Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries The Split 1KC (Actually Completed!)

Scratch

Absolutely smashing it Scratch. Not a fan of the tactic sharing myself - I think I’m in a group of one there - but you are destroying it!

On 04/10/2021 at 02:10, Rob said:

Absolutely smashing it Scratch. Not a fan of the tactic sharing myself - I think I’m in a group of one there - but you are destroying it!

Thanks mate. I've enjoyed playing with the tactic and writing it up, but I'm over it now. After the 6 months of strikerless (which I need to write up), I've settle on a tactic. It's not any better with getting him goals than any of the others - about a goal a game - but I will stick with it until the end now. I think...

On 06/10/2021 at 00:29, Scratch said:

Thanks mate. I've enjoyed playing with the tactic and writing it up, but I'm over it now. After the 6 months of strikerless (which I need to write up), I've settle on a tactic. It's not any better with getting him goals than any of the others - about a goal a game - but I will stick with it until the end now. I think...

I’ll bet you a Neighbours box set that you change your tactic again.

35 minutes ago, Rob said:

Surely on a football forum, it has to be Home and Away?

20 hours ago, Rob said:

Well I'd have to lose that bet on purpose! No one here actually watches Neighbours... Or drinks Fosters... We just send that crap overseas to gullible countries.

19 hours ago, StuartM said:

Surely on a football forum, it has to be Home and Away?

Nice! But ditto...

Leads me to a story - in the late 90s, I was living in a little village outside Oxford and used to go to a small gym in Witney. I went in one day, and there's Craig McLachlan (who starred in both Neighbours and Home and Away). It was super weird - two Aussies in a tiny gym in the UK countryside with only a couple of other people in there. He picked up on my accent and said hi, and obviously I said hi back, but didn't say much else - wasn't sure what to say! 

Anyway, I guess that just goes to show that I must be in the "crap we send overseas" bucket too, though I like to think I'm rehabilitated now...

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Well I'd have to lose that bet on purpose! No one here actually watches Neighbours... Or drinks Fosters... We just send that crap overseas to gullible countries.

Nice! But ditto...

Leads me to a story - in the late 90s, I was living in a little village outside Oxford and used to go to a small gym in Witney. I went in one day, and there's Craig McLachlan (who starred in both Neighbours and Home and Away). It was super weird - two Aussies in a tiny gym in the UK countryside with only a couple of other people in there. He picked up on my accent and said hi, and obviously I said hi back, but didn't say much else - wasn't sure what to say! 

Anyway, I guess that just goes to show that I must be in the "crap we send overseas" bucket too, though I like to think I'm rehabilitated now...

Love that story. See, most of the UK would have fainted in awe of celebrity there.

Seasons 8 to 10

This will be super quick, not even gonna bother with transfers anymore as it's a handful of young regens coming in and a few fringe players leaving each year.

Tactics

I gave the first half of season 8 above - I tried strikerless and it was okay, but not better than anything else, so I went back to this for the remainder of the save (tinkering days done now):

lainez-season08-20.jpg.e4f7bdcd00875418cd58855bdb850560.jpg

It looked really good at first, but then ended up similar to anything else after a bit. It's really hard to find a tactic that is next level. There are some that definitely don't work as well, but there are quite a few that give similar results.

Results

Won most things:

Spoiler

lainez-season08-13.jpg.6b003022dcaef2ce28e28310709f3578.jpg

lainez-season09-06.jpg.b43687faa53a22aeb5e38cb96139f190.jpg

lainez-seaso1n9-08.jpg.13249c83bc136e5c7b8ad9b69ae6abeb.jpg

Development

This is what he looks like at the end of Season 10 - about the same, but a bit of attribute loss from an injury.

lainez-seaso1n9-14.jpg.396949879d35a3459b288ae8ac0567b8.jpg

Just a word on injuries, I haven't bothered to write them up this time around, but he's been injured most years. Been relatively lucky I guess. For eg his longest injury was 2 months, but it happened a couple of weeks before the 6 week mid season break they have in Denmark. His one month injury in season 10 (before the screenshot above) may have been the most impactful as it came right in a busy bunch of games.

Contributions

You can see the last 3 seasons here:

lainez-seaso1n9-15.jpg.d226f6a61866915142e984510b3bab80.jpg

As you can see, season 9 was insane assist-wise, but then it really dropped off in season 10 for no particular reason - same tactic, mostly same personnel (a couple of tweaks), but nothing to explain that. Anyway...

Progress

Season Goals Assists
01 25 29
02 37 35
03 39 54
04 49 42
05 52 66
06 57 49
07 54 60
08 45 51
09 54 77
10 41 41
Totals 453 504

Thoughts

He's made the 500 for assists and just needs 47 goals to wrap this up.

Is this a good time to announce I'm abandoning this save so I can do a Sugar Daddy Newcastle save?

Nah, not even I would abandon it this close to the finish line... :D

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Scratch

Haha! No abandonment please. I'd be mortified if you did.

Three cracking seasons, even with the later being hindered by injury.

I'm currently doing this challenge. I haven't documented any of it yet. I'm a fair few seasons in and understand the frustrations. I've tinkered (no where near as much as you. I don't think that's even possible) so much because either goals or assists drop for no apparent reason.

If I could do it within 11 seasons like you're on course for I'd be ecstatic! Although, I'm in a significantly tougher League (with a very big team).

Well done mate.

ABANDON IT 😂

Na joking, you’ve done really well mate, that 77 assists in one season is outstanding, he’s been very consistent for you which is great. This should be done soon, good luck 🤞🏻

6 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Haha! No abandonment please. I'd be mortified if you did.

Three cracking seasons, even with the later being hindered by injury.

I'm currently doing this challenge. I haven't documented any of it yet. I'm a fair few seasons in and understand the frustrations. I've tinkered (no where near as much as you. I don't think that's even possible) so much because either goals or assists drop for no apparent reason.

If I could do it within 11 seasons like you're on course for I'd be ecstatic! Although, I'm in a significantly tougher League (with a very big team).

Well done mate.

Haha, not even I could abandon it that close to finishing, though I'm just about ready to move on.

It's been a frustrating save in many respects, but I do have to say I'm pretty happy with the numbers I've got, even if it seems I'm complaining sometimes. I just wish I could get things a little more consistent, but oh well. 

And as for the actual numbers, as I say, I'm pretty happy, but they should be pretty big at this point as the team is truly world class and Denmark ain't the strongest league....

1 hour ago, Rich said:

ABANDON IT 😂

Na joking, you’ve done really well mate, that 77 assists in one season is outstanding, he’s been very consistent for you which is great. This should be done soon, good luck 🤞🏻

Oh, yeah! I just started a Newcastle save and bought Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, and Kane to play up front! Goodbye Copenhagen! 🤣Only joking of course...

I feel like this tactic might do well in a 1KC and assist 1KC combo (with different people). The TM is getting 70 goals a year without pens and without proper wingers (they play as W but have low crossing). If Lainez was playing wide and crossing it in with his 19/20 Crossing, I think the TM would be scoring big. And if Lainez can get 77 assists through the middle (plus corners), I think I'd finally crack the 100 in a season if he was playing wide...

But oh well, one more season and I'll probably stop this (or season and a bit if that's what it takes)...

Also, one of the delights of this save has been the short team names in the game screen:

lainez-season11-04.jpg.d5f079d15837f5260e8207244594959d.jpg

I mean... FCK  MAN C. For that matter FCK anyone we play at home...

I'll miss that when I wrap this save up...

33 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Great stuff mate, that season 9 was sensational for assists!

Close to wrapping it up now, great work.

Thanks mate! Yeah, just about over. Really, really, really close to being over. :D

Season 11

Alright, on to season 11. He needs to score 47 goals to complete this, a number that he's surpassed in 5 of the previous 7 seasons. I'm hopeful he can wrap it up this season, as I'm ready to move on. It's going to be tight though...

Actually, let's forget all about transfers (hardly any) and results (won everything), and instead just jump to a point in time when there are 5 games remaining:

lainez-season11-07.jpg.bddcbc4cd6bb600649dafa876df853d6.jpg

And then let's look at where he is up to:

lainez-season11-06.jpg.38a2dea1291bb8d0a66311cac9d414d8.jpg

So, he needs 3 goals in the final 5 games. He should be able to bring that home!

But if you look at that schedule, you'll see those 5 games are over 11 days. He's already on the edge condition-wise and now he has to navigate this!

Actually, that's the one thing I dislike about playing in Denmark - they have less games, but instead of having a nice leisurely pace so players don't get exhausted, they have 6 weeks off in the middle of the season and spend the rest of the season going flat out with no time to breath...

Anyway, let's get back to it... The next game went down like this:

lainez-season11-11.png.d7e6bacebbeeb95ec913339fae328203.png

Great, he scored, so now we're looking at 2 goals from 4 games. Piece of cake.

Although his condition is 90 and I should really rest him so he is getting close to 100 for the following game (2 days later). But nah, I want this done, so I play him, but sub him earlier than usual:

lainez-season11-12.jpg.0505c9cfeaac9f85ee6271af3e9bac7c.jpg

He scores again, so now it's 1 from 3 that's needed. Could do it with his eyes shut!

But actually his eyes are drooping and his condition is 85%, even with the early sub. Surely he could manage a half? Let's play!

lainez-season11-13.jpg.67d9a753f64ebea7faa19c9be4cafc2b.jpg

Oh, that wasn't wise, he didn't score AND now he's down to 83% for the next game.

Another half game?

lainez-season11-14.jpg.4ce433b869fffdb993eb5a643948d562.jpg

Uh oh... No goals and now he has to play the final game with a condition of 88%. And it's not against easy Danish opposition, it's the UCL final. I should have rested him in one of those earlier games. 🙁

Spoiler

lainez-season11-15.jpg.da8ca4d789ee1ede144582e22c988a05.jpg

Did it!! Finishes with 500 goals (5 before I took over) and 567 assists:

lainez-season11-23.jpg.1fc91fa168bfbc66c21050076dccf321.jpg

Edited by Scratch
12 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Oh my, this actually got completed 🤣

Well done Scratchy lad! 

Thanks mate... I updated the post a bit (user error), not sure which version you saw, but yep, just scraped home... I mean, it wasn't really a big deal, if I'd fallen short, I would have just come back for a game or two next season, but where's the fun in a write up like that?

Edit: and oh yeah, I actually finished it... So proud!

Edited by Scratch
9 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Well done Scratchy lad! @Rich can never!

@Rich I know you probably don't want help and are most likely in denial, but it starts with the words: "My name is Rich and I'm a saveaholic"... If I can do it mate, so can you!

7 minutes ago, Scratch said:

@Rich I know you probably don't want help and are most likely in denial, but it starts with the words: "My name is Rich and I'm a saveaholic"... If I can do it mate, so can you!

I swear every morning Rich wakes up to see himself getting bantered in Vibe 🤣

Never in doubt! Even when he was seemingly losing the will to live in those final games.

Well done, Sir. An enjoyable career, even if it did make my eyes bleed and hurt my heart seeing all that bloody tweaking!

Edited by Dai_

Well done Scratch on a great career but most of all well done on actually completing the season which I’m very envious of and can now not think of doing something like that 😂

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

I swear every morning Rich wakes up to see himself getting bantered in Vibe 🤣

I’m here for it, I love me some banter for breakfast 😝

16 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Never in doubt! Even when he was seemingly losing the will to live in those final games.

Well done, Sir. An enjoyable career, even if it did make my eyes bleed and hurt my heart seeing all that bloody tweaking!

Thanks mate! I'll try to do some more tactics post in future!

added 0 minutes later
15 hours ago, Rich said:

Well done Scratch on a great career but most of all well done on actually completing the season which I’m very envious of and can now not think of doing something like that 😂

I’m here for it, I love me some banter for breakfast 😝

Thanks mate. You can do it. You got this! :D

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Meanwhile...

I'm Scamacca-ing the pony:

genoa-season09-08.jpg.050662e7ffa70d5ede0abf75ead9a47c.jpg

I’m not going to say I forgot about him, but he slipped my mind, get him that 5kc mate!

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

I’m not going to say I forgot about him, but he slipped my mind, get him that 5kc mate!

I just might mate, I just might...

genoa-season09-17.jpg.fa447c6c32175e04909d43f00c50a794.jpg

Probably left it a little late, but I finally found a next level tactic for a 1KC. Same tactic as using here for Lainez, but with the TM in the middle, and the Lainez T position converted to an AP, and with wingers with high crossing...

Edit, in case it's not obvious I went back to my Cangiano and Scamacca save to try this out and wow... Averaging 3 goals a game. Although disappointed with Cangiano's assists, still good, but not quite next level as I'd like.

Edited by Scratch
7 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Probably left it a little late, but I finally found a next level tactic for a 1KC. Same tactic as using here for Lainez, but with the TM in the middle, and the Lainez T position converted to an AP, and with wingers with high crossing...

Edit, in case it's not obvious I went back to my Cangiano and Scamacca save to try this out and wow... Averaging 3 goals a game. Although disappointed with Cangiano's assists, still good, but not quite next level as I'd like.

That is awesome mate, what a tally that is! You gotta keep at that one now, brilliant stuff. That has to be some sort of record 88 in 28 😯

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

That is awesome mate, what a tally that is! You gotta keep at that one now, brilliant stuff. That has to be some sort of record 88 in 28 😯

Yeah... If it wasn't 4 weeks until 22, I'd start a new 3KC. Maybe Esposito! :D But probably too late. 

Of course for anyone else who's reading, the 88 in 28 comes with team of truly world class players in a slightly weakish league (Italy is surprisingly weak to be honest). And with a 20 Crossing winger sending them into a 19 Aerial striker. Mileage may vary...

Edited by Scratch
1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Tactic bro?