Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Tottenham’s Peak Years - S2 results

Rob

1B66F901-3EDE-4A0C-A765-F457B763364B.jpeg.18d6c82d0013a553a0dcd32793831d67.jpeg

Thanks to @Rich for the cool graphic

I have gotten to that point with FMM where I’ve done my ‘thing’ for the year - my 1kc assist and goal double with Pipi - and have been searching for what’s next.

After many career attempts and ideas, I couldn’t find anything that got my gradually aging and child-ravished brain ticking, so I retreated back to my special FMM desk I had made, carved from the bones of Vibe legends of millenniums ago, and put on my thinking cap.

Then I took off my thinking cap as it made my scalp itchy and went back to basics.

• What is my favourite challenge? Peak Years;
  • Who is my favourite top league team? Tottenham Hotspur;
  • What interests me? Using players not everyone else has used

So for this challenge I am going to Tottenham Hotspur, who conveniently are running away with the Premier League as of the time of writing, to do the Peak Years Challenge.

The players will be revealed soon. They are excellent players themselves, but I’ve not seen them used too often. One of then I used in Strikerless saves in the past, another I used a few years ago as part of an MSN challenge, and the other is someone who I just love the look of.

If anyone has read this, then I gift you the present of gratitude and wish kindness upon you.

Lots of love,

Rob x

Just now, Rich said:

Sound a fun one Robert, looking forwards to seeing what players you use for this. Lovely graphic I must say.

Thanks Rich. It’s a great graphic

Nice intro post. Have been wondering a similar thing myself and also have been thinking of a Spurs save - but how high can Spurs go without buying / signing anyone new into the club.

I typically do this style with Man Utd for a few seasons as my first save in each FM version (it’s quite easy with them), but Spurs would be a nice middle ground.

Am not sure what a “peak years” challenge is, so will follow your progress and will soon find out

7 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Nice intro post. Have been wondering a similar thing myself and also have been thinking of a Spurs save - but how high can Spurs go without buying / signing anyone new into the club.

I typically do this style with Man Utd for a few seasons as my first save in each FM version (it’s quite easy with them), but Spurs would be a nice middle ground.

Am not sure what a “peak years” challenge is, so will follow your progress and will soon find out

Ha, forgot to explain that. I’ll explain in the player update - sorry.

That is a good idea for a Spurs career. Looking forward to seeing it!

9 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Good luck with this. No clues to the players? 

Bald bloke in Addams Family, one of the best goals at the Euros, and a Spanish midfielder who started at Mallorca.

On 31/08/2021 at 21:43, smoggy90 said:

Looking forward to seeing the players you are using mate, and best of luck. 

Thank you Mr Smog. Good to see you about!

Player Selections

I had to sell Kane and Son to grab these lads, which I’ll detail in season one update, but these are the chaps I have opted for:

F05F7757-D3D4-4FC3-A9E7-9446001A99EB.thumb.jpeg.95b7a7fc637ff887405d7b7e2205677f.jpeg

Asensio is someone I’ve used in Strikerless tactics before so it’ll be I retesting how he fits in behind strikers. Like the others, he is a second/third tier player, but he is one I know improves nicely.

592E868A-AAE1-47E7-8EC0-5259F1B28DAE.thumb.jpeg.0f6acd702078e91e1cae7ddc0ea1dd36.jpeg

Schick is a lovely striker with greens and ‘almost greens’ in the right spots. A fine addition to the club and one I looked forward to using.

81499C68-3963-4D35-8B18-2A9D7D59E124.thumb.jpeg.e7397bc6320774c55c8845ebdd5164f9.jpeg

Gomez turned 24 on the 14th August, just before I signed him and the season begins which was lucky as the players need to be 24 and above. He is a striking powerhouse.

I basically opted for a less-good version of Bruno, Kane, and Lukaku who are my dream three for this challenge.

For those who don’t know, the challenge last five seasons and your score is the total goals and assists for all selected players. I’ve opted to use three this time to go on to that leaderboard. I want to beat my previous scores and turn Spurs in to the dominant team in Europe.

Thank you for reading,

Rob x

Great choices mate, Gomez has always been a top signing when i've used him before.  Haven't used Schick so will following his progress closely.

5 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

Good luck mate, some nice signings there, partick is so under rated in RL, had bags of potential 

Thank you. It’ll be interesting where he does end up in the next few seasons.

4 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

Great choices mate, Gomez has always been a top signing when i've used him before.  Haven't used Schick so will following his progress closely.

Cheers. It always amazes me how little he is used - great player.

I like the choices. I’ve used both of the strikers a few times but not so much Asensio as he’s usually been one I would to cash in on one way or another if I’d go Real.

Good luck.

On 03/09/2021 at 22:51, Ian said:

I like the choices. I’ve used both of the strikers a few times but not so much Asensio as he’s usually been one I would to cash in on one way or another if I’d go Real.

Good luck.

Thank you Ian. I saw you use Schick and it reaffirmed my choice! 

Season 1 - Transfers

Rather than do season one in a big lump, I want to do transfers as there are a lot and, if anyone is interested, I want to highlight a few players to see what others think of them:

A9A398D6-FF02-467F-8109-B95834415C6B.thumb.jpeg.f533708a35b379caeaa0d9209569396e.jpeg1D7B43AF-4E74-4286-A9E9-71B4873617FD.thumb.jpeg.5d9aeadb36cb74d8ea56e9b9e4f2b4cc.jpegA76DD7D2-41F8-4FC4-A839-1632DAC5F34C.thumb.jpeg.93e2e33c3ef679ab2b864df898eeb38d.jpeg

Firstly, we got £281m for Kane and Son, which is a frankly stupid amount and completely changes Tottenham’s transfer budget. The main three lads joined via cash, sell-one, and in two occasions part-exchanges. 

A couple of incoming players I want to mention:

• Grealish. This lad is an absolute monster in the game. I managed to grab him in the winter transfer window. Anyone else had much fun with him?
  • Kurt Zouma. An absolute monster. Spoiler alert: he remains one of my first choice defenders through the whole five years. Any other folk relies on him?
  • Lamptey. It was between him and Max Aarons and I wanted to try something a bit different so I opted for him. Others had much joy?
  • Spinazzola. A player I always sign for my tactic, and it was kinda awesome seeing him have a wonderful World Cup. Anyone remember if he was as good in previous versions?

What a great rebuild. That amount of money for Kane and Son is always handy. 

I tend to stay away from Grealish because he usually scores more goals than I want him too. Taking away from my target players. BUT, he will bag assists if you allow him to take corners and free kicks.

I like Zouma. Quick and powerful. What a CB should be.

I haven't really used the other two. Lamptey is usually too expensive to gamble on and Spinazzola doesn't tickle my pickle.

I look forward to seeing you get started now.

Selling Hugo hurts. And buying from Chelsea would be off the cards personally. I've only used Grealish in my Kane/Son Badge early this year, he was a rotation winger that did fine, nothing special from what I remember. That was a system where I didn't want him to do much, though. 

Lamptey I've tried before but he's injured too often for my liking, and I find Aerial actually quite good for fullbacks, and his is about as bad as it gets. Spinazzola looks great but I haven't used him due to his price as opposed to guys like Hateboer or the other 3 dozen solid wingbacks Atalanta has

On 05/09/2021 at 19:42, Dai_ said:

What a great rebuild. That amount of money for Kane and Son is always handy. 

I tend to stay away from Grealish because he usually scores more goals than I want him too. Taking away from my target players. BUT, he will bag assists if you allow him to take corners and free kicks.

I like Zouma. Quick and powerful. What a CB should be.

I haven't really used the other two. Lamptey is usually too expensive to gamble on and Spinazzola doesn't tickle my pickle.

I look forward to seeing you get started now.

Lamptey was my risk and I always love Spina. Interesting that he doesn’t tickle your pickle. That makes me sad.

Jack isn’t on corners or free kicks… so doh! Haha.

On 06/09/2021 at 03:44, hhooo said:

Selling Hugo hurts. And buying from Chelsea would be off the cards personally. I've only used Grealish in my Kane/Son Badge early this year, he was a rotation winger that did fine, nothing special from what I remember. That was a system where I didn't want him to do much, though. 

Lamptey I've tried before but he's injured too often for my liking, and I find Aerial actually quite good for fullbacks, and his is about as bad as it gets. Spinazzola looks great but I haven't used him due to his price as opposed to guys like Hateboer or the other 3 dozen solid wingbacks Atalanta has

Wholeheartedly agree on Hugo. Wish he was younger, but I had to get Onana whilst he was still accessible. It’s going to be emotional when it happens in real life too!

On 06/09/2021 at 07:43, Rich said:

Some awesome signings there, nailed the transfers. Good luck for the season.

Thanks Richard

Grealish is awesome this year and i've nabbed Lamptey a few times but never really used him. 😕

I do love how you shop for players. It shows thought(but i could be wrong) 😆

12 hours ago, Woody said:

Grealish is awesome this year and i've nabbed Lamptey a few times but never really used him. 😕

I do love how you shop for players. It shows thought(but i could be wrong) 😆

Thanks Mr Wood. I do tend to get the same ones a lot of the time though 🤣

Grealish is almost like the perfect player for me and how I’ve generally played the game for the majority of this year. He can play really well in so many different positions.

I haven’t used Zouma much this year but remember using him a lot over the last few years. I still see him on my elite centre back searches though, a lot of the systems I use require quite a lot from the centre backs so he must be decent to show up there.

Never used Lamptey yet.

Spinazzola is another favourite of mine. I’m currently using a system with wide midfielders and inverted wing backs and he’d be a brilliant option for that system as I’m fairly sure he can play both positions on either side.

Hateboer is another good one that you’ve signed. I mean, he’s not brilliant but for the money he’s a decent option.

Good luck with the season.

Wow, nice rebuild mate - I'm no stranger to a complete overhaul, but the sheer quality of the players you're bringing in is amazing. I'm thinking this will be massive. Good luck mate (not that you need it!).

On 08/09/2021 at 17:12, Ian said:

Grealish is almost like the perfect player for me and how I’ve generally played the game for the majority of this year. He can play really well in so many different positions.

I haven’t used Zouma much this year but remember using him a lot over the last few years. I still see him on my elite centre back searches though, a lot of the systems I use require quite a lot from the centre backs so he must be decent to show up there.

Never used Lamptey yet.

Spinazzola is another favourite of mine. I’m currently using a system with wide midfielders and inverted wing backs and he’d be a brilliant option for that system as I’m fairly sure he can play both positions on either side.

Hateboer is another good one that you’ve signed. I mean, he’s not brilliant but for the money he’s a decent option.

Good luck with the season.

A Badge involving Grealish and others may be coming soon so you’ll be able to use him again and destroy the leaderboard!

Your new system sounds interesting. Sounds like Spina would be great in it.

Zouma is a monster it does show how good he is that he comes up in all your searches. He is beast mode!

On 09/09/2021 at 10:26, Scratch said:

Wow, nice rebuild mate - I'm no stranger to a complete overhaul, but the sheer quality of the players you're bringing in is amazing. I'm thinking this will be massive. Good luck mate (not that you need it!).

Thanks. I do often thing ‘What Would Scratch Do?’ (WWSD) when doing transfers.