Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-3-2-1 (Try if you want)


Recommended Posts

HI All

I am a veteran when it comes to this game, in regards to age and not how good I am¬†ūü§£

I don't really post much these days, I leave it to you young guys who have the time to understand all the ins and outs of the game these days, but I thought this would interest just a few maybe.

I apologies now if it looks like anybody else's, but believe me I just created and then used to the point it worked. I have tried with 4 different teams:

Everton - Wanted to see if I could maintain a good start using it, so start with a good team, but not really getting much done in the first season as it's dominated by the big 4 (probably more if you ask other opinions), who are quite hard to knock off their perch in the first season in Season 2020/2021. I completely changed the team as much as I could buying or swapping players I thought would suit the roles, and then getting freebies to bolster from Injuries or fatigue 

Jiangsu - Why, well because I could and I didn't know who was good and who was bad in the Chinese league, but boy do some give you lot's of money to play with. Again I tried not to waste the chunk on one player, as this would not really add benefit to what I was trying to achieve, so again tried to get players as cheap as, or free that could easily fit the bill, including 40 year old Gomes (GK), I don't know how I ended up buying a young midfielder (Matheus Henrique) for over £9Million?

Barcelona - This was obviously going to be quite easy, especially as Messi and co was still there, but again I wanted to change the whole team (well as much as I needed) to trial the tactic with new blood, so the likes of Pogba, Grealish, Marquinhos and Hulk was brought in, by my main aim was to see if I could get a striker I am not used to, scoring for fun, so I bought Umar Sadiq as his stats looked good for a relatively young guy.

Last but not least, my own Team - Oldham - I always want success with this team, and the Tactic could of gone either way, but a complete overhaul of the team, not a penny spent, I did ok with them, bringing in plenty of players who fit the roles for that division, and some were simply brilliant for what wages I could offer.

SO my aim was to work on players that had Speed, Stamina, and as much I could afford with some of the players in Passing, the rest of the stats were depending on position obviously, Striker I play is a Deep Lying Forward (DLF) so what stats are needed for him, well I didn't really know, I simply worked with the teams I took over, adjusting Roles until they worked, giving myself between 10 and 20 games before starting again if it simply didn't work. 

So again, I have not copied, looked at others, most look the same these days, you can't really not copy so relevance of a formation, but this is solely the decision of my own on Tactics, Formation, and roles, hopefully there will be some will simply say it is good and use it, others will say they have switched this and that, good luck, and others will say it simply doesn't work, well either way good luck to you all if you want to give it a go, or stick with what you know if not...

Tactic: 

IMG_0010.PNG.1aea0e1a9cc66c3821474b34f5038b74.PNG

Simple enough back 4 with 2 CD (I don't like BPD as I find we concede a lot more) and 2 WB, then 2 AM with a CM in the middle, and then 2 Wingers with pace and crossing, finished with a DLF to score the goals, nothing too complicated.

IMG_0046.thumb.PNG.7a033f3bad3df11bd58b6f262987b1d8.PNG

I went for an attacking Mentality, keeping the Width and Tempo as Balanced and Normal, but keeping the Creativeness as Expressive to try and move the ball better

IMG_0012.PNG.2a5f58dddaa9f0d850b4122d8664e6de.PNG

As for Defence, keep the Line high to try and stop the play in our half, Close everyone All over, keep the yellow and red cards down with Normal tackling, and I found if I use CD, the Offside trap wasn't really my cup of tea, so I switched it off (the might be a mistake, happy for comments).

IMG_0013.PNG.c0c531135a6582dd97bb55822dce89d0.PNG

Lastly Attacking, as I have WB I use the Look for Overlap to keep the attack strong, Work it into the Box as Run at Defence is on so hopefully more in the box to help set up the Striker. I play a more Direct game, as I see more benefit than watching the ball bounce back on forth to the defenders. With some teams, keeping the Mixed on Passing, I find I get more variation, again Short and Centre might benefit the Striker, but not this Tactic. GK keeps it Short, Simple

TEAMS - EVERTON

Came 3rd in my only Season behind Liverpool and Man City (of course it is 2020/21 as I said) 

Spoiler

IMG_0005.PNG.e47fc139cd6a88797efc4a34b0edd38a.PNG

IMG_0008.PNG.d00a542496bcfa93e816308b9146a82e.PNG

IMG_0009.PNG.2ea24ec395c023ec13c715b0b2f7b0d5.PNG

 

IMG_0042.PNG.875425da786de4c08756fe8b0584d471.PNG

IMG_0045.PNG.31882a4aae3e0b20c68c0c3c8cee2bbd.PNG

IMG_0006.PNG.e9b4a246966f1ff107cb0bb58ff0fa74.PNG

IMG_0007.PNG.c32e31539bbb2ac01d74d7738e3e0671.PNG

JIANGSU - Won the Chinese Super League (I know it's not hard) but as I said tried to not spend to much, again getting most of the Freebies and end of Contract players

Spoiler

IMG_0014.PNG.faafe2d9154e5f346938bf8110c2eee2.PNG

IMG_0016.PNG.3db15232a7633fd7b612aa382bdba0cc.PNG

IMG_0015.PNG.d89c0096cad96201da99b6b67ac78030.PNG

IMG_0020.PNG.cb1899cbbb2f26630610ef72a0d74fa4.PNG

IMG_0044.PNG.83dda8c9d8297360f2d6d6b57d0cabae.PNG

IMG_0043.PNG.be68a64ec7baaa24e888c23bf160a05d.PNG

IMG_0017.PNG.052eae47149175dec0d841350e743eb2.PNG

IMG_0018.PNG.e70e3f3756fa9ef14b95dcd749ce0dd8.PNG

IMG_0019.PNG.c7f76a97bb98a72080ecd06ebb362b4b.PNG

Barcelona - Swapped many players saving lots of money in Transfers, my aim was to see if I could get a relatively unknown Striker (to me anyway) to make it in a team of Super players, and this was obviously Sadiq who eventually went on to score 31 goals in his first season, which is ok (ish)

Spoiler

IMG_0023.PNG.0e7ddff6567b9e8fed3130cb6aa6dfcd.PNG

IMG_0024.PNG.6986128843a317bdebf03f4c46daf836.PNG

IMG_0025.PNG.eb7dce4a412fcf4f4cebe0d13d7d55aa.PNG

IMG_0030.PNG.74ea904545079068794c1810e3973fb8.PNG

IMG_0026.PNG.aa1ef344705d18eb7df7157b7b3e5741.PNG

IMG_0027.PNG.e7ffb5d1ec649bba7c0364c848d1cd32.PNG

IMG_0028.PNG.5ad8c028d67d878859d349742caf8e17.PNG

IMG_0029.PNG.2a69566cc62598e2fe33ea8f1642c20e.PNG

IMG_0031.PNG.ad9a5c2d5519cc9860ed9f5a57d7767d.PNG

IMG_0022.PNG.5cd9daaa701fb4e21a2d6e1fd170c75a.PNG

IMG_0021.PNG.45793144b70d7dad0dc520ec465ce091.PNG

Lastly Oldham - The one surprise was the Striker in the DLF role, he scored an amazing 43 goals in 43 games which is unheard for with Oldham (I wish), again I didn't spend a penny, selling everyone as much I could to raise the wage structure.

Spoiler

IMG_0035.PNG.3a39c4fc1e79304ca8534ef39795684a.PNG

IMG_0040.PNG.82d99c52bc5b1e72e6810743e580be28.PNG

IMG_0032.PNG.641a60c4299d774b30451ad686ac14c5.PNG

IMG_0037.PNG.c2fa1e72f51732aa31537d0a279fbfba.PNG

IMG_0039.PNG.132e1807e646c5dee7cdecb03a4e40bf.PNGIMG_0038.PNG.548081a2f4f41ee686f50b14de374f69.PNG

Everton was not really a big scoring team, plus I get rid of Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison, I brought Kean back from Loan and then eventually bought Isak, they did ok, but didn't really get much out of them in the first season, maybe another season might show their full potential.

Any comments as always are welcome, or questions.

 

Edited by Cockers2505
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You and me both, regarding the age.

I loved your tactic last year. Just picked fmm again. Why creating a tactic When you already have. Thanks a lot!

I let you know how it goes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, what was your usual line up in Barca ?

Sadiq

Pavon messi 

Pogba de jong Grealish 

Alba marquinos tianzou emerson 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks @Kavver hope it works well for you as it did me, please let me know.

added 0 minutes later
18 hours ago, Kavver said:

You and me both, regarding the age.

I loved your tactic last year. Just picked fmm again. Why creating a tactic When you already have. Thanks a lot!

I let you know how it goes. 

Thanks @Kavver hope it works well for you as it did me, please let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scouse_v said:

Hi, what was your usual line up in Barca ?

Sadiq

Pavon messi 

Pogba de jong Grealish 

Alba marquinos tianzou emerson 

 

 

Hi @scouse_v apologies didn't see your question

Yes exactly what you said above, except Hulk played a lot on the right and Valvarde played the CM role

In defence I used marquinos and Araujo mostly together with Umtiti and Pique covering when fatigue came a problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hi @scouse_v apologies didn't see your question

Yes exactly what you said above, except Hulk played a lot on the right and Valvarde played the CM role

In defence I used marquinos and Araujo mostly together with Umtiti and Pique covering when fatigue came a problem

Thanks for answering my query. 

I am trying this tactic in the Spanish league, with Real Madrid and in English league, with Spurs - have made similar transfers - lets see how it goes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did another Season with Barca to see how Sadiq would get on, he isn't as prolific as I expected

IMG_0048.PNG.8b308a0b785ff5b6cde247df83f15b58.PNG

History - Not bad a full season unbeaten and only conceding 12 goals.

Only 1 loss after 2 seasons must say something about the Tactic, even if it is Barca???

Spoiler

IMG_0049.PNG.0c3b860fd5e16bfa0b206760ab82246d.PNG

IMG_0050.PNG.27a3e7a225125e7095ba87d902aacd7b.PNG

IMG_0060.PNG.1385cb4404aa93f08fcbfa1126470f0b.PNG

Transfers

Spoiler

IMG_0051.PNG.81912d03316ecdb7a8005d6c49ff9f24.PNG

IMG_0052.PNG.097947dbf93ed3565be6a6cd96ee2615.PNG

IMG_0053.PNG.7b4448c1a744d8897d7fd52cf16e6d7c.PNG

IMG_0054.PNG.aa854e234b86b67edbabe9ee9e798300.PNG

 

Stats for the Players

Spoiler

IMG_0055.PNG.d5348a8f3661618193b6cfb8af144fb3.PNG

IMG_0056.PNG.a761c8f43c56a34a2bc57f4081228273.PNG

IMG_0057.PNG.e0d46a9200e617be5b285d2f452729e8.PNG

Sadiq  - Not exactly winning many trophies with his Goal stats, maybe give him one more season to see if he improves, not really expecting a 100 goal player!!!!!

IMG_0058.PNG.225bf58c1ac9c52fe44798fc6bc18fe6.PNG

IMG_0059.PNG.3f8880852fd79ce6abc902ebdf5388b4.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2021 at 05:59, scouse_v said:

Thanks for answering my query. 

I am trying this tactic in the Spanish league, with Real Madrid and in English league, with Spurs - have made similar transfers - lets see how it goes. 

How you getting in with it mate

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 27/09/2021 at 14:33, Cockers2505 said:

How you getting in with it mate

Hi @Cockers2505, 

So I started my career with spurs but abandoned it soon as I just got bored. Instead I tried the tactic in Germany with Bayern. 

Here are the screenshots of my first season. 

In all honesty I was thinking ill score >50 goals with lewandowski given the wholesome stats he has but could manage 36 goals, which is decent. 

Overall it was a fun career where. I also got veterans like Hulk and Dani alves. 

I'll try this in the Italian league now. Let's see. Maybe with Ac Milan.  

Screenshot_20210930-174138_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210930-174143_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210930-174153_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210930-174200_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210930-174233_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210930-174249_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210930-174313_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scouse_v said:

Hi @Cockers2505, 

So I started my career with spurs but abandoned it soon as I just got bored. Instead I tried the tactic in Germany with Bayern. 

Here are the screenshots of my first season. 

In all honesty I was thinking ill score >50 goals with lewandowski given the wholesome stats he has but could manage 36 goals, which is decent. 

Overall it was a fun career where. I also got veterans like Hulk and Dani alves. 

I'll try this in the Italian league now. Let's see. Maybe with Ac Milan.  

Hi @scouse_v thanks for letting me know, I guess you was successful in the League though? 

 

I am trying it with Liverpool at the moment, with a young Striker called Dusan Vlahovic who scored 31 out of 33 games in another save, so I will see how I get on, but I think I am 23 games in unbeaten in the league, with 1 loss int he Group stage of the Champions league so doing ok, I know Liverpool area  strong side, but maybe the DLF is not equipped as a high scoring striker, maybe back to the drawing board on that part?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hi @scouse_v thanks for letting me know, I guess you was successful in the League though? 

 

I am trying it with Liverpool at the moment, with a young Striker called Dusan Vlahovic who scored 31 out of 33 games in another save, so I will see how I get on, but I think I am 23 games in unbeaten in the league, with 1 loss int he Group stage of the Champions league so doing ok, I know Liverpool area  strong side, but maybe the DLF is not equipped as a high scoring striker, maybe back to the drawing board on that part?

Oh I think I missed attaching the overview screenshot - so we manage to win all the domestic trophies but I got knocked out of UCL in Ro16 by inter - a dull tie honestly where despite a strong lineup my team didn't respond to the deficit and unfortunately losing the tie. 

In between there were long unbeaten runs - but I had my share of losing games, both in league and CL - which I'd blame the fatigue or overrun of fixtures since Bayern also had the club word cup fixtures in between. 

I am looking forward to the see your attempt with Liverpool - I myself being a fan of them - hoping to try with them or some English team once I am done with Ac Milan. 

Screenshot_20210930-180509_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Edited by scouse_v
Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, scouse_v said:

Oh I think I missed attaching the overview screenshot - so we manage to win all the domestic trophies but I got knocked out of UCL in Ro16 by inter - a dull tie honestly where despite a strong lineup my team didn't respond to the deficit and unfortunately losing the tie. 

In between there were long unbeaten runs - but I had my share of losing games, both in league and CL - which I'd blame the fatigue or overrun of fixtures since Bayern also had the club word cup fixtures in between. 

I am looking forward to the see your attempt with Liverpool - I myself being a fan of them - hoping to try with them or some English team once I am done with Ac Milan. 

Screenshot_20210930-180509_FM21 Mobile.jpg

@Cockers2505

Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Watchhands said:

That's one weird 4321. But eh,looks good enough

but it works, every team I have tried it with it seems to be very successful, I might have to think about the Forwards role, they score ok, but not as much as I would like 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got done with my Ac Milan career! Tactic worked well for me - performed well in league only losing it to Juventus by a point. 

Won the Europa league quite handsomely. Interesting thing was to see Zlatan rediscover his youth and score like crazy 20+ goals which is quite decent given his age and stats. 

So, in his case the DLF position worked. 

Overall the tactic really works with the kind of players it demands and not just any player. So like you mentioned in your write up, the players certainly require to have good stats in their respective position to perform with this tactic and get results. 

Will give it a shot in the English/ Spanish league and see how it goes. 

Screenshot_20211002-001853_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-001909_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-001938_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-001950_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-002023_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-002037_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-002046_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-002244_FM21 Mobile.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2021 at 17:17, scouse_v said:

Got done with my Ac Milan career! Tactic worked well for me - performed well in league only losing it to Juventus by a point. 

Won the Europa league quite handsomely. Interesting thing was to see Zlatan rediscover his youth and score like crazy 20+ goals which is quite decent given his age and stats. 

So, in his case the DLF position worked. 

Overall the tactic really works with the kind of players it demands and not just any player. So like you mentioned in your write up, the players certainly require to have good stats in their respective position to perform with this tactic and get results. 

Will give it a shot in the English/ Spanish league and see how it goes. 

 

 

 

 

 

Looks good mate and for a 39 year old 20+ goals is a good season

Link to comment
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Looks good mate and for a 39 year old 20+ goals is a good season

Thanks for checking out. 

How is the tactic going with Liverpool? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scouse_v said:

Thanks for checking out. 

How is the tactic going with Liverpool? 

Hi Mate, so I have done 2 seasons to see if I can get the young striker to score using either DLF, or i'm trying a CF for the second season

Season 1

Did ok, was disappointed at the 2 losses, Man City and Man Utd which coming from Oldham I hated, grew up with everyone being either through school days!!!!

IMG_0062.PNG.ba76e2c5ff8f68d6331a75fde5b22733.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0061.PNG.11845330feb196006829743ccdb02f66.PNG

IMG_0063.PNG.28743d5deb658587236c4f7100cb0946.PNG

IMG_0064.PNG.f1b036794692ce8c76bd4dcaf0c59706.PNG

IMG_0065.PNG.98a5bd5698b422dd3ecf2fb58f2a00f8.PNG

 

Season 2 - I did half a season on Overload, which went better than expected

IMG_0082.PNG.53662bf70b9269f2ee2f69c9f43ac75c.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0078.PNG.3166f828316383a8b65fc831c63a4317.PNG

IMG_0079.PNG.cc65cc9f5c4f7e6594f14555aefe0265.PNG

IMG_0083.PNG.dc492a87cefd6e98bb04cffe3840903e.PNG

 

Striker - Dusan Vlahovic

IMG_0081.PNG.cc90aa5c730d2676fe1f211fbf7cac42.PNG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 05/10/2021 at 03:00, Cockers2505 said:

Hi Mate, so I have done 2 seasons to see if I can get the young striker to score using either DLF, or i'm trying a CF for the second season

Season 1

Did ok, was disappointed at the 2 losses, Man City and Man Utd which coming from Oldham I hated, grew up with everyone being either through school days!!!!

IMG_0062.PNG.ba76e2c5ff8f68d6331a75fde5b22733.PNG

  Hide contents

IMG_0061.PNG.11845330feb196006829743ccdb02f66.PNG

IMG_0063.PNG.28743d5deb658587236c4f7100cb0946.PNG

IMG_0064.PNG.f1b036794692ce8c76bd4dcaf0c59706.PNG

IMG_0065.PNG.98a5bd5698b422dd3ecf2fb58f2a00f8.PNG

 

Season 2 - I did half a season on Overload, which went better than expected

IMG_0082.PNG.53662bf70b9269f2ee2f69c9f43ac75c.PNG

  Hide contents

IMG_0078.PNG.3166f828316383a8b65fc831c63a4317.PNG

IMG_0079.PNG.cc65cc9f5c4f7e6594f14555aefe0265.PNG

IMG_0083.PNG.dc492a87cefd6e98bb04cffe3840903e.PNG

 

Striker - Dusan Vlahovic

IMG_0081.PNG.cc90aa5c730d2676fe1f211fbf7cac42.PNG

 

Hi Mate, thanks for sharing your progress. And, wow! that is some drastic improvement in the number of goals scored. Especially the second season. Looks good. Maybe I'll try this in my PSG save. Just wondering what all transfers did you make? or did you stick with the same team most of the season? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scouse_v said:

Hi Mate, thanks for sharing your progress. And, wow! that is some drastic improvement in the number of goals scored. Especially the second season. Looks good. Maybe I'll try this in my PSG save. Just wondering what all transfers did you make? or did you stick with the same team most of the season? 

I bought and sold quite a few to be truthful but more in the second season, if is worth it I'll sell them for the right money, especially if they are 29+ because once they got 30 their value drops considerably if you don't constantly play them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...