Jump to content
FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlielfc24

Chat What makes a good set peice taker?

Recommended Posts

I always go for players with positive related messages on the Coach Report screen.

Eg for corners, you'd ideally want someone with "Can deliver a good corner". If I have more than one, I'll order them based on the Crossing attribute. If I don't have any, then I'll do the same with "Good delivery from crosses". And if I have none of those, then I just use Crossing. Some people take footedness into account for corners, but I don't bother. 

Similar thing for free kicks - I look for players with positive messages related to that (can't remember the exact wording at the moment).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go off shooting for set pieces, the higher the better really, corner I look at crossing and passing. I have 1 striker who shoots from the middle of my tactic, 8/10 it goes in, everyone is different 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crossing + technique or shooting + technique for me. But like @Scratch I do tend to look for people with triats suggesting they have good dead ball delivery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of the traits I think it is as follows.

  • Can deliver a good corner - Good at corners.
  • He is an effective penalty taker - Good at penalties.
  • Is an effective free-kick taker - Good at free kicks.
  • Effective set-piece taker - Good at corners and free kicks.
  • An expert in dead ball situations - Good at corners, free kicks and penalties.

 

A few examples below.

Bruno has the positive dead ball trait so is good at pens, corners and free kicks.

B2ED16DA-07A9-425D-97FB-FFCB0ED1C55B.thumb.png.5c3979f71f6ecf9afcf8184d37fb0f49.png

 

Trent here with the corner one.

38C4090B-2FC5-44C8-A442-444D29FB5FA3.thumb.png.6b019d7570054bd1c7501791e3e1d80a.png

 

Ziyech has the positive set piece trait so is good at free kicks and corners but not necessarily pens.

B68AA629-6DEF-4691-B5D1-338EB6B4BF6D.thumb.png.4e0dc695c1150fdfa229b8dde2b1d4fb.png

 

Pogba here. Based on this report, he’s good at pens and free kicks. If he had also been really good at corners he’d have had the dead ball positive trait instead of the two individual ones.

0A79EA8F-11FF-4712-85B1-EC3E1AB5520E.thumb.png.2acef65c9fc0e420fc8aabfcc19ad64a.png

 

You get negative ones for pens and free kicks which is worth checking. Take Mane here who is unconvincing at both pens and free kicks.

8FF1276D-D1C7-4FD9-B26D-5B1022E7BBF8.thumb.png.98e14b6db1ede3fc11063f2a40978a88.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/07/2021 at 12:35, Ian said:

In terms of the traits I think it is as follows.

  • Can deliver a good corner - Good at corners.
  • He is an effective penalty taker - Good at penalties.
  • Is an effective free-kick taker - Good at free kicks.
  • Effective set-piece taker - Good at corners and free kicks.
  • An expert in dead ball situations - Good at corners, free kicks and penalties.

 

A few examples below.

Bruno has the positive dead ball trait so is good at pens, corners and free kicks.

B2ED16DA-07A9-425D-97FB-FFCB0ED1C55B.thumb.png.5c3979f71f6ecf9afcf8184d37fb0f49.png

 

Trent here with the corner one.

38C4090B-2FC5-44C8-A442-444D29FB5FA3.thumb.png.6b019d7570054bd1c7501791e3e1d80a.png

 

Ziyech has the positive set piece trait so is good at free kicks and corners but not necessarily pens.

B68AA629-6DEF-4691-B5D1-338EB6B4BF6D.thumb.png.4e0dc695c1150fdfa229b8dde2b1d4fb.png

 

Pogba here. Based on this report, he’s good at pens and free kicks. If he had also been really good at corners he’d have had the dead ball positive trait instead of the two individual ones.

0A79EA8F-11FF-4712-85B1-EC3E1AB5520E.thumb.png.2acef65c9fc0e420fc8aabfcc19ad64a.png

 

You get negative ones for pens and free kicks which is worth checking. Take Mane here who is unconvincing at both pens and free kicks.

8FF1276D-D1C7-4FD9-B26D-5B1022E7BBF8.thumb.png.98e14b6db1ede3fc11063f2a40978a88.png

 

On 15/07/2021 at 11:19, Ashez said:

Crossing + technique or shooting + technique for me. But like @Scratch I do tend to look for people with triats suggesting they have good dead ball delivery. 

 

On 15/07/2021 at 10:22, leedsunited87 said:

I go off shooting for set pieces, the higher the better really, corner I look at crossing and passing. I have 1 striker who shoots from the middle of my tactic, 8/10 it goes in, everyone is different 

 

On 15/07/2021 at 10:14, Rich said:

 

 

Have a look in @SK15Kev’s topic, may be of help👍

 

On 15/07/2021 at 09:08, Scratch said:

I always go for players with positive related messages on the Coach Report screen.

Eg for corners, you'd ideally want someone with "Can deliver a good corner". If I have more than one, I'll order them based on the Crossing attribute. If I don't have any, then I'll do the same with "Good delivery from crosses". And if I have none of those, then I just use Crossing. Some people take footedness into account for corners, but I don't bother. 

Similar thing for free kicks - I look for players with positive messages related to that (can't remember the exact wording at the moment).

 

On 15/07/2021 at 12:35, Ian said:

In terms of the traits I think it is as follows.

  • Can deliver a good corner - Good at corners.
  • He is an effective penalty taker - Good at penalties.
  • Is an effective free-kick taker - Good at free kicks.
  • Effective set-piece taker - Good at corners and free kicks.
  • An expert in dead ball situations - Good at corners, free kicks and penalties.

 

A few examples below.

Bruno has the positive dead ball trait so is good at pens, corners and free kicks.

B2ED16DA-07A9-425D-97FB-FFCB0ED1C55B.thumb.png.5c3979f71f6ecf9afcf8184d37fb0f49.png

 

Trent here with the corner one.

38C4090B-2FC5-44C8-A442-444D29FB5FA3.thumb.png.6b019d7570054bd1c7501791e3e1d80a.png

 

Ziyech has the positive set piece trait so is good at free kicks and corners but not necessarily pens.

B68AA629-6DEF-4691-B5D1-338EB6B4BF6D.thumb.png.4e0dc695c1150fdfa229b8dde2b1d4fb.png

 

Pogba here. Based on this report, he’s good at pens and free kicks. If he had also been really good at corners he’d have had the dead ball positive trait instead of the two individual ones.

0A79EA8F-11FF-4712-85B1-EC3E1AB5520E.thumb.png.2acef65c9fc0e420fc8aabfcc19ad64a.png

 

You get negative ones for pens and free kicks which is worth checking. Take Mane here who is unconvincing at both pens and free kicks.

8FF1276D-D1C7-4FD9-B26D-5B1022E7BBF8.thumb.png.98e14b6db1ede3fc11063f2a40978a88.png

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry I've not responded to everyone sooner. But hopefully it helps all your tips. Just because I've done 4 seasons now and as far as I know I think I've scored once for a corner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Remember to read the rules!
Guest Rules
Remember:
  • English only
  • Read everything before posting
  • No spam, abuse, flooding or excessive swearing
  • No discussion about or links to piracy or any unapproved advertising
  • Do not give away personal information such as passwords
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×