Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM22 - New Features + Screenshots

21 minutes ago, lonfo said:

Current AI isn't actually bad at transfers but only/mostly cares about established players, so we can easily pick from the wonderkid crops.

Yeah, agree with that in the short term, but longer term not so much. Come back 5 or 10 seasons in and the quality of some of the squads of top clubs are pretty iffy. If they can improve that, it'll make it more challenging to have and maintain success after the opening few seasons.

43 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I think this part is the most interesting and the one which will make the most impact, either for good (if they pull it off properly) or ill (if they don't get it right):

Imagine if the AI teams actually stated competitive! But then again not sure I'll be chuffed if I can't keep hold of any of my players...

Oh no, more competition to sign Mikey Johnston 😰

38 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Oh no, more competition to sign Mikey Johnston 😰

You didn't hear? They took him out of the game in FMM22, after they noticed someone had an unhealthy obsession with him...

39 minutes ago, Scratch said:

You didn't hear? They took him out of the game in FMM22, after they noticed someone had an unhealthy obsession with him...

All I heard is they are taking out Esposito 

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

The medical center is the only thing to have my attention. 

Yeah, I noticed the "Training Intensity" percentage, wonder if that means we'll have a bit more control over training, more than just light/normal/heavy training.

There's a lot more info on the website compared to the twitter thread:

https://www.footballmanager.com/features/fm22-mobile-features-unveiled

FM22 Mobile Features Unveiled

Football Manager 2022 Mobile releases on November 9th on iOS and Android, packed to the brim with new features and improvements that elevate the most immersive football management title on mobile to new levels. If you want to get ahead of the game you can pre-order on the App Store or pre-register on Google Play.

You can look forward to expanding your horizons with a brand-new league and the ability to load more nations at once than ever before. There are also upgrades to the transfer and scouting systems in the game and more media activity throughout your club’s season.

Let’s dive in and take an in-depth look at the features in this year’s game.

MAKE YOUR MARK ACROSS THE GLOBE

FM22 Mobile now includes the ability to load up to five leagues at once, giving you the power to take your tactical blueprint to more corners of the globe than before.

We’ve also added the South African league as a playable competition in the game, opening the door to the African continental competitions for the first time. Now you can take on the ultimate globetrotting journey and try to capture titles across five different continents.

SCOUTING OVERHAUL

There are more ways to nail your recruitment in FM22 Mobile thanks to an enhanced scouting system that brings across more elements from other titles in the FM series.

One of the biggest additions in this area are Scouting Assignments. Anyone who has played the desktop version of FM will be familiar with these but they allow you to send your scouts out to look for specific types of players in specific areas of the world. They’re a powerful tool that can help you quickly identify the players who can immediately improve the quality of your squad.

We’ve created an easy-to-use Scouting Assignment creator, similar to the Tactic creator, to make it a breeze to set up an assignment. You can not only select how long you want the assignment to last but specify a number of different factors you want your scouts to take into account, including: location, position and role, ability, age and contract status. You can also select which of your scouts you want to take on the assignment.

In addition to Scouting Assignments, we’ve also reworked next opposition reports to include more information such as what Tactical Style your opponents are likely to use against you and stat comparisons between the two of you. There are more ways to filter the scout result and player search screens as well we’ve included mini scout reports in news items.

TRANSFER EXPERIENCE REVAMP

In FM22 Mobile, we’ve made major under the hood changes to the transfer system that affect everything from negotiations to the way that AI clubs look to build their squads.

AI clubs will now be more intelligent in the market, looking to not only sign the players that can make an instant impact in their team but also looking to bring in stars of the future who can set them up for success in seasons to come. This means that there’ll be more competition for you to deal with when it comes to signing wonderkids and you may find that your best players are on the radar of more of your rivals.

We’ve refined the way negotiations work too so that the AI respond more intelligently to your demands, leading to more realistic transfer deals going through. You also have a couple of new ways to get the upper hand over your rivals in negotiations. Firstly, there’s the ability to lock part of your transfer offer so it can’t be changed, and you can now respond to each offer individually when there are offers from multiple clubs interested in one of your players.

MEDICAL CENTRE

Making its debut in FM22 Mobile is the Medical Centre. Another element of the game that will be familiar to desktop players, the Medical Centre is where you can get all the insight into the condition and fitness of your squad.

You can use the Medical Centre to plan ahead to avoid potential injury crises. The Overview screen gives you a general idea of the health of your squad, any current injuries to any of your players and a list of players that are at potential risk of injury. The Injuries screen allows you to view more information on current injuries within your squad, including the expected return date for the player(s) and the severity of the injury.

The Assessment screen is particularly helpful to help you plan for future fixtures as you can see an assessment of each player’s current injury risk and tiredness levels. There may be some players that are at an increased risk of injury so it could be worth resting them for the next game unless it’s a crucial fixture. Alternatively, you may see that some players are lacking match sharpness and need more first-team minutes to get to peak condition, meaning you might want to include them in your matchday squad. By regularly checking into the Assessment screen you can better inform your team selection ahead of each match.

MEDIA AND NARRATIVES

The media circus is as active as it’s ever been in FM22 Mobile. The press are now a regular companion on your journey through the season, commenting on your team’s performance in the form of Narratives.

Narratives have existed in Challenges for a few years but will now trigger throughout normal gameplay. Whether you’re going to be challenging for the title or battling against relegation, there’ll be more media interest in you and your squad from the very start of the season and you’ll have to navigate your way through the media circus to keep your squad motivated.

There are more media items in the game now too such as a module for when a player is unable to settle at a club.

NEW FACES

Newgen faces will appear for the first time in FM22 Mobile, allowing you to finally put a face to the name of your superstar striker or world-class defender.

We’ve also redesigned the home screen to give you more easily accessible, pertinent information about your squad such as key highlights from the Medical Centre and more information on your upcoming fixture.

Finally, we’ve redesigned the game setup flow to make it easier to create the ideal setup for your FM22 Mobile save.

FM22 Mobile adds even greater levels of realism and immersion to the series in the most complete offering in FM Mobile history. Whether you want to dominate across the world of football or want to get stuck into the world of scouting, there’s something to enjoy for every type of manager.

"Newgen faces will appear for the first time in FM22 Mobile, allowing you to finally put a face to the name of your superstar striker or world-class defender." Does it mean I have the option to put a face or not on every single player? Any thoughts?

25 minutes ago, wtvching said:

"Newgen faces will appear for the first time in FM22 Mobile, allowing you to finally put a face to the name of your superstar striker or world-class defender." Does it mean I have the option to put a face or not on every single player? Any thoughts?

I think you can turn off the faces in the options, so there's no reason you couldn't just have a black silhouette like we have now.
But it also opens up the ability to have a more realistic face pack, like Zealand made for full fat FM last year.

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

All I heard is they are taking out Esposito 

Haha, fair play! :D 

Among all the new features this year, my favourite would probably have to be the newgen faces. Sure, they're ugly af lol, but I'm mostly interested in its modding potential 😅

Ironically, I find myself more interested in the 'under the hood' changes every year. Like the tweaks to the match engine/AI and the eternal hope for some new tactical roles. Anyone else feel the same?

Updated squads, 5 playable nations, South African league added and 'under the hood' changes are the only reasons I'm getting FMM22.

If one could live without these features, there would be no reason to buy it this year. 

Locking in parts of transfer offers and dealing with clubs individually when multiple bids come in sounds great!..

1 hour ago, Thirsk said:

Among all the new features this year, my favourite would probably have to be the newgen faces. Sure, they're ugly af lol, but I'm mostly interested in its modding potential 😅

Ironically, I find myself more interested in the 'under the hood' changes every year. Like the tweaks to the match engine/AI and the eternal hope for some new tactical roles. Anyone else feel the same?

I really do hope for more tactical role. Mezzala and False Nine precisely.

12 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

I hope the "more intelligent AI" means that AI clubs can offer players in exchange now 🤞

That scene when PSG offers £20m + Messi in exchange for Riyad Mahrez 

1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

I really do hope for more tactical role. Mezzala and False Nine precisely.

Everyone is saying this, but I think that's the sort of thing they would have mentioned if they were doing it. 🙁

Firstly, there’s the ability to lock part of your transfer offer so it can’t be changed, and you can now respond to each offer individually when there are offers from multiple clubs interested in one of your players.

Long overdue. Especially the multiple bids thing. 

10 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Yeah, I noticed the "Training Intensity" percentage, wonder if that means we'll have a bit more control over training, more than just light/normal/heavy training.

The days of me playing half a season in one sitting are well behind me, partly due to interest but also due to how much longer the game takes now. I remember back on the early days of the IOS version it wasn't uncommon to hear people playing a season in one sitting, hell you'd hear about multiple seasons in a day right @samhardy! Anyway I'm getting away from my point, my point is I'm very much a month here and there player now. Maybe half a season will take me multiple play sessions in a day, maybe it'll take me closer to a week, either way I'm not as intense as I used to be. Seasons are what 6-8 hours now? Back in the day you could smash out a season in under 3 hours, those days were bliss. Not going to lie the thought of a 10 year save being 60-80 hours is a massive turn off for me, in the same way I'm put off long RPGs which I'd argue are better experiences, anyway I've been sidetracked again 😂

One issue with that play style is staying on top of player fitness as the game currently gives no detailed player stats or the like, so if I don't remember who I rested in the last game and who I didn't in the last few I'm always at risk of over playing someone. With the shit training system and injury systems in place where jadedness and injuries kill the pace of the game (damn those ITN injuries) it was something I always found frustrating. Especially as the game is meant to be pick up and play yet this current version I don't think it fits that brief, don't get me wrong I know plenty of people play in big play sessions still but not always etc, especially on the casual side which is where I basically sit now 😂

So if this medical center can help deal with that problem that's a big one for me. A previous big issue was how cheap all set piece goals felt regardless if they were for or against me, with the settings added last year that frustration evaporated (once it was fine tuned obviously). So if this equally frustrating issue will be removed from the game I'm excited. 

Very true ash, always now play FM at work, well I do 7 days on and 1 off, so I find i can smash around 10/15 games a day, when I get home I just chill out. So takes me say 3/4 days to finish 1 season. I'm on my 11th season so this will be my final one before the FM 22 comes out. Just hope its a tad bit better as its got abit boring now 😴 

i wouldnt be so excited about new roles or instructions... i asked marc if we can export 21 tactic files to 22 and he said it should work as he doesnt remember changing *anything*

15 hours ago, MatiasDFS said:

i wouldnt be so excited about new roles or instructions... i asked marc if we can export 21 tactic files to 22 and he said it should work as he doesnt remember changing *anything*

If you did ask and he did answer i'm affriad he didn't give you a straight answer. He wont tell you outright about the single biggest update to the game...would he? Or then again maybe he would 😉

Even if there were new roles the old tactics would be importable nice? It only wouldn’t work if they removed roles logically. 

1 hour ago, Woody said:

He wont tell you outright about the single biggest update to the game...😉

@WoodyMate we already know the biggest update to the game is ....NEWCASTLE TRANSFER BUDGET 😂

What do we think %MP means in the assessment centre?

2 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

What do we think %MP means in the assessment centre?

% of matches played I guess...

4 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

@WoodyMate we already know the biggest update to the game is ....NEWCASTLE TRANSFER BUDGET 😂

Tis true my friend 😆

7 hours ago, MikeF said:

Even if there were new roles the old tactics would be importable nice? It only wouldn’t work if they removed roles logically. 

Depends if they tweak the game engine.

Don't forget things that work on the game every year get affected with each update. Going to the next year's game can affect it as well. Some tactics from previous versions work and some don't historically.

Edited by Schwantz34
On 27/10/2021 at 23:35, Schwantz34 said:

I want to try and make my own adaptation of a Florian Kohfeldt tactic he used at Bremen when they were playing well, but with this due out I don't know whether to wait now and attempt one for the new version.

Might just try it and see if it works on the new one as well when I get that.

I am a great FK sympathizer. I have something there that you could perhaps use. Can you show me what tactics you used?

2 hours ago, donfeleo said:

I am a great FK sympathizer. I have something there that you could perhaps use. Can you show me what tactics you used?

Thanks but I have my own successful tactics if I wanted to use them.

For this though I want to create myself a working Kohfeldt tactic.

Edited by Schwantz34