Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 2/3/2/3 Overload.

Hello vibe! Finally after a 2 year hiatus, I've decided to play the game again (at long last have the money to buy the game again lmao) and have been enjoying the experience so far. Today, I want to share this tactic of mine that I have been refining since I've first found out about it here around 2018. Without further explanation here's the meaty part of the article

Screenshot_2021-08-25-11-37-28-727_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.9f2a18e822a539df935fcd70a5d9bbe0.jpg

This is the 2323 (you can also say 23212 but in play it is in both technical and practical terms a 2323), which in essence is a variant of the more well known 433/41221. Now there will be further variants that will differentiate from this as I further develop the thread but this is what we're going to use as the base form of this tactics

Roles being:

SK - the only role you'll ever use with this setup, since an able and technically sufficient SK will add another layer to your offensive play by instigating moves from deep

BPDs - Another chief component of the setup, you'd like these players to be technically sound while having good mental and fitness stats to cope with the demands of the system

WB/IWB - One of each depending on what role sits in front of them in the forward line. Imo this gives you the best option in terms of maintaining balance in transitions either from offensive or defensive plays

DM/RP/DLP - The most diverse role of the system and might I add the most important. Who plays here will determine how the system will play out and affect the defensive and offensive setups that the system will be operating. A good DM will mostly suffice, but I personally prefer a FDJ-type to play a deep RP as this gives you the most in terms of possession power in the opponent's half which is what I personally see is the best option for this system

RP/AP - Usually it'll be the combination of the two at the heart of the midfield, but personal opinion is if the CDM is an RP then I would usually do a double AP system in the middle. Feel free to tweak to BBM/CM if you do indeed prefer a more safer route 

- The F9 of the system. Usually expect him to score an abundance of goals and the focal point of your attack. Tasked with goalscoring and chance creation, you would mostly want a technically gifted player to play the role with good mental strength and perhaps some value in defensive abilities. If you choose a more Firmino-esque type, feel free to tweak to a SS setup

IF/AF - The last two roles and also the ones that will decide what roles their wingback partners will play. Preferably place the IWB on the flank that the AF is playing, and put the WB on the opposite flank alongside the IF

Screenshot_2021-08-25-11-55-28-260_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.8ef3f57561b911e3991df84d327d766a.jpg

Moving to Shape, pick Overload as the mentality. This encourage the players to play as offensively as they can be. You can toggle it down to Attacking/Control if you feel it's best for your group of players. Always pick Narrow, as this allow the intricate passing play this system is based around to be played sufficiently and making your side compact and hard to play against. For Tempo I used both Slow (mostly) and Normal at times, it's down to preference. Creative Freedom is up to preference aswell, Expressive is my forte, but a more Disciplined approach can also be effective

Screenshot_2021-08-23-09-40-05-505_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.3259e3787e1fdd1805e47805b6a484fa.jpg

For Defensive Line, this is player dependent. If you believe in your players ability to get back in shape and be able to function on a high line then go for High. If you're having doubts, then play Balanced (Tip: this is also the more airtight defensive option, have tested this on numerous lower teams, it does sacrifice your offensive play for an even bigger defensive stability which is really neat imo). Closing Down will always be All Over. Tackling can be tweaked between Cautious/Normal. Offside Trap is dependent on the aforementioned Defensive Line. Also, No on wasting time, please it's not a good thing to do mate (lol)

Screenshot_2021-08-23-09-40-09-246_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.8e6e88c962c956e5ffb8837a07f5fe7b.jpg

Lastly, the Attacking setup. WIB and RAD are mainstays as imo it synergise the best based on my experience but you can also go for TBs based on what formation and shape your opponent choose to play with. Passing Style is Short so as to allow better ball retention and steady progressive plays. Passing Focus is mixed unless certain matchups allows for a change (ex: Your IF facing up against an inexperienced fill in FB). Try and keep GK distribution Short (maybe mixed but I found the SK to do that often anw based on whether he can fashioned a chance from it)

Well that's it folks. I'll update this as I go on since I'm planning to be active again now that I found my desire to play again. Feel free to comment, experiment, discuss, and critic anything that you found on this, and have fun playing 🙏

Edited by d e m a r a i
Adding some tidbits of words here and there (1). Fixed an error where the roles are were unintentionally swapped (2).
On 23/08/2021 at 04:17, d e m a r a i said:

Hello vibe! Finally after a 2 year hiatus, I've decided to play the game again (at long last have the money to buy the game again lmao) and have been enjoying the experience so far. Today, I want to share this tactic of mine that I have been refining since I've first found out about it here around 2018. Without further explanation here's the meaty part of the article

Screenshot_2021-08-23-09-39-57-225_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.e97ebb89dd8a90577a7ecbc4ad448c1e.jpg

This is the 2323 (you can also say 23212 but in play it is in both technical and practical terms a 2323), which in essence is a variant of the more well known 433/41221. Now there will be further variants that will differentiate from this as I further develop the thread but this is what we're going to use as the base form of this tactics

Roles being:

SK - the only role you'll ever use with this setup, since an able and technically sufficient SK will add another layer to your offensive play by instigating moves from deep

BPDs - Another chief component of the setup, you'd like these players to be technically sound while having good mental and fitness stats to cope with the demands of the system

WB/IWB - One of each depending on what role sits in front of them in the forward line. Imo this gives you the best option in terms of maintaining balance in transitions either from offensive or defensive plays

DM/RP/DLP - The most diverse role of the system and might I add the most important. Who plays here will determine how the system will play out and affect the defensive and offensive setups that the system will be operating. A good DM will mostly suffice, but I personally prefer a FDJ-type to play a deep RP as this gives you the most in terms of possession power in the opponent's half which is what I personally see is the best option for this system

RP/AP - Usually it'll be the combination of the two at the heart of the midfield, but personal opinion is if the CDM is an RP then I would usually do a double AP system in the middle. Feel free to tweak to BBM/CM if you do indeed prefer a more safer route 

- The F9 of the system. Usually expect him to score an abundance of goals and the focal point of your attack. Tasked with goalscoring and chance creation, you would mostly want a technically gifted player to play the role with good mental strength and perhaps some value in defensive abilities. If you choose a more Firmino-esque type, feel free to tweak to a SS setup

IF/AF - The last two roles and also the ones that will decide what roles their wingback partners will play. Preferably place the IWB on the flank that the AF is playing, and put the WB on the opposite flank alongside the IF

Screenshot_2021-08-23-09-40-01-681_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.bc97fca4ff7c642a03cbe93422506afa.jpg

Moving to Shape, pick Overload as the mentality. This encourage the players to play as offensively as they can be. You can toggle it down to Attacking/Control if you feel it's best for your group of players. Always pick Narrow, as this allow the intricate passing play this system is based around to be played sufficiently and making your side compact and hard to play against. For Tempo I used both Slow (mostly) and Normal at times, it's down to preference. Creative Freedom is up to preference aswell, Expressive is my forte, but a more Disciplined approach can also be effective

Screenshot_2021-08-23-09-40-05-505_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.3259e3787e1fdd1805e47805b6a484fa.jpg

For Defensive Line, this is player dependent. If you believe in your players ability to get back in shape and be able to function on a high line then go for High. If you're having doubts, then play Balanced (Tip: this is also the more airtight defensive option, have tested this on numerous lower teams, it does sacrifice your offensive play for an even bigger defensive stability which is really neat imo). Closing Down will always be All Over. Tackling can be tweaked between Cautious/Normal. Offside Trap is dependent on the aforementioned Defensive Line. Also, No on wasting time, please it's not a good thing to do mate (lol)

Screenshot_2021-08-23-09-40-09-246_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.8e6e88c962c956e5ffb8837a07f5fe7b.jpg

Lastly, the Attacking setup. WIB and RAD are mainstays as imo it synergise the best based on my experience but you can also go for TBs based on what formation and shape your opponent choose to play with. Passing Style is Short so as to allow better ball retention and steady progressive plays. Passing Focus is mixed unless certain matchups allows for a change (ex: Your IF facing up against an inexperienced fill in FB). Try and keep GK distribution Short (maybe mixed but I found the SK to do that often anw based on whether he can fashioned a chance from it)

Well that's it folks. I'll update this as I go on since I'm planning to be active again now that I found my desire to play again. Feel free to comment, experiment, discuss, and critic anything that you found on this, and have fun playing 🙏

The IF/AF screenshot is opposite to what you've written about it. Just checking for when I give this a test, but which is the way you had it? The picture or your written instructions?

1 hour ago, Schwantz34 said:

The IF/AF screenshot is opposite to what you've written about it. Just checking for when I give this a test, but which is the way you had it? The picture or your written instructions?

The one written, just realized the photo didn't match, thanks for pointing it out 🙏 will update the photo after when I can

So simple thing to remember is, if one flank has an IF, make your fullback a WB.. then make the other flank have an AF and an IWB as their counterparts

Edited by d e m a r a i
17 minutes ago, Van The Man said:

Sorry, but without results it's meaningless. You also use a top team, with Messi..

is it truly meaningless? all i do is provide the blueprint, i dont need to prove anything. If you want to try it out, im grateful, if not i wont lose anything. That's why i explicitly encourage ppl to try it out for themselves and experiment. Alas, thank you for coming