Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Trenches, Kids, and a Tight Fist

A "no signing" challenge in leagues with the lowest reputation has made LLM more interesting for me. I swam down to the trenches of Europe to save the worst club in Ireland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. Too bad the San Marino leagues don't exist.  I'd love to go deeper. 

It started when I figured out the formula to quickly improve any lower league squad. 

- Offer players to clubs
- Sell them off for a decent price
- Gather the cash
- Lure free agents + decent players around who will obviously improve the team. 

The fact that I could just apply the formula and send my team to the top of the table with one transfer window ruined it for me. I love a slow, gruelling journey. I needed to sweat and bleed more. 

Trusting the kids in the worst club in the last division of the nations with the least reputation  is insanity. But a challenge is always welcome in times like this. I was almost losing interest in the game. To make the game tougher, I added a defensive system to the restrictions. Old school 4-4-2 without gegenpressing on steroids. 

I do not plan to use kids only. I'll use the available players. I  want to ram my way to success without making any purchase. Any new addition to the team will be a youth player.

This suicidal mission has made me focus on training, tactics and in-game management. It's a tough world down here in the trenches, but it's been  very engaging. 

Northern Ireland is where you'll want to be. No season is longer and more brutal. And my lord the players are bad. It's a wonderful time. 

5 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Northern Ireland is where you'll want to be. No season is longer and more brutal. And my lord the players are bad. It's a wonderful time. 

Yeah. It's the worst of the worst. Did one with Tobermore United just a week before this post. They are definitely the lowest rated team in N.Ireland. The board's expectation was improvement of the team. Not a mid table finish, not a top half finish. Just improve the team. 

Got promoted and relegated twice. Although, I believe it's much harder because I'm not pressing all over. Gegenpress is a cheat code in this game. But I chose not to follow the way of the high press.