they're called in normal FM, it's these things here:

Screenshot_2021-07-09-18-54-36-82.thumb.jpg.09d3f895555c3a833b0782be86f3046a.jpg

And in full FM you can get an older player to teach them to younger players. Would be a cool idea to make teams and players more unique. 

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

I haven't implemented 'installments' for payments because it'll require people to do 'math' to determine their budgets and what can be spent etc. ... I do realize that irl they happen, but I'm actively trying to keep things a tad simpler and more fun in FMM than having to have a calculator on hand to work out whether you can afford a player."

Why would anyone need a calculator to work out there budgets as the game should just do that. You could use instalments for transfers 25 years ago on Champ Man and the game worked it out for you.

2 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Why would anyone need a calculator to work out there budgets as the game should just do that. You could use instalments for transfers 25 years ago on Champ Man and the game worked it out for you.

Yeah, if it were up to me, I'd leave all the current features in the game (but fix the bugs) and then I'd add the stuff missing from up to say CM01/02 or sometime around then. I would not want it much more complicated that, certainly nothing like full FM today, but it could benefit from some more depth.

4 hours ago, hhooo said:

Player preferred moves is what they're called in normal FM, it's these things here:

Screenshot_2021-07-09-18-54-36-82.thumb.jpg.09d3f895555c3a833b0782be86f3046a.jpg

And in full FM you can get an older player to teach them to younger players. Would be a cool idea to make teams and players more unique. 

Ohhhhh, True, that would be cool indeed. Strange how some players have none.

4 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I don't think even normal fm players use calculators.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, if it were up to me, I'd leave all the current features in the game (but fix the bugs) and then I'd add the stuff missing from up to say CM01/02 or sometime around then. I would not want it much more complicated that, certainly nothing like full FM today, but it could benefit from some more depth.

Just looking for the normal fm but rather a scaled down to mobile version.

Interviews and team talks, i don't see the point - at the moment, similar interactions have a maximum of 5 feedback options, and you just have to learn which one to press to boost your team's morale (or avoid a negative effect). Presumably any such addition would be the same sort of thing. So just a generic option to press, slowing the game down. 

Never understand this desire for sound either. You can easily just listen to what you want if the game alone is "boring". If they added sound it would have to be optional (and i think most would turn it off), and what are you thinking - whistles for fouls, ooohs for chances, cheer for a goal? What else?! It would be very easy for them to add but I'm sure they just don't see the point...

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Interviews and team talks, i don't see the point - at the moment, similar interactions have a maximum of 5 feedback options, and you just have to learn which one to press to boost your team's morale (or avoid a negative effect). Presumably any such addition would be the same sort of thing. So just a generic option to press, slowing the game down. 

Unless the full fat PC version has changed drastically over the last few years then that is exactly what happens in that. You get the same general questions and you answer the same or just get your Assman to do them for you. 

2 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Never understand this desire for sound either. You can easily just listen to what you want if the game alone is "boring". If they added sound it would have to be optional (and i think most would turn it off), and what are you thinking - whistles for fouls, ooohs for chances, cheer for a goal? What else?! It would be very easy for them to add but I'm sure they just don't see the point...

Those days when we used to play Real Football Manager(RFM) on Java Phones(cell Phones), there were team talks after each half of a match and it's either you praise the team or you Criticize them which helps to boost the team morale for the second half. There were the ability to talk to the players one by one and also to talk to them in General. Sometimes we need to talk to the whole team rather than choosing them one by one( to save time). I think 1/1 should be used for individual performance only. Why will it be difficult to add "Team Talk" button on the match screen? And also on the Squad screen?923152-real-football-manager-edition-2009-j2me-screenshot-half-time.png.87f46aa26aca0da555380d771900f4fe.png

Edited by Frimpong Evans
1 hour ago, Frimpong Evans said:

Those days when we used to play Real Football Manager(RFM) on Java Phones(cell Phones), there were team talks after each half of a match and it's either you praise the team or you Criticize them which helps to boost the team morale for the second half. There were the ability to talk to the players one by one and also to talk to them in General. Sometimes we need to talk to the whole team rather than choosing them one by one( to save time). I think 1/1 should be used for individual performance only. Why will it be difficult to add "Team Talk" button on the match screen? And also on the Squad screen?923152-real-football-manager-edition-2009-j2me-screenshot-half-time.png.87f46aa26aca0da555380d771900f4fe.png

Not difficult, but pointless. Just an extra thing you'll be "obliged" to do, or on the other hand you'll get people"i was 1-0 down, i told them to play better, and i still lost, so it doesn't work" :(

One-to-one instructions are more interesting but otherwise yeah, these feel like cosmetic touches rather than genuine game improvement, where there's plenty of scope for development.

2 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Unless the full fat PC version has changed drastically over the last few years then that is exactly what happens in that. You get the same general questions and you answer the same or just get your Assman to do them for you. 

Or you storm out every time

4 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Not difficult, but pointless. Just an extra thing you'll be "obliged" to do, or on the other hand you'll get people"i was 1-0 down, i told them to play better, and i still lost, so it doesn't work" :(

One-to-one instructions are more interesting but otherwise yeah, these feel like cosmetic touches rather than genuine game improvement, where there's plenty of scope for development.

Pointless🤔.....it is a game.....we play to have fun right?☺️.......my emphasis on the fun aspect☺️

11 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

"i was 1-0 down, i told them to play better, and i still lost, so it doesn't work"

But it happens in reality too🤭

8 hours ago, Frimpong Evans said:

But it happens in reality too🤭

Sure, but people would say the team talk feature is not working, etc. So what are you really suggesting, how would it work? You have 3 or 4 options, as above, and you have to keep choosing one of them at half-time of every game in the hope that sometimes it helps your team? I do get what you mean but it doesn't sound like fun to me to have more button-presses in pursuit of a small artificial boost to performance...

38 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Sure, but people would say the team talk feature is not working, etc. So what are you really suggesting, how would it work? You have 3 or 4 options, as above, and you have to keep choosing one of them at half-time of every game in the hope that sometimes it helps your team? I do get what you mean but it doesn't sound like fun to me to have more button-presses in pursuit of a small artificial boost to performance...

This is kind of my view, I've a long history of being against "media" and linked interactions in the game as it's unneeded bloat. 

That last sentence by @Mr Treesums up my frustration with FMM perfectly. Personally I'm sick to death of the "SI interference" for lack of a better term and attempts at "realism" which for me have ruined not only the games pick up and play ability but also it's fun. 

What do I mean by SI interference? Basically all the BS like jadedness, moral, media interactions, relationships and basically everything that takes away from what the core gameplay is being tactics and players/transfers. 

FMM has slowly turned into the Sims where I'm micromanaging everything......Yes this is a management sim so that's to be expected somewhat and I want elements of that, however when performances and results are being impacted by things I have little to no impact on or the information to make informed decisions about I get fed up. 

The game throws a multiple choice questionnaire at you, you pick the wrong answer based on what SI decided and guess what? Now you're striker might get a 6/10 if you're lucky because the game decided the player is going to have a paddy that day. It's the first time you're playing in a week, your striker doesn't perform and boom you realise when you last played the week before you didn't rest him so now he's jaded and out for two weeks, enjoy the guess work lads. A player moans his training isn't intensive enough, day one of intensive training and he's out for 9 months. 

To me FMM has always been about the tactics, the players and the transfers and I think that's what it's lost in recent years. For what it's worth I actually do like 2021, it's the first game I've liked in years. However when I really think about it all the "on the box features" I ignore and let the AI do it as it's not worth it and gets in the way of what I want to be doing, and any media interactions would fall into that category too for me. 

Set pieces feels like the first time the game has got back to its roots in years and it was a game changer to me, I love them but I do think they could be improved in a few small ways. 

I've said before I don't want questionnaires and multiple choice questions. I want stats, information and a tactical game, not a dating sim. 

14 hours ago, Ashez said:

This is kind of my view, I've a long history of being against "media" and linked interactions in the game as it's unneeded bloat. 

That last sentence by @Mr Treesums up my frustration with FMM perfectly. Personally I'm sick to death of the "SI interference" for lack of a better term and attempts at "realism" which for me have ruined not only the games pick up and play ability but also it's fun. 

What do I mean by SI interference? Basically all the BS like jadedness, moral, media interactions, relationships and basically everything that takes away from what the core gameplay is being tactics and players/transfers. 

FMM has slowly turned into the Sims where I'm micromanaging everything......Yes this is a management sim so that's to be expected somewhat and I want elements of that, however when performances and results are being impacted by things I have little to no impact on or the information to make informed decisions about I get fed up. 

The game throws a multiple choice questionnaire at you, you pick the wrong answer based on what SI decided and guess what? Now you're striker might get a 6/10 if you're lucky because the game decided the player is going to have a paddy that day. It's the first time you're playing in a week, your striker doesn't perform and boom you realise when you last played the week before you didn't rest him so now he's jaded and out for two weeks, enjoy the guess work lads. A player moans his training isn't intensive enough, day one of intensive training and he's out for 9 months. 

To me FMM has always been about the tactics, the players and the transfers and I think that's what it's lost in recent years. For what it's worth I actually do like 2021, it's the first game I've liked in years. However when I really think about it all the "on the box features" I ignore and let the AI do it as it's not worth it and gets in the way of what I want to be doing, and any media interactions would fall into that category too for me. 

Set pieces feels like the first time the game has got back to its roots in years and it was a game changer to me, I love them but I do think they could be improved in a few small ways. 

I've said before I don't want questionnaires and multiple choice questions. I want stats, information and a tactical game, not a dating sim. 

😤😤😤

15 hours ago, Ashez said:

Haha this part is the one that frustrates me the most in FMM. I had a lot of testing on this and can confirm that the performance of the players are almost random especially for greater players like Mbappe, Haaland, Felix, etc. in the first round they’d score 5/6, the second could be 1 and 3 in the 3rd attempt. Sometimes you get 5/6 again in the 4th. Pretty shit way of determining stuffs though 😂

So I'm imagining if we could sign staff(especially a scout) for the national teams too. So that they may help in assigning players. What do you think?