Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Draft League

Titjes

58 minutes ago, Rich said:

This makes me less confident😂

Great post though Dan 😁

Cheers.

You know who I feel (almost) sorry for? @Kun Aguero.

• He’s 5th now.
  • He’s got 3 games vs Vibe teams, all away from home.
  • BUT he has an average of <1 point per game (based on his previous 5 away games vs Vibe teams).
  • That would give him only 2-3 points from these 3 games + whatever he can get from the other 2 games vs bottom half teams (4-6 points?).

After being in the top 2-3 for most of the season, he could end up doing a Leicester + finishing outside the top 4 (and missing out on his ‘$25m’ reward for not finishing in the top 4). Ouch.

Edited by DanEnglish
Edit - I’ll look really stupid if he wins the league now
24 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Cheers.

You know who I feel (almost) sorry for? @Kun Aguero.

• He’s 5th now.
  • He’s got 3 games vs Vibe teams, all away from home.
  • BUT he has an average of <1 point per game (based on his previous 5 away games vs Vibe teams).
  • That would give him only 2-3 points from these 3 games + whatever he can get from the other 2 games vs bottom half teams (4-6 points?).

After being in the top 2-3 for most of the season, he could end up doing a Leicester + finishing outside the top 4 (and missing out on his ‘$25m’ reward for not finishing in the top 4). Ouch.

The edit 🤣

Before I post the final updates of the season... There is some bad news for @YungGaffer

Spoiler

Our second manager sacking 😮 at the end of the season

Screenshot_20210916-161114.thumb.jpg.e1b173068cb2439042ba7c06638fb120.jpg

Your 2 option are:

1. Sign Rafa Benitez or Niko Kovac for 5M
  2. Sign any manager (that's not from another player) for 10M

58 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Before I post the final updates of the season... There is some bad news for @YungGaffer

Hide contents

Our second manager sacking 😮 at the end of the season

Screenshot_20210916-161114.thumb.jpg.e1b173068cb2439042ba7c06638fb120.jpg

Your 2 option are:

1. Sign Rafa Benitez or Niko Kovac for 5M
  2. Sign any manager (that's not from another player) for 10M

Big oof for Yung Kings

8 hours ago, Titjes said:

Ouch.

@Titjes - the screenshot shows you’re on May 24th, so the league (EPL) has probably finished, but the 2 Euro Cup finals aren’t played yet (ECL + Europa). 

• Are you going to wait for @YungGaffer’s reply before continuing the month in-game (which would make sense if he’s in the Europa final) ...
  • ... or are you going to continue the game to end-May, and then when @YungGaffer replies, then his choice gets implemented at the end of the month (which would make sense if he has no more games left).

Am just wondering ... 🙂 ... any hints on the *cough* league table *cough*. The suspense is killing me haha

8 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Ouch.

@Titjes - the screenshot shows you’re on May 24th, so the league (EPL) has probably finished, but the 2 Euro Cup finals aren’t played yet (ECL + Europa). 

• Are you going to wait for @YungGaffer’s reply before continuing the month in-game (which would make sense if he’s in the Europa final) ...
  • ... or are you going to continue the game to end-May, and then when @YungGaffer replies, then his choice gets implemented at the end of the month (which would make sense if he has no more games left).

Am just wondering ... 🙂 ... any hints on the *cough* league table *cough*. The suspense is killing me haha

@YungGaffer has time to make a choice until S2 starts (as europe doesn't count).

I hope to do the update by tonight, as I'm having internet problem since yesterday and they still haven't been able to fix it 😕

And it's not handy on my phone to make that big update 😅

IF the internet problems are still happening tonight, I will drop some hints on the league table 😜

4 hours ago, Titjes said:

IF the internet problems are still happening tonight, I will drop some hints on the league table 😜

I can imagine you just sending ONE screenshot of the league table - but just the bottom half / bottom 9-10 clubs!

Thanks again @Titjes for doing this - it’s great fun & we really appreciate you running it!

21 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

As long as we finish in the top 7, bielsa keeps his job :D

3 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Here is a little teaser to make you think

Hide contents

Only 4 out of 9 players managed to complete their Sponsorship Season Objective 😮😉

😬

11 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Reveal hidden contents

Only 4 out of 9 players managed to complete their Sponsorship Season Objective 😮😉

I believe that I’ve completed mine when we won the Carbao Cup?

21 minutes ago, Titjes said:

It seems @YungGaffer has not been on the forums since saturday, if he doesn't reply today he will be removed from the game.

You may want to give him a little more time (an extra day or two over the weekend?).

I’ve just sent him a message, so he should get an email notification reminding him. Let’s see.

6E052B4F-623F-4929-B65D-8C122A55E22A.thumb.jpeg.4dab48a0693a6b37ce3204d70d76ce35.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Hide contents

I'm one of them ;)

Edited by d e m a r a i
The ones that did achieve their seasonal objective ofc 🤣
15 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

You may want to give him a little more time (an extra day or two over the weekend?).

I’ve just sent him a message, so he should get an email notification reminding him. Let’s see.

6E052B4F-623F-4929-B65D-8C122A55E22A.thumb.jpeg.4dab48a0693a6b37ce3204d70d76ce35.jpeg

By tomorrow he has been offline exactly 7 days...

36 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Hide contents

Urgh. Then my (low) chance to win the league probably hasn’t happened. Urgh.

I think the analysis below is roughly correct - let me know if I got something wrong.

—————-

ACHIEVED:

• @broodje kip / Sandwich - already achieved (won Carabao cup)!

LIKELY:

NOT LIKELY

• @YungGaffer / Yung Kings - top 4 - 20% chance.
  • Me - win league - 20% chance.  

IMPOSSIBLE

1 minute ago, DanEnglish said:

I think the analysis below is roughly correct - let me know if I got something wrong.

—————-

ACHIEVED:

LIKELY:

NOT LIKELY

IMPOSSIBLE

Hey atleast it's still a champions league title for Pep lmao

Also we won the Community Shield earlier on the season and that counts XD

Edited by d e m a r a i
25 minutes ago, d e m a r a i said:

Also we won the Community Shield earlier on the season and that counts XD

Er ... I’m really sorry @d e m a r a i - but I don’t think the community shield does count.

@Titjes can confirm - but he said the European Cups + Community Shield “don’t count” in season 1 - because it is unfair, only 2 vibe players have the chance to win the community shield, and is not based on the vibe team’s past performance. That’s how I understood it.

26 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Er ... I’m really sorry @d e m a r a i - but I don’t think the community shield does count.

@Titjes can confirm - but he said the European Cups + Community Shield “don’t count” in season 1 - because it is unfair, only 2 vibe players have the chance to win the community shield, and is not based on the vibe team’s past performance. That’s how I understood it.

Indeed the Community Shield also doesn't count this season 😉

57 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

—————-

ACHIEVED:

LIKELY:

NOT LIKELY

IMPOSSIBLE

@broodje kip is indeed the obvious one who completed it 😁

As for the others, you're close with your analysis 😉

20 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Indeed the Community Shield also doesn't count this season 😉

@broodje kip is indeed the obvious one who completed it 😁

That's a bummer :(

51 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Oh you’re evil. Don’t give me hope. “It’s not the failure that gets you, it’s the hope.”

Hey gents

Sorry for not responding for some time. It's been a rough week (University), didn't want to bring my negative energy here but things have gotten better 🙂

Season Review: Yung Kings are probably in last with no season objective met but hoping we reached the *important* Euro Cup, just to boost my ego 🤣

Sacked Manager: Yung Kings are proud to replace "The Special One" with the only manager to win the Champions League in three consecutive seasons, Zinedine Zidane 🥳 (I hope i haven't wasted 10M)

Edited by YungGaffer
1 minute ago, YungGaffer said:

Quick question before the season results reveal

What would cause the manager not to play someone (Eg, Bellingham has only played 3 games this season)

His name is not Mikey Johnston :P 

2 minutes ago, YungGaffer said:

Quick question before the season results reveal

What would cause the manager not to play someone (Eg, Bellingham has only played 3 games this season)

Better players ahead of him probably, Bellingham has a high PA but he doesn’t start out looking that great. He’s great a few seasons in.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Better players ahead of him probably, Bellingham has a high PA but he doesn’t start out looking that great. He’s great a few seasons in.

Then why doesn't he just play him so he can develop a bit, on games where he picks a weak squad?

Just now, YungGaffer said:

Then why doesn't he just play him so he can develop a bit, on games where he picks a weak squad?

AI isn’t great mate, you don’t see players develop that well under them compared to how they do under your own guidance. They need to improve that part of the game.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

AI isn’t great mate, you don’t see players develop that well under them compared to how they do under your own guidance. They need to improve that part of the game.

Guess i should just hope for a miracle