Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help The best opposition against the opponent's mentality?

samperr

There’s typically no plug and play option. It depends on your system and your players. Focus more on what suits your team than what the opposition are doing and if it’s not working in match, then tweak it. Need a goal - go more attacking. Leaking goals - more defensive. 

7 hours ago, MikeF said:

There’s typically no plug and play option. It depends on your system and your players. Focus more on what suits your team than what the opposition are doing and if it’s not working in match, then tweak it. Need a goal - go more attacking. Leaking goals - more defensive. 

It is as you say, I have been doing some tests with different tactics and it is quite difficult to respond to the rival, or I think I am not so good at analyzing

Edited by samperr

Remember it also takes a while for your players to become comfortable in a new tactic so if you keep changing it they can’t settle. Maybe find how your team plays best overall and stick to they only changing when you need to chase a game or protect a lead. 

An alternative would be I guess being more defence minded when playing away or bigger teams and playing more attacking at home but i tend to stick with my system home and away. 

Remember too that you can have a defensive formation playing with an attacking mentality and vice versa. If you have a very attacking formation and attacking mentality you’ll be very vulnerable so you can balance mentality and player positions. A very attacking formation might suit a defensive mentality as it means the players will take fewer risks but still be in attacking positions when they have the ball. 

3 minutes ago, MikeF said:

Remember too that you can have a defensive formation playing with an attacking mentality and vice versa. If you have a very attacking formation and attacking mentality you’ll be very vulnerable so you can balance mentality and player positions. A very attacking formation might suit a defensive mentality as it means the players will take fewer risks but still be in attacking positions when they have the ball. 

Right now I play with a tactic that you could say is visually a kind of tiki taka and is very solid offensively and defensively, but when you meet teams that seem like no matter what you do, you are always going to lose it is a bit frustrating but it is the magic of FM

7 hours ago, samperr said:

Right now I play with a tactic that you could say is visually a kind of tiki taka and is very solid offensively and defensively, but when you meet teams that seem like no matter what you do, you are always going to lose it is a bit frustrating but it is the magic of FM

Try being a Spurs fan. There are plenty of teams we meet where we just know we’re going to lose 😂