Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat B Teams (young player development)

I currently have a career with Villareal without paying too much attention to the B team they are in the Spanish second division. Will young players who I want to develop still develop well playing in the Spanish second tier or in the first division. Will they develop the same as being on loan or not develop at all?

Thanks 

Not so sure in fmm 21 but in fmm 20, for whatever reason, B teams don't use the same quality training facilities as your A team and I doubt that has changed. 

On top of this, your player might not improve in the second tier if he's reached the point where he requires playing at a higher level to improve (generally the case with wonder kids). 

For those reasons, I prefer to simply keep them in the A team or loan them out. Just make sure the loaned club has decent training facilities/coaches and gives your player enough game time.

12 hours ago, Thirsk said:

Not so sure in fmm 21 but in fmm 20, for whatever reason, B teams don't use the same quality training facilities as your A team and I doubt that has changed. 

On top of this, your player might not improve in the second tier if he's reached the point where he requires playing at a higher level to improve (generally the case with wonder kids). 

For those reasons, I prefer to simply keep them in the A team or loan them out. Just make sure the loaned club has decent training facilities/coaches and gives your player enough game time.

I think they have the same training facilities and coaches now, and ye take them out when they need to play a higher level but I’ll give it a try. Do you know how to get better affiliate clubs because I keep getting bad ones that my players don’t want to join

Yeah, I think the training facilities issue was fixed up this year, based on discussions on the SI Games forum. I don't think it's very different from Reserves anymore.

I know most people used to feel players in a B-team didn't progress as well as those in the Reserves, but I'm not seeing that anymore. Although, and this is a key point here, the game doesn't actually show the improvement (with the green arrow things) in players in a B-team.

They are still getting it though. For eg. one of my players in the B-Team, looks like he has no improvement happening:

2136692684_Screenshot_20210801-214917_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.57fdc869327d4d01a99aee26d0d06bb4.jpg

Promote him to the first team and you can see he has actually been improving in the B-Team, you just couldn't see it:

1600300337_Screenshot_20210801-214935_FM21Mobile.thumb.jpg.6ed3bc34b4eaad0b455ea4098039c747.jpg

I normally let real young players spend some time in the B-Team, then loan them out when they are 18 or so. But I don't have a hard rule with that or anything, just can't be bothered loaning everyone out, so I focus on the older ones whose 'time is running out' before I give up on them...

On 31/07/2021 at 04:46, NoahLovedale said:

I think they have the same training facilities and coaches now, and ye take them out when they need to play a higher level but I’ll give it a try. Do you know how to get better affiliate clubs because I keep getting bad ones that my players don’t want to join

Affiliations seem the best if they have good ones from the start but tough to know which clubs start with affiliates or not . Be nice if there was a list as i tried checking on web and teams listed there have none when starting in FMM 21. Man city seems to be the obvious choice as they start with the most but besides them I found a few with decent affiliates to start out. 

Another thing I wonder about affiliates are do players progress better if they are in a playable league with a full fixture list ? 

On 02/08/2021 at 02:47, DIRECTFX said:

Affiliations seem the best if they have good ones from the start but tough to know which clubs start with affiliates or not . Be nice if there was a list as i tried checking on web and teams listed there have none when starting in FMM 21. Man city seems to be the obvious choice as they start with the most but besides them I found a few with decent affiliates to start out. 

Another thing I wonder about affiliates are do players progress better if they are in a playable league with a full fixture list ? 

Affiliation Links are the best to develop young crops