Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat BWM - The ultimate playmaker?

I'm currently working on some tactical stuff in preparation for FMM22, particularly a 5 at the back possession system. 

I've used the BWM role and the passing numbers he's achieving is like nothing I've ever seen. 

In my most recent game he completed 128/133 passes. 

My whole team completed 562/599 passes. So he's massively involved in what we're doing. 

He typically has the highest number of passes, by a lot, and even contributes with key passes. 

Something to think about for anyone who wants to create a possession based system. 

26 minutes ago, StuartM said:

Those are some impressive numbers! Quick question, do you have the BWM in the DM or the CM position?

I've got him in the CM position alongside a BBM. 

That's because he's the simple ball and option, he'll just rotate the ball and keep it simple. 

For this exact reason I used to put BWMs close to players I want on the ball alot like APMs. As they'll win it back or get it off the CBs and play the simple ball to keep possession. 

Even more so if you've 5 at the back as they'll have decent possession and he'll be a solid passing avenue. It's like how often do the LFC CBs pass it to Fabinho, who passes it back, to then move play to receive it again to release a more forward thinking player.

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's because he's the simple ball and option, he'll just rotate the ball and keep it simple. 

For this exact reason I used to put BWMs close to players I want on the ball alot like APMs. As they'll win it back or get it off the CBs and play the simple ball to keep possession. 

Even more so if you've 5 at the back as they'll have decent possession and he'll be a solid passing avenue. It's like how often do the LFC CBs pass it to Fabinho, who passes it back, to then move play to receive it again to release a more forward thinking player.

Yeah, the defender on his side of the back 3 has also done decent numbers. 

I'd be concerned that they were just passing between themselves, but the key passes from my BWM suggests that he's not just passing for the sake of it. 

25 minutes ago, CJ_Randell said:

Yeah, the defender on his side of the back 3 has also done decent numbers. 

I'd be concerned that they were just passing between themselves, but the key passes from my BWM suggests that he's not just passing for the sake of it. 

It's the type of player you hope is getting the assists assists 😂

Huh. The OP makes an interesting point ... which I’d like to take further ...

... If ONE BWM gets good numbers (especially key passes), then I wonder what happens if you have TWO of them (e.g. in a 4231, behind an AMC), or even THREE of them (e.g. 451 or 433).

Am guessing two could work, but hope three wouldn’t.

I agree with @Ashez. BWM is one of those role that does simple passes which contributes to their amount of passes completed. I had a CM with about 500 passes in a game once. The role CD is a good example of role that does the same and also the DLP.

I’m not entirely sure about the key passes since you haven’t shown us the tactic and how much exactly the key passes are. It’ll be interesting to see if you can give us some screenshots. :)